Spice up your dinner with this easy Buffalo Chicken Salad. This delicious and creamy buffalo salad can be made in minutes with just a few ingredients. Plus, it makes amazing sandwiches for parties and potlucks!
We make this chicken and grape salad at least once a month. It's delicious, but I have to admit that eating it all the time can get boring after awhile. I wanted to find a new and exciting way to enjoy chicken salad sandwiches again.
In our house we adore all things buffalo. So, I decided to use our favorite hot sauce in a creamy chicken salad. Best idea of the week!
This buffalo chicken salad has the flavor of buffalo wings and makes a great filling for sandwiches or lettuce wraps.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Our buffalo salad only takes minutes to make, so it is perfect for busy weeknights. The spicy creamy flavor from the dressing and the crunch from the veggies gives it a delicious texture and flavor.
Plus, it has bacon in it! Bacon makes everything better. Am I right?
It's easy to customize based on your preferences. This is the perfect recipe for game day parties, potlucks, or as a simple weeknight meal.
Main Ingredients Needed
The best part about this buffalo chicken salad recipe is that is super easy to follow. You probably have most of the ingredients in your kitchen already.
- Cooked Chicken - Any type of shredded chicken is good.
- Buffalo Sauce - Our favorite is Frank's Red Hot sauce, but you can use any brand you prefer.
- Ranch Dressing - Gives a great flavor to the sauce. You can also use blue cheese dressing if that's your thing with buffalo chicken.
- Sour Cream - Adds a creamy texture to the salad without overpowering the spicy taste.
- Bacon - Use crispy cooked bacon for the best flavor.
- Veggies - Finely diced celery and green onions give it a crunch.
How to make Buffalo Chicken Salad
You will be able to make this buffalo salad in just minutes, so it's perfect for busy weeknights. Plus, it's easy to customize based on your preferences.
- Make the sauce. Stir together the hot sauce, sour cream, and dressing in a small mixing bowl.
- Prep the ingredients. Chop or shred the chicken, dice the onions and celery, and cook the bacon. Stir everything in a large bowl.
- Assemble the chicken salad. Pour the sauce over the chopped ingredients and stir gently.
- Refrigerate until chilled. Place the covered bowl in the fridge and let it chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
How to Serve
No matter how you serve this spicy buffalo chicken salad, it will get devoured in minutes.
- Sandwiches - Try it on sliced bread, pretzel buns, Hawaiian rolls, or wraps.
- Salad - Spoon it onto romaine lettuce or your favorite greens if you are eating low carb or gluten free.
- Dip - Use pretzels, crackers, or celery sticks to eat it with.
Keep leftover buffalo salad in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
I do not recommend freezing this chicken salad because the texture and consistency will change once it thaws out.
- Adjust the amount of hot sauce. If you want it spicier, add more. If you want it mild, add less.
- Substitute plain Greek yogurt in place of the sour cream if you want less calories and fat.
- Love bleu cheese? Top your salad with crumbles for flavor.
- Refrigerate the buffalo salad for at least 30-60 minutes for better flavor.
- If you are meal prepping for the week, divide the buffalo chicken evenly in storage containers and place them the fridge.
Can this chicken salad be made ahead of time?
Absolutely! It really is best to make it ahead of time, so the buffalo flavor can mix and blend together.
What chicken is best to use?
Any type of shredded chicken will work in this recipe. You can use grilled chicken tenderloins, boiled chicken breasts, or even canned chicken. Save time by using a shredded rotisserie chicken from the store.
Do I have to use ranch?
Not at all. You can substitute an equal amount of blue cheese dressing in place of the ranch.
More Buffalo Chicken Recipes
- Buffalo Sliders
- Buffalo Chicken Calzone
- Buffalo Chicken Wrap
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta
- Buffalo Chicken Chips
Do you love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5-star ⭐️ rating and a review in the comments section below.