Salted Caramel Pumpkin Latte

It’s Monday.
It’s the fourth Monday of the month.
Salted Caramel Pumpkin Latte - coffee, milk, pumpkin puree, and caramel in a delicious fall latte  http://www.insidebrucrewlife.com
That only means something to you if you are in the Secret Recipe Club.

The club where you are assigned a random blog to read…or stalk in my case.
My blog assignment this month was Farmgirl Gourmet.
A true farm girl at heart, Heather shares fun and easy recipe from her kitchen.
She also is a big fan of buying local and grows many things in her own garden.
Those are two things that I would like to do more of here.
She was a true inspiration to me as I read through many of her great recipes.

I always have the hardest time narrowing down my SRC choice,
and again this month I had a list to choose from.
A few of my favorites that I wanted to try were Mexican Lasagna,
Cinnamon Yogurt Scones, and Pumpkin Challah Pudding.

But then I saw her most viewed recipe from her blog was the Pumpkin Spice Latte.
Just the other day, I opened my first can of pumpkin to make these donuts,
and I had the leftover pumpkin in my fridge just waiting for the right recipe.
Since I am now on a true pumpkin kick,
and I love to have a good cup of coffee by my side in the morning when I do some reading,
I knew this would be the recipe for my reveal.

It was so easy to throw everything into a pan and bring it to a slight boil.
I like that you can use whatever milk you normally drink in this.
We drink fat free, so this is even a slightly skinny drink…
well, it was until I substituted caramel ice cream topping for the sugar:-)
At least I tried to get rid of some calories for you, right?
That has to count somehow!

To froth the milk mixture, you use your blender.  That just made frothing so much easier.
Even fat free milk can get a good froth going on that way.
I divided the mixture into two cups, just like Heather said, and poured the coffee right on top.
(One other thing I slightly changed was how much coffee I added.
I wanted a slightly stronger coffee taste, so I double the amount.)

Since I was putting cool whip and extra caramel on top, I didn’t worry about
messing up my cool frothed milk look by pouring the coffee in.
(yes, I know…I completely destroyed the so called skinny factor of this drink now)

Then I sat outside with my new favorite drink and a few books.
Pumpkin Latte, quiet time, good books to study…
now if only the weather would cooperate and get cool!

Salted Caramel Pumpkin Latte

Yield: 2 drinks

Salted Caramel Pumpkin Latte

Milk, pumpkin puree, caramel, and coffee in a delicious fall latte.

2 cups fat free milk
4 Tablespoons canned pumpkin
3 Tablespoons caramel ice cream topping, divided
2 Tablespoons vanilla
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 cup strong brewed coffee
1/2 cup Cool Whip
1/4 teaspoon sea salt

1. In a small saucepan, combine the milk, pumpkin, 2 Tablespoons caramel, vanilla, and spice. Stir until the mixture comes to a very small boil. Remove from the heat immediately and place into a blender. Pulse for about 2 minutes or until very frothy.
  2. Divide the milk into 2 large mugs. Pour 1/2 c. coffee into each mug. Top with Cool Whip, extra caramel, and sea salt. Makes 2 servings.

Notes

Adapted from Farmgirl Gourmet

Comments

Perfect for a quiet morning…now if I could just find one of those ;) Actually, I’d take this any time of day in the midst of my chaos – love that it’s salted caramel!

Becca @ Crumbs and Chaos

Awesome. I just posted on instagram, seriously two minutes ago, my shot of coffee….Pumpkin spice. LOVE fall. Can’t wait to start baking with pumpkin. That is such a pretty picture too by the way :)

I’ve never tried anything like this before so would be curious as to it’s taste. Would you happen to know if there is a substitute for cool whip? I’m not sure I can get that here in the UK. PS I also have my eye on your pumpkin oreo cheesecake which looks amazing!

So glad you enjoyed this coffee. It’s currently in the high 80’s in the PacNW or I’d be busting open a can of pumpkin to make this! :) Thanks for all of your sweet words and happy SRC day! :)

XO
    Heather

Pumpkin is my favorite fall flavor and I love pumpkin coffee so much that I stop at Dunkin every morning for their pumpkin spice coffee! The thought of making for myself on the weekend makes me SOOO happy!! Thanks for sharing!

What a perfect recipe for fall — I’ll keep this one tucked away for Bible study meetings in just a few weeks. Looks amazing. And, makes me long for fall!!

7. Lynsey says

Fall is right around the corner and I’m stock-piling recipes to make. This is definintely going on the list. It sounds fabulous; I love pumpkin and salted caramel so I can’t wait to try it together!

Such a unique idea, I’ve never heard of pumpkin-latte
    I really wish I could taste it
    I have to tell you – you got me in a “pumpkin-mood” this last week

What a treat! I will so be making this treasure of a drink in the next coming weeks as the weather will be turning cooler here in Southern NH. GREAT SRC pick! :-)

Hi Jocelyn : ) Dropping by to let you know that your recipe was chosen for this weeks Secret Recipe Club Editor’s Choice Award! Come by and check out your recipe highlight on SRC, and grab the button to display on your blog if you’d like.

Congrats! : )

very very yummy! so happy autumn is on the way. I love the photo with the drink on the books… makes me think of drinking it while reading in the garden!

I have only ever made it one drink at a time. My thoughts are that I think it could be made a few days in advance. You need to heat it up every time though to put in the blender to get the froth on top.