When it comes to flavor, this Healthy Buffalo Chicken Wrap recipe is out of this world. It has all the buffalo flavors you love but with less carbs and calories than the typical fried chicken wrap.
Everyone in our family loves anything and everything made with buffalo chicken.
The problem with these dishes is that they can be loaded with calories. This healthy buffalo chicken wrap is the perfect solution to enjoy all the great flavors without the extra carbs and calories.
Why Make a Healthy Wrap
You don't have to sacrifice taste for health because this chicken wrap has all the buffalo flavors you crave, but with less carbs and calories. Say goodbye to boring healthy meals and hello to a dinner that's out of this world!
- Quick and Easy - This meal is can be made in less than 20 minutes and is perfect for busy nights. It can be done in less than 10 minutes if you have chicken already cooked up!
- Full of Flavor - If you love the buffalo chicken flavor then this will be your new favorite recipe!
- Lower in Calories - This healthy wrap is lower in calories and fat than your typical buffalo sandwich. The chicken is cooked in a skillet with very little oil and no breading. The tortilla wrap is low in carbs making it perfect for keto or low carb diets.
- Made to Order - Whether you prefer the traditional blue cheese dressing or ranch. This chicken wrap can be made the way you like it.
You will need just a few ingredients to make a healthy buffalo ranch chicken wrap for lunch or dinner.
- Chicken - Diced chicken breasts or tenderloins cooked with salt and pepper is what we like to use. You can also use a rotisserie chicken, crispy chicken strips, or canned chicken instead.
- Buffalo Wing Sauce - You can make your own with hot sauce and melted butter or use your favorite brand. We like Sweet Baby Ray's wing sauce.
- Tortillas - This uses an Extreme Wellness high fiber tortilla wrap but you can use your choice of tortilla. Flour, high fiber, low carb, and gluten free tortillas are great choices.
- Veggies - Lettuce, tomatoes, and onions are what we like to fill our chicken wraps with.
- Cheese - Use shredded cheddar cheese and blue cheese crumbles to give flavor and variety.
- Dressing - Ranch or blue cheese are good choices, depending on what you prefer with your buffalo chicken.
BruCrew Tip - For an even lower carb option use large lettuce leaves to turn them into buffalo chicken lettuce wraps.
How to make Buffalo Chicken Wraps
Tortillas filled with buffalo chicken, cheese, veggies, and dressing make a buffalo wrap a delicious dinner.
- Cook the chicken. Season the raw chicken, then place in a heated skillet with olive oil. Cook until done. Remove and toss it with buffalo sauce.
- Prepare toppings. Chop lettuce, tomatoes, and avocados.
- Assemble wraps. Lay a tortilla flat and add the chicken mixture and the toppings of your choice. Drizzle with ranch or blue cheese dressing.
- Roll carefully. Fold in the sides of the tortilla and tuck as you roll. Secure each side of the buffalo chicken wrap with a toothpick and cut in half.
BruCrew Tip: Heat tortillas in the microwave or a warm skillet, so they are softer and easier to roll up.
When you have buffalo chicken wraps for dinner, fill bowls with different toppings and let everyone customize their chicken wraps with the toppings that they love. Here are some of the ingredients that we like to choose from.
- Greens - romaine, spring mix, or iceberg lettuce
- Veggies - diced tomatoes, red and green onions, celery, shredded carrots, avocado chunks
- Cheese - blue cheese crumbles, shredded cheddar cheese, your favorite sliced cheese
- Dressing - ranch, blue cheese, avocado lime dressing
Tips and Tricks
- Buy prepackaged shredded lettuce to save time on dinner prep.
- Use a rotisserie chicken or canned chicken instead of cooking your own.
- Warm tortillas in a heated skillet, so they are easier to fold and roll.
- Place the filled tortillas on a panini press for 4-5 minutes to get the outside shell nice and crispy.
- Use your favorite sauces for the chicken such as BBQ, honey mustard, or just keep them plain.
Chicken wraps are best eaten the day they are made. If you have leftover ingredients, refrigerate them in individual containers and fill more tortillas when you are ready to eat them.
You could place leftover wraps in an airtight container and refrigerate for 1-2 days, but they may start to get a little soggy.
Make it a Full Meal
A buffalo chicken wrap is delicious and filling on its own for lunch, but adding a few sides and desserts can make it a delicious choice for dinner or picnics.
- Chips, French Fries, Tater Tots - baked or air fried
- Garden Salad - served with your favorite veggies & dressing
- Picnic Potato Salad
- Veggie Salad
- Easy Lemon Bars
- No Bake Strawberry Pie
Not all buffalo chicken is healthy. This recipe is healthier than most because the chicken is not breaded and fried. We also use a low carb wrap. You could also use lower calorie dressings for an even healthier option.
Our healthy buffalo chicken wrap contains 350 calories, 35 grams of protein, 12 grams of fat, and only 6 net carbs.
Yes you can. Find your favorite sauce and use as little or as much as you would like. Ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing also helps to tame the heat of the buffalo sauce.
More Buffalo Recipes
- Pepper Nachos
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Calzone
- Buffalo Chicken Rolls
- Buffalo Shrimp Tacos
- Low Carb Buffalo Pizza
Do you love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5-star ⭐️ rating and a review in the comments section below.
*This post was first published January 2020. It was updated and republished June 2023.