Snickers salad meets apple cake in this delicious dessert. This Apple Snickers Cake is loaded with apples and candy bars and tastes amazing! This is is going to be your new favorite fall dessert after you take one bite.
How many of you have had this Snickers Salad before? It is a definite favorite with our kids.
Of course, it always made me laugh every time I heard people talking about this salad, because Snickers and salad just don’t sound right together. But then I had some of the deliciousness, and I became a firm believer in dessert salads.
The creamy pudding and Cool Whip mixed with apple chunks and Snickers bars. Now that’s the kind of salad I can get behind every night. That’s one way of having your apple a day, right?
The other day I bought more apples for school lunches and after school snacks. As much as the kids would like to have Chocolate Chip Cookies and Cream Cookies every day, we have been trying to enforce more healthy options.
But then I wandered into the candy aisle at Walmart, and I had this crazy desire to add Snickers candy bars to the treats.
Of course, a bag of those Snickers bars went into my cart in quite a hurry. What was that I said about eating more healthy snacks?
My husband just shakes his head in disbelief every time I come home with more candy. I realize I have issues if you are wondering.
This time I was telling him about my crazy need to change up this Toffee Apple Bread with Snickers when he stopped me.
His suggestion was an easy apple cake recipe topped with Snickers salad on top as frosting!!! The more I thought about it, the better it sounded!
Let me tell you people, he is a genius because this Apple Snickers Cake is simply to die for!! It’s seriously the best apple cake recipe I have ever had. We won’t talk about how many pieces I may or may not have eaten.
How to make an Apple Snickers Cake:
Combine the apple sauce, sour cream, and sugars until creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix again.
Dice your fresh apples into small chunks and stir them into the batter.
Whisk together all the dry ingredients and slowly mix it into the apple cake batter.
Cut your candy bars into chunks and stir gently into the batter as well. Pour into a prepared 9×13 cake pan and bake.
Once the cake is completely cool, whisk together a pudding mix and milk. Then fold in a container of Cool Whip and spread it on top of the cake. A sprinkling of more candy bars tops it off.
What kind of apples should I use in this apple cake?
I usually use Gala apples for baked goods, but feel free to use your favorite apple.
Do I have to peel the apples?
Depending on your preference, you can peel the apples or not. I have made this cake both ways and it’s delicious either way.
What can I use in place of Cool Whip?
You can use a stabilized whipped cream. I recommend beating 1 1/2 cups heavy cream with 6 Tablespoons powdered sugar until stiff peaks form, and use that in place of the Cool Whip in the recipe.
More easy apple recipes you may like:
- Apple Crisp Pie – the crunchy streusel topping and homemade filling makes this the best apple pie recipe around
- Maple Bacon Apple Cinnamon Roll Bake – crunchy bacon and a sweet maple glaze adds so much flavor to this easy breakfast casserole
- Apple Turtle Cheesecake Tart – a creamy cheesecake topped with apples, caramel, and nuts is a very good idea
- Apple Cheesecake Bars – sweet cheesecake with apple chunks and caramel drizzles tastes amazing
- Taffy Apple Pizza from Love Grows Wild – a sweet cookie dough crust, apples, peanut butter frosting, and caramel drizzles sounds great
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups peeled and diced apples
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup chopped Snickers bars, divided
- 1 cup milk
- 3.4 ounce box Jello instant vanilla pudding
- 8 ounce container Cool Whip, thawed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the applesauce, sour cream, and sugars. Beat until creamy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix again. Stir in the diced apples.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Slowly add to the apple mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in 1 cup of chopped Snickers by hand.
- Pour the apple cake batter into the prepared pan. Bake the cake for 38-40 minutes. Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack. Cool completely.
- Whisk together the milk and pudding mix. Fold in the Cool Whip gently.
- Spoon the frosting on top of the cooled cake and spread it out evenly. Place the cake in the refrigerator for about one hour to thicken.
- Serve with extra candy bar pieces.
*You can also use stabilized whipped cream in place of the Cool Whip. Beat 1 1/2 cups heavy creamy and 6 Tablespoons powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 217Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 157mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 1gSugar: 25gProtein: 3g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
(original photo from 2013)
*This Apple Snickers Cake recipe was originally published February 27, 2013. The pictures and post were updated and republished August 27, 2018.