This Oreo Brownies recipe is made from scratch and stuffed with Oreo cookies in every bite. They are soft, chewy, and frosted with a sweet chocolate topping. The mini Oreos on top add that extra touch of flair that everyone loves.
Fresh homemade brownies hold a special spot in my heart. There is just something about these rich, dark chocolate chip brownies hot from the oven that gets me every single time.
Oreo lovers, get ready to take those brownies to a whole new level! I can't wait to share my new favorite brownie recipe with you. A hidden layer of Oreo cookies inside and a chocolate layer on top make them so amazing!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Enjoy two desserts in one. Brownies with Oreos are the ultimate dessert!
- Easy to prepare and so delicious.
- They will disappear every single time you make them.
- Oreo stuffed brownies will satisfy every chocolate craving you have...and then some!
Grab a glass of milk because these Oreo brownies are sure to become your new favorite dessert in no time at all! They are so good that you will want to make them for every party or event.
Main Ingredients Needed
A pan of homemade brownies stuffed with Oreo cookies is so easy to make. There is a good chance you have all the basic ingredients that you need in your pantry. You can even use a store-bought brownie mix if you are short on time.
- Dark Cocoa Powder - Hershey's dark cocoa powder is the key to a dark chocolate color in homemade brownies. You can use regular cocoa powder too, but the brownies will be lighter in color.
- Unsalted Butter - Adds such a good flavor. Melt the unsalted butter before adding the cocoa. If you have salted butter, just reduce the amount of salt needed in the recipe.
- All Purpose Flour - To keep these brownies chewy and fudgy, you do not need a lot of flour. Learn how to properly measure flour with the spoon and sweep method.
- Vanilla Extract & Salt - Provides more flavor and balances out the sweet chocolate flavor.
- Oreos - For these loaded brownies you will need a package of classic Oreos for the inside and a bag of mini Oreos for the top. There is plenty of cookies and cream goodness packed into this treat.
- Chocolate - I like to use Ghirardelli chocolate melting wafers for frosting or dipping brownies because it melts so well and tastes great. You will use milk chocolate and white chocolate on these Oreo stuffed brownies.
How to make Oreo Brownies
Follow our simple recipe, and you will end up with delicious Oreo stuffed brownies in no time at all. Perfect for parties or just when you want something sweet. Once you try these chewy brownies, you will never want to make regular plain brownies again.
Make Brownie Batter
- Melt the butter and stir in the dark cocoa powder.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl until foamy.
- Add the sugar and vanilla and beat until dissolved and the mixture is pale yellow.
- Stir in the cooled chocolate and then the dry ingredients until you get a stiff thick batter.
Assemble and Bake
- Spread half the brownie batter in the prepared pan.
- Press 24 Oreo cookies into the batter.
- Cover the cookies with the remaining batter.
- Bake and cool the Oreo cookie brownies before frosting.
Frost and Serve
- Melt the milk chocolate and white chocolate wafers in two separate microwave safe bowls.
- Spread the milk chocolate on top of the cooled brownies.
- Spoon the melted white chocolate into a small baggie and cut one corner off. Drizzle over the top.
- Press mini Oreo cookies into the melted chocolate and let it set before cutting the Oreo dessert.
Stick a toothpick in the center of the brownies to check. If it comes out with raw batter, the brownies need more time. If there are moist crumbs, the brownies are done. Your brownies are over done if it comes out clean.
You may have over mixed the batter or over baked the brownies.
Using a plastic knife actually works the best for cutting cooled brownies. Wipe it off after each cut, so you have clean edges.
- Do not over mix the brownie batter. Stop mixing as soon as the ingredients are mixed in.
- Line the baking pan with parchment or foil for easy removal and quick clean up.
- Do not over bake the brownies. A toothpick inserted in the center should still have moist crumbs on it.
- Want gooey fudgy brownies? Under bake them by a few minutes, then let cool completely.
- Use a plastic knife to cut the brownies without tearing.
- Let the brownies cool completely before frosting and cutting.
- Try flavored Oreos for a fun twist. Mint, peanut butter, and chocolate cream would all be delicious.
- For the ultimate brownie sundae, serve these Oreo brownies with a scoop of homemade cookies and cream ice cream, a swirl of easy homemade whipped cream, and a cherry on top.
Counter - Keep the Oreo brownies in a tightly sealed container on the counter for 3-4 days.
Freezer - Wrap the entire block of brownies or individual brownies in plastic wrap and foil, then place in a freezer safe bag or container. Thaw in the fridge overnight or on the counter for a few hours before serving.
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please consider leaving a 5 star ⭐️ rating and/or a review in the comments section further below.
For the Brownies
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup dark cocoa powder
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 24 Oreo cookies
For the Topping
- 1 - 10 ounce bag milk chocolate melting wafers
- ¼ cup white chocolate melting wafers
- mini Oreos, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13 pan with foil or parchment paper and spray it with nonstick baking spray.
- Melt the butter and stir in the cocoa powder. Set aside.
- Whisk the eggs until foamy. Add the sugar and vanilla and beat until pale yellow.
- Stir the melted chocolate mixture into the eggs.
- Add the salt, flour, and baking powder and mix just until combined.
- Spread half the batter in the prepared pan. Press the Oreo cookies into the batter. Cover with the rest of the batter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Remove and cool completely.
- Melt the milk chocolate and white chocolate wafers in two bowls according to the package directions. Spread the milk chocolate on top of the cooled brownies.
- Spoon the white chocolate into a baggie and cut one tip off. Drizzle over the top.
- Press the mini Oreos into the top and let the chocolate set before cutting and serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 321Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 179mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 1gSugar: 30gProtein: 4g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.