A pan of these Buffalo Chicken Pizza Rolls are the perfect appetizer to make for weekend snacking or game day parties. These little pizza bites are spicy, cheesy, and so easy to make.
It’s no secret that our family is a big fan of all things buffalo chicken. Over the past few years we have made and enjoyed this Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake countless times.
So many of you have emailed me saying it’s one of your favorite chicken dinners too. I love hearing these rave reviews from all of you. Keep them coming!
This fall I am on a mission to make and create more buffalo chicken recipes because everyone seems to love the spicy flavor in appetizer and dinners.
My family is not sad about this new goal that I have decided to take on. My husband and youngest son have been devouring all the new buffalo chicken recipes I have been trying out.
The other weekend I was chatting with a few friends about this new food goal and what has worked and what has failed. All of a sudden I realized that their husbands were intently listening in too.
One of them wanted to know what was happening with all the buffalo chicken goodness that was apparently happening in our kitchen. He wanted to make sure that nothing was being wasted.
Apparently, if the boys in my house cannot keep up with eating all the buffalo chicken appetizers, he is willing to step up to the plate and eat all the extras. LOL!
Since our family loves pizza and buffalo chicken, I decided to combine those two for the first buffalo chicken appetizer. This is an easy bite sized snack that is perfect for tailgating, weekend lunches, or after school snacks.
I used a smaller version of our Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip and a store bought pizza crust because it kept this recipe simple.
You could also make a batch of this Homemade Pizza Dough if you have time. Two dough balls means two times the buffalo chicken roll ups. Trust me, that is a very good thing.
How to make Buffalo Chicken Pizza Rolls:
- Mix together the softened cream cheese, garlic, diced onion, and cooked chicken.
- Add the wing sauce, ranch dressing, and shredded cheese and mix it together. Feel free to use blue cheese dressing instead if that’s what you prefer.
- Unroll the pizza crust onto a large baking sheet. Spread the buffalo chicken mixture evenly on top leaving a slightly border.
- Roll the dough up from the long side and pinch the seams together. Roll the log over and slice into 12 even slices and place in a greased pan.
- Whisk together an egg and a little bit of water. Use a pastry brush to spread this over the edges of the pizza crust before baking.
- Add your favorite toppings and enjoy warm.
Toppings for Buffalo Chicken Pizza Rolls:
- Wing Sauce or Hot Sauce
- Blue Cheese Crumbles
- Ranch Dressing
- Green Onions
- All the Above
I have to admit that over the years I have come to enjoy blue cheese crumbles on top of a good buffalo chicken dish. It’s definitely an acquired taste, but I now understand the obsession of blue cheese with buffalo sauce.
What is the difference between wing sauce and hot sauce?
Hot sauce is a thin sauce made from peppers and vinegar. The types of peppers used will determine how spicy this sauce is. We like to use Frank’s Red Hot in our buffalo chicken recipes.
Wing sauce is a mixture of the spicy hot sauce and melted butter. The butter adds a creamy texture and tones down the spiciness of the sauce. You can find different varieties at the grocery store.
It’s easy to make your own by mixing together 3 parts hot sauce with two parts melted butter.
Ranch Dressing versus Blue Cheese Dressing:
This is always a hot topic when it comes to buffalo chicken recipes. Honesty, it all depends on your taste buds. Feel free to use whichever dressing is your favorite.
What kind of chicken is best for buffalo chicken recipes?
You can use any type of shredded or chopped chicken for these buffalo chicken pizza bites. Rotisserie chicken or leftovers from a chicken dinner is perfect for this recipe too.
You can also use canned chicken if you are short on time. However, remember to stir it in gently because it is more fragile than diced or shredded rotisserie chicken.
Easy Buffalo Chicken Recipes you may enjoy:
- Buffalo Chicken Totchos
- Buffalo Chicken Pepper Nachos
- Buffalo Chicken Calzones
- Buffalo Chicken Dip Bites
More Game Day Appetizers:
- Chicken Fajita Queso Dip
- Sweet and Spicy Chicken Salad Crescent Bites
- Stuffed Crust Pepperoni Pizza Bites
- Honey Sriracha Barbecue Meatballs
- Turkey Club Pinwheels
- Pizza Monkey Bread
- Loaded Hot Corn Dip
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also have a fun Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce + extra for serving
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 - 13 ounce can refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 2 Tablespoons blue cheese crumbles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick baking spray.
- Mix together the cream cheese, garlic, onion, and chicken. Stir in the 1/4 c. wing sauce and ranch dressing.
- Add the shredded cheese to the chicken mixture and stir until mixed in.
- Unroll the pizza crust. Spread the chicken and cheese mixture evenly on top of the crust, leaving a little border around the edges.
- Roll the crust up from the long side. Cut the roll into 12 even slices and place in prepared dish.
- Whisk together the egg and milk and brush on the sides of the pizza rolls (crust part). Bake 28-30 minutes.
- Drizzle with extra wing sauce and top with blue cheese crumbles. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 202Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 434mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 9g