These Mini Chocolate Chip Pancake Muffins are an easy way to enjoy pancakes for breakfast without all the work of standing over a hot stove. Make a double batch and freeze some for a quick and delicious breakfast later in the week.
Chocolate chips and honey butter add a delicious sweetness to the homemade pancakes.
We just finished the first week of online schooling, and so far it is going good. Our kids are old enough that they set their own alarms, get up, and get logged on without us having to get after them.
Today was the only day I had to wake them up because they turned off their alarms and went back to sleep.
On Fridays they only have a quiz that has to be done in the morning for school. They were both still sound asleep though when I came downstairs, so I had to pull their covers off.
Our kids have never been big on eating breakfast, so we try to keep a few different things in the kitchen for them to grab before classes start. I like to keep bags of these Homemade Banana Waffles and these Loaded Egg Burritos for them to reheat quickly.
Of course, dinner leftovers from the night before are always an option too.
Pancakes are one thing that they all agree on though. I usually make a big batch in the afternoon and freeze them for the week. If chocolate chips are added to the batter, those pancakes do not last very long at all.
A few weeks ago, I was getting ready to make another batch of pancakes, but I ran out of time. Standing and flipping each pancake takes up a good chunk of time, so I usually put it off as long as I can.
I pulled out the mini muffin tins and was able to bake all of the pancake batter at one time. As the mini pancake muffins were baking, I finished some of the other things around the house that I had been putting off.
I may never flip pancakes again. LOL!
These easy baked pancake muffins are great for grabbing on the go in the morning or the afternoon.
How to make Chocolate Chip Pancake Muffins:
- Spray mini muffin tins with nonstick spray.
- Stir together flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Add the eggs, buttermilk, and melted butter and stir until just combined.
- Gently stir in mini chocolate chips, then spoon into prepared pans.
- Sprinkle extra chocolate chips on top and bake.
- Serve immediately with syrup or honey butter.
You can also freeze a big batch of them on a tray and then keep them in Ziplock bags in the freezer. Just reheat a few in the microwave and give them a dunk in some honey butter or syrup and breakfast is served.
More pancake recipes:
Other mini breakfast recipes:
- Sprinkle Nutella Rolls
- Lemon Cheesecake French Toast Roll Ups
- Strawberry Chocolate Chip Rolls
- Easy Cinnamon Sugar Waffles
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also have a Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- ½ cup quick oats
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 - 24 count mini muffin tins with nonstick baking spray.
- Sift together the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Add the eggs, buttermilk, and melted butter and whisk together.
- Stir in ¾ cup mini chocolate chips gently. Spoon into prepared muffin tins. Top with extra chips.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Run a knife around the edges and remove pancakes from tins. Serve immediately with honey butter or syrup.
Freeze the leftover muffins on a wax paper lined tray. Place the frozen muffins in a freezer bag. Reheat 4 at a time for 45-60 seconds.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 54Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 91mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g
*The post for Mini Chocolate Chip Pancake Muffins was first published on October 2, 2015. The photos and post was updated and republished on April 3, 2020.