These Parmesan Garlic Shrimp Zucchini Noodles are a great choice for dinner when you are eating healthy.
*This post contains an affiliate link. We may receive a small percentage from sales made through these links, but they do not cost you any extra. Thank you for letting us share products we use this way to support our blog.
Yes, I totally realize that there is a plate of veggies staring you down right now. Yes, you are on the right blog. For the past few months we have been doing a different food plan and losing some stubborn pounds by saying no to things like this Snickers cheesecake brownie cake.
When you hit a certain age, those pounds are even more stubborn and like to hang on. But thank goodness my hubby has found a calling in health coaching. We both have gone through the food program and dropped a total of about 45 pounds together. Later thunder thighs!
We have adopted healthier eating habits for our main meal of the day as part of our journey to get healthy. Most of our lean and green dinners consist of salad and a protein. Sure I could blog it, but it would be very boring.
Until today that is. A few years ago I bought a spiralizer. I had every intention of using it right away. Yeah, that was a lie I told myself, just so I wouldn’t feel guilty buying a fad kitchen item. That poor little machine sat in our basement for years until we moved.
Then it sat in the laundry room at our new house for another year and a half. Want to know how many times I used it in that time frame?
Once. One stinking time. I finally felt so bad about buying it that I pulled it out and made this cranberry zucchini slaw. Which turned out amazing, so I don’t know why I haven’t made it more often?
When I got this crazy awesome idea to make a lean and green dinner with zucchini noodles, I couldn’t wait to pull the spiralizer out of a tote. Yes, it made another move with us. Although, my hubby tried to put it in the Goodwill box a few times along the way, but I rescued it every time.
And it’s a good thing because these parmesan garlic shrimp zucchini noodles rocked my world. I’m going to be honest, I wasn’t sure how I was going to feel about veggie noodles. But I have to say I was very, very pleasantly surprised.
No, they are not the same as pasta if you are wondering. Not at all. But they were delicious and satisfying, and I’m totally craving them again. True story!
This entire dinner is so easy and can be on your table in less than 30 minutes. I like to prep all my ingredients right before starting to cook anything. Here are a few tips to get you started.
- Place the frozen shrimp in a colander and run cool water over them as you cut the veggies.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and set aside.
- Run the zucchinis through the spiralizer and set them aside too.
- Mix together the seasonings for the shrimp.
- Now drain and dry the shrimp. And by dry, I really just mean pat them with a paper towel. You just want to remove some excess water.
- Place the shrimp in a bowl and toss with the oil and garlic. Then toss it with the cheese and seasonings. Pour on a tray and put it in the oven.
- Saute the veggies while the shrimp is cooking. Make sure to heat your oil up for a minute or two first though.
- Both parts of the dinner will finish about the same time. You can drop the shrimp in the skillet and serve it all right from there.
- Or get fancy and put the veggies in a nice white serving tray and place the shrimp on top all nice and pretty like. Either way it tastes amazing and gets rave reviews.
This easy lean and green meal has been made a few times at our house, and everyone devours it down. Well, everyone but the picky 13 year old boy who only likes Ramen. I guess you can’t please everyone.
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe: