Satisfy your sweet tooth with a pan of Gooey Oreo Brownie Bars. Cookies and chocolate chips baked into a gooey brownie makes an awesome chocolate dessert.
This past weekend we spent some time in our backyard cleaning up the weeds and dead grass. There has been a pile of wood and junk behind the shed since we moved in last year. Out of sight, out of mind, right? In fact, we didn’t really do any kind of yard work last year. It’s time for this place to get a little curbside appeal.
We raked the grass and prepping it for some fertilizer, while the boys pull out the wood pieces from behind the shed. My daughter and I also found a pile of landscaping bricks in some weeds beside the shed. We pulled those out and lined them up in the other corner of the yard for a flower garden. Some of the wood pieces from behind the shed are also going to be used to make another flower bed on the other side of the yard. Gotta love finding “free” things to repurpose. Now if only plants and mulch didn’t cost so much.
We dug up the grass and laid down some weed protection first. My daughter and I went out and bought some different flowers that say they will hold up in full sun. I hope so because our yard doesn’t have any trees in it, so those flowers are going to bake. Fingers crossed that my black thumbs can keep them alive for longer than a week. I’m not very good at gardening at all, but I have high hopes for these two flower beds.
I’m being serious about having two black thumbs. There is a shelf in our dining room where I placed some potted cactus’ last summer. Let’s just say a few of those didn’t make it a year. You guys! I am a cactus killer. Those poor plants outside are doomed.
A few weeks ago our daughter had some friends over, so I wanted to make some treats for them to enjoy. I had a brownie mix and some Oreo cookies in the pantry, so I used these Gooey Butterfinger Brownie Bars as inspiration for this fudgy goodness.
How to make Gooey Oreo Brownie Bars:
- Line a pan with foil and spray it with nonstick spray, so that you can remove these bars easier.
- Do not follow the brownie mix directions!!! You are only going to use 1 stick of butter, 1 egg, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla to make a soft dough.
- Press the dough evenly into the pan and sprinkle it with cookies and chocolate chips.
- Drizzle the entire can of sweetened condensed milk over everything. That is what will give your brownies that fudgy texture.
- Sprinkle more cookies and chocolate chips on top because why not.
- Do not over bake these brownies! They will look gooey and under done, but trust me and take them out of the oven.
- Let the brownies cool completely before trying to cut into them!
Still need more chocolate and brownie goodness in your life? I suggest making a pan of these Mounds Brownies from Katrina. I know that gooey coconut and chocolate topping is calling my name!! I’m also loving these Buckeye Brownies from Aimee and these Brownie Marshmallow Crunch Bars from Valerie. Brownies with gooey toppings are definitely my favorite!!!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
- 1 - 9x13 dry brownie mix
- 8 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 14 ounce can chocolate sweetened condensed milk
- 1 3/4 cups Oreo cookie chunks, divided
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips, divided
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13 pan with foil and spray it with nonstick spray.
- Mix together the dry brownie mix, butter, egg, and vanilla until a soft dough forms. Press it evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle 1 1/2 cups cookies chunks and 1/2 cup of each chocolate chip over the dough.
- Drizzle the sweetened condensed milk slowly over everything. Use a knife to gently smooth it out and try to cover everything.
- Sprinkle the remaining cookies and chips over the top. Bake for 35 minutes. Do not under or over bake these bars. They will be gooey and look under done when you take them out.
- Let them cool completely before trying to cut into them. They set up as they cool. Cut into 24 squares.
*Do not make the brownie mix according to the package directions!!!!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 267Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 91mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 3g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.