A crockpot full of Apple Whiskey Chicken Meatballs is a must on game day!
So I hear there is this big game coming up this weekend? Basketball right? Haha! Just kidding! I know it’s Super Bowl weekend.
We are actually headed to two parties that night. Booyah! Two tables full of yummy snacks and appetizers! That’s what I’m going for! And these Apple Whiskey Chicken Meatballs are one of the appetizers I want to bring this weekend.
A couple weeks ago I was walking down the aisles at Walmart when I saw this Apple Whiskey barbecue sauce from Open Pit. Since it was just $1, into the cart it went.
I decided to make some chicken meatballs and add some shredded apples to the mix. I always keep a bag of apples in our fridge for the kids to snack on. I peeled the skins off and put them in my Ninja food processor. 5 seconds and the apples were ready to be mixed in.
Salt, pepper, garlic, and some shredded parmesan cheese give the meatballs a great flavor along with the apples and the barbecue sauce. You bake them in the oven for about 20 minutes, and then put them in a crock pot with some of the Apple Whiskey barbecue sauce.
Cute tooth picks are not required, but they sure do make meatballs more fun! You could even pick out the ones that match the team colors…if you like to match and all!
With Apple Whiskey Chicken Meatballs this yummy, and 2 parties to scope food at…
I think I am ready for some football!!!
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded apples
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon diced garlic
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup Open Pit Apple Whiskey barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a large sheet pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine all the ingredients except the barbecue sauce in a bowl and mix very well.
- Shape the meat mixture into 24 good sized meatballs. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake the meatballs for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place in a crock pot. Add the barbecue sauce and stir. Keep warm. Refrigerate leftovers
Feel free to use more or less barbecue sauce according to your taste.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 71 Total Fat: 3g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 30mg Sodium: 149mg Carbohydrates: 3g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 1g Protein: 6g
Here are a few other appetizers that would be great for party tables…