Satisfy your sweet tooth with a pan of Gooey Oreo Brownie Bars. Cookies and chocolate chips baked into a gooey brownie makes an awesome chocolate dessert.
This past weekend we spent some time in our backyard cleaning up the weeds and dead grass. There has been a pile of wood and junk behind the shed since we moved in last year. Out of sight, out of mind, right? In fact, we didn’t really do any kind of yard work last year. It’s time for this place to get a little curbside appeal.
We raked the grass and prepping it for some fertilizer, while the boys pull out the wood pieces from behind the shed. My daughter and I also found a pile of landscaping bricks in some weeds beside the shed. We pulled those out and lined them up in the other corner of the yard for a flower garden. Some of the wood pieces from behind the shed are also going to be used to make another flower bed on the other side of the yard. Gotta love finding “free” things to repurpose. Now if only plants and mulch didn’t cost so much.
We dug up the grass and laid down some weed protection first. My daughter and I went out and bought some different flowers that say they will hold up in full sun. I hope so because our yard doesn’t have any trees in it, so those flowers are going to bake. Fingers crossed that my black thumbs can keep them alive for longer than a week. I’m not very good at gardening at all, but I have high hopes for these two flower beds.
I’m being serious about having two black thumbs. There is a shelf in our dining room where I placed some potted cactus’ last summer. Let’s just say a few of those didn’t make it a year. You guys! I am a cactus killer. Those poor plants outside are doomed.
A few weeks ago our daughter had some friends over, so I wanted to make some treats for them to enjoy. I had a brownie mix and some Oreo cookies in the pantry, so I used these gooey Butterfinger brownie bars as inspiration for this fudgy goodness.
Here are some tips, so that you can enjoy your own pan of gooey Oreo brownie bars:
- Line a pan with foil and spray it with nonstick spray, so that you can remove these bars easier.
- Do not follow the brownie mix directions!!! You are only going to use 1 stick of butter, 1 egg, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla to make a soft dough.
- Press the dough evenly into the pan and sprinkle it with cookies and chocolate chips.
- Drizzle the entire can of sweetened condensed milk over everything. That is what will give your brownies that fudgy texture.
- Sprinkle more cookies and chocolate chips on top because why not.
- Do not over bake these brownies! They will look gooey and under done, but trust me and take them out of the oven.
- Let the brownies cool completely before trying to cut into them!
Still need more chocolate and brownie goodness in your life? I suggest making a pan of these Mounds Brownies from Katrina. I know that gooey coconut and chocolate topping is calling my name!! I’m also loving these Buckeye Brownies from Aimee and these Brownie Marshmallow Crunch Bars from Valerie. Brownies with gooey toppings are definitely my favorite!!!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe: