Ooey Gooey Brownies are the perfect dessert for chocolate lovers. These fudgy brownies are packed with Oreo cookies and chocolate chips. Who wouldn't love that?
Trust me and make these brownie recipe ASAP! They so fudgy, delicious, and downright sinful!
I found a few box mixes, chocolate chips, and some cookies in our pantry the other day. We love these gooey Butterfinger brownies. So, I decided to tweak the recipe and make an Oreo version for dessert that night.
Gooey bars are always a fun and easy way to transform a brownie mix into a decadent dessert.
Why Make These
These ooey gooey brownies are the perfect dessert for chocolate lovers.
We took a basic brownie mix and made it even better with Oreo cookies and lots of chocolate chips. These brownies are so gooey and delicious, you won't be able to resist them.
With every bite, you will get a delicious mix of gooey brownie, crunchy cookie, and sweet chocolate. They're the perfect dessert for any occasion and will satisfy any sweet tooth.
All you need are a few simple pantry ingredients to make a pan of gooey brownies for dessert tonight. Make sure to bake them a few hours ahead of time, so they can cool and set up.
- Brownie Crust - Mixing together a dry brownie mix, softened butter, 1 egg, and vanilla extract makes a soft cookie bottom.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk - You will need one full can to drizzle over the crust and toppings. We used a chocolate sweetened condensed milk, but that is not available anymore. You can use a can of regular and stir 2-4 tablespoons cocoa powder into it.
- Toppings - Oreo cookies, semi sweet chocolate chips, and white chocolate chips give these gooey brownies a sweet flair.
How to Make
Get ready to satisfy your chocolate cravings with brownies. Our easy to follow instructions will help you make a pan of gooey brownies in no time at all.
- Line a 9x13 baking pan with foil, and spray it with nonstick baking spray. This will help you remove these gooey Oreo brownies after baking.
- Mix together the dry brownie mix, softened butter, egg, and vanilla until a soft dough forms.
- Press the batter into the prepared pan evenly. Sprinkle the Oreo cookie chunks and a mix of chocolate chips all over the top.
- Drizzle an entire can of sweetened condensed milk evenly over the toppings. This is what will give your brownies that fudgy texture.
- Sprinkle more cookies and chocolate chips on top before baking.
- Bake for 35 minutes and remove. Cool on a wire rack on the counter for a few hours.
- Add chopped walnuts, pecans, or almonds along with the toppings.
- Give the brownies some color by adding rainbow sprinkles on the very top.
- Substitute toffee bits, butterscotch chips, or mint candy bars to give the brownies a different flavor.
Cut the brownies into small squares and place them in an air tight container. They will keep on the counter for 4-5 days, if they last that long.
Tips and Tricks
Do not follow the brownie mix directions on the back of the box! All you need to use is one stick of butter, one egg, and some vanilla to make a soft dough.
Keep an eye on the brownies as they bake. You do not want to over bake OR under bake these brownies! They will look gooey and under done, but trust me and take them out of the oven.
Let the pan of brownies cool completely before cutting them into squares!
Enjoy them plain or top warm squares with homemade cookies and cream ice cream for a decadent over the top dessert.
More Brownie Recipes
- Easy Fudge Brownie Recipe
- Oreo Brownies
- M&M Brownies
- Chocolate Chip Brownies
- Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies
- Coffee Brownies
Do you love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5-star ⭐️ rating and a review in the comments section below.
*The post for Gooey Oreo Brownie Bars was first published March 2017. The post has been updated and republished June 2022.