Make your next party amazing with this Hot Corn Dip with Cream Cheese. In just minutes you can have a cheesy appetizer ready to enjoy! Loaded with bacon, corn, and melted cheese, it is a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
Have you ever been to a potluck or party and found yourself filling your plate with just appetizers and dips? Ok, maybe that's just me.
Some of my all time favorites to bring to parties are this dark chocolate cheesecake dip with fruit and this chicken queso dip with chips. I also love dips that I can throw together in just minutes like this easy bacon and corn dip.
Every time we make this loaded hot corn dip it disappears in a hurry. It is creamy and cheesy, loaded with corn, and has a sweet yet spicy kick. Grab the bag of chips and let's dig in.
Why You Will Love this Dip
This corn dip with cream cheese is a great party appetizer. You can serve it with any kind of dipper. It is delicious with veggies, crackers, pretzels, or chips.
- Perfect combo of cheesy, creamy, sweet, and spicy.
- Easy to make with just a few ingredients in under 20 minutes.
- Great dip to make for Super Bowl, Cinco de Mayo, or any other parties.
- Make it ahead of time, then bake right before serving.
Serve this hot cream cheese corn dip at your next party. It's loaded with flavor and sure to please a crowd.
A cheesy corn dip can be made with only a few ingredients. Most of these, you might already have in your refrigerator or pantry.
- Cream Cheese - One block of cream cheese gives this dip a creamy base.
- Tomatoes - You can make this dip mild or spicy depending on what type of diced tomato you use.
- Bacon - The smoky flavor of cooked bacon makes everything better.
- Cheese - Cheddar is preferred, but any type of cheese works. For best melting results, buy a block of cheese and shred it yourself.
- Corn - The highlight of this dip! You can use a can of corn, fresh corn on the cob, or a bag of frozen corn.
- Seasonings - A blend of ranch powder, garlic, and chili powder gives this corn dip a great flavor.
How to Make Hot Corn Dip
This warm and cheesy hot corn dip recipe is easy to make and tastes so good. Serve it up with tortilla chips or crackers. It is also great with veggies and pretzels.
- Make the base of the dip. Add a block of cream cheese to an oven ready skillet. Heat and stir until melted and creamy.
- Add the flavor. Stir in garlic, ranch powder, and chili powder to give it some flavor.
- Stir in the veggies and bacon. Add the cooked bacon, drained tomatoes, corn, and some of the shredded cheese to the warm cream cheese mixture.
- Bake and serve. Add more cheese on the top and place the skillet in the oven. Bake until hot and bubbly. Remove and garnish with green onions right before serving.
This cheesy corn dip is best when served warm. So, as soon as the top layer of cheese is melted and gooey get ready to dig in with one of these dipping suggestions.
- Tortilla Chips
- Corn Chips
- Garlic Bread
This hot Mexican corn dip is best served fresh. If you do have any leftovers, place them in an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Reheat the dip in the microwave when you are ready to enjoy it again.
Tips and Tricks
- Freshly shredded cheese melts much better than the pre-shredded cheese. Store-bought cheese has a coating on it that prevents clumping, but that also stops it from melting as well. However, either one will work.
- For a richer, caramelized flavor roast or saute the corn kernels before mixing them into the cheesy dip.
- Try adding finely diced bell peppers to the mixture or use a can of Mexicorn.
- If you want a spicy corn dip, use a can of hot tomatoes instead of mild tomatoes.
- You can also dice some jalapeños and add them to the tomatoes for some extra spice.
- If you are having a long party or event, keep the corn dip with cream cheese warm for hours in a crockpot.
You can prepare the mixture and place in a covered bowl. When it is time to bake, spoon it into a skillet and top it with cheese. It might need to bake 5-10 minutes longer since you are starting with a cold mixture.
You don't need a skillet to make this hot corn dip with cream cheese. You can layer and bake everything in a 9x13 pan.
You can even cook hot corn dip in a crock pot. Simply combine all the ingredients into a slow cooker and cook on low for 1-2 hours or until hot and bubbly.
Looking for more dips? Try this easy buffalo chicken dip, this pizza dip, or spinach artichoke dip.
Snack Food for Parties
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5 star ⭐️ rating and/or a review in the comments section further below.
*The post for loaded hot corn dip was first published February 2016. It was updated and republished February 2023.
Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queen
Um wow. Take me to cheese city now! More cheese the better. And totally food is the only reason I watch the game!
Glad I'm not the only one who just shows up for the food 🙂
Laura @ Laura's Culinary Adventures
I wouldn't mind eating this yummy dip for dinner! I'm envious of your warm Texas weather too!
This looks rather tasty. One question from a Brit though, is Ranch Powder the same as the sachets of powdered ranch sauce mix?
Sorry, that should have been dip not sauce. I have a sachet of "Ranch Style Dip Seasoning Mix". It's one that you mix with sour cream.
Yes, that sounds like the same thing I used. I hope you enjoy the dip!
Karen @ The Food Charlatan
A warm night on the back porch with a pan of hot corn dip?? Sounds like heaven! Love it 🙂
Amy @ Frugale.org
We are planning to make a few of your Dips for Super Bowl Weekend!
I hope you enjoyed the ones you tried!!!!
Ashley @ Wishes & Dishes
I just crossed every other dip off my list for this weekend and I'm making this instead! Wow!
I would keep snacking on this too! It looks amazing! And I'm so jealous of your 75 degree weather! It got up to 61 a couple of times last week and I was outside working in the yard and it felt amazing. But 75 would be better! 🙂
It's an easy dip to just keep munching on! Sounds like you have had some pretty nice weather there too!!!
This is a great Friday night alternative!! My family would love this 🙂
Danae @ Recipe Runner
I've been known to make a dinner just out of eating dip and this hot corn dip totally looks like one I'd make a meal out of! Love that you snuck some bacon and green chiles in there!
I pretty much ate this as dinner...it was delicious!!!
allie @ Through Her Looking Glass
What an amazing dip Jocelyn! Love the corn. So cheesy,creamy and addictive! We would devour that skilletful stat!