Fresh berries and a sweet coconut glaze make these bakery style Coconut Scones a delicious breakfast choice. Easy breakfast pastries are always a great way to start the day.
Add a mug of this Coconut Nutella Latte and your morning will get even better.
I don't know about you, but I always thought homemade scones were extremely hard to make. And I had a few bad experiences with dry scones in the past that kind of hindered me from wanting to make them.
You know the experience I'm talking about, right? Dry and kind of tasteless. That's not exactly how I want to use my calories for the day.
These little blueberry coconut granola bites are one of my favorite healthy snacks, so I decided to use those flavors and make soft flakey scones that melt in your mouth.
Why This Works
- These homemade coconut scones bake up thick and cakey. They are so soft and moist. Just how a scone should be!
- Three kinds of coconut make them a coconut lover's dream breakfast.
- Fresh blueberries add a pop of juicy berry in each scone.
- They are a delicious choice for breakfast or brunch.
How to make perfect scones
Preheat your oven so that when you are ready to slide the pan of scones in the oven, it is ready.
Whisk all your dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the cold butter and cut it in with a pastry blender or fork. It is very important to use cold butter. Another easy trick is to grate frozen butter into the flour mixture and stir it all together.
Place the bowl and ingredients in the refrigerator while you prep the rest of your ingredients. This is just another way to keep your butter cold. Warm butter melts faster and creates a greasier texture in these baked goods.
Add any fruit or extra ingredients to your flour mixture and stir gently. Create a "hole" in the center of the flour and pour in all the wet ingredients. Use a fork to gently pull the dough together.
Place the dough on a baking sheet and press into a circle quickly. I like to bake mine in one big circle and then cut them after they have baked most of the way, but you can also cut the dough now and gently separate the triangles. This will create a crunchy exterior all around while the inside stays soft.
Making Blueberry Coconut Scones
If you make your scones the right way, they are light, flakey, and melt in your mouth.
Heavy cream and fresh berries give these Blueberry Coconut Scones a light texture with pops of juice.
The coconut glaze drizzled on top adds a slight tropical flavor that is out of this world. It's a flavor combination you just have to experience.
These easy bakery style Blueberry Coconut Scones are a delicious treat to enjoy with your morning coffee.
If you are wondering, they are equally as delicious if you enjoy them in the afternoon or late at night though too.
Head over to the blueberry fields and pick lots of blueberries this summer because these soft fluffy scones need to happen over and over again.
How to make Blueberry Scones
- Leave the shredded coconut out of the dough.
- Use vanilla extract instead.
Other Easy Breakfast Recipes
- Make a batch of these Chocolate Chip Pancake Muffins for a quick grab and go breakfast on busy mornings.
- These Nutella Pop Tarts are a fun and easy breakfast treat that everyone loves.
- A slice or two of this light and fluffy Lemon Yogurt Breakfast Cake and a bowl of fruit would be perfect for breakfast or brunch.
- This Blueberry Banana Bread would be a healthy way to start out any morning.
- Make a pan of this Sour Cream Coffee Cake the next time you have house guests.
- A batch of these Blueberry Jelly Donut Holes are a fun and delicious way to start any day.
Do you love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5-star ⭐️ rating and a review in the comments section below.