These Mini Chocolate Chip Pancake Muffins are an easy way to enjoy pancakes for breakfast without all the work of standing over a hot stove. Chocolate chips and honey butter add a delicious sweetness to the pancake muffins.
Make a double batch and freeze some for a quick and delicious breakfast later in the week.
Why We Love Pancake Muffins
We love pancakes, but we don't always have the time to make them. That's why we created these chocolate chip pancake muffins. You can enjoy your favorite breakfast treat without all the hassle of standing over a hot stove flipping pancake after pancake.
Pancake muffins only take minutes to whip up, and they taste amazing. Serve them with your favorite syrup or honey butter.
These delicious little treats will quickly become your new favorite way to serve breakfast because they bake up so quickly. They are also great for lunchboxes or after school snacks.
Change up the flavors by using blueberries, raspberries, or cooked crumbled bacon.
Main Ingredients Needed
These chocolate chip pancake muffins are made with simple pantry ingredients. Enjoy your favorite breakfast treat without a big mess.
- Sugar - A little bit of granulated sugar sweetens the pancakes just a bit.
- Flour - Gives the pancakes structure. Read our tutorial on how to measure flour.
- Oats - Adds a little bit of protein and fiber to the muffins. We usually use quick oats but rolled would work too.
- Baking Powder & Baking Soda - The combination gives these pancakes the rise and lift during baking.
- Eggs - Provides the liquid and binds everything together.
- Buttermilk - Gives the pancakes a richer flavor.
- Butter - Makes them rich and moist. We use unsalted butter, so we can control the amount of salt in recipes.
- Chocolate Chips - The mini chocolate chips work the best because they don't sink to the bottom like the regular ones do.
How to make Chocolate Chip Pancake Muffins
These easy baked pancake muffins are super easy to make. Just mix together the batter, pour into your muffin tin, and bake until golden brown. They are great for grabbing on the go in the morning or the afternoon.
- Spray mini muffin tins with nonstick spray, so the pancakes do not stick.
- Stir together flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs, buttermilk, and melted butter and stir until just combined.
- Gently stir in mini chocolate chips, then spoon into prepared pans.
- Sprinkle extra chocolate chips on top and bake.
- Serve immediately with cinnamon syrup or honey butter.
How to Store
Refrigerator - Store the pancake muffins in a sealed container or bag in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Freezer - You can also freeze a big batch of them on a tray and then place them in freezer safe Ziplock bags or container and freeze for 2-3 months. To serve, reheat a few in the microwave or toaster and breakfast is served.
More pancake recipes
- Banana Pancakes
- Puff Pancakes
- Banana Oat Protein Pancakes
- Funfetti Pancake Mix
- Bisquick Blueberry Pancakes
Other mini breakfast recipes
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please consider leaving a 5 star ⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further below.
*The post for Mini Chocolate Chip Pancake Muffins was first published on October 2, 2015. The photos and post was updated and republished on April 3, 2020.