Looking for the perfect slider recipe? One bite of these Buffalo Chicken Sliders and the search will be over. These shredded chicken sliders are the perfect blend of spicy and cheesy. Get ready to jazz up dinner, parties, or game days with this easy chicken slider recipe.
The Perfect Party Food
Do you love buffalo chicken? We do too, so we created a recipe to enjoy it in a whole new way. These Hawaiian rolls are stuffed with a cheesy, spicy buffalo chicken mixture and baked until the cheese is melted and gooey!
Oh, yeah! This is one of those recipes that our friends always ask us to make!
These Buffalo Chicken Sliders are a delicious way to enjoy your favorite game day food. They are great for parties, tailgates, and family gatherings.
You can even serve them as a main dish or appetizer on busy weeknights. No matter how you eat them, they'll be sure to please everyone.
Why We Love These Sliders
These sliders were inspired by our no bake buffalo chicken dip. We made a variation of that dip and combined it with Hawaiian rolls for an award winning combo!
Most of us don't have time for complicated recipes, so these tasty buffalo sliders are perfect. They're easy to make in minutes with chicken, hot sauce, and shredded cheese.
Once these Buffalo chicken party sandwiches come out of the oven, they will be hot and ready to serve. Just add some celery sticks and dressing on the side and watch them disappear from your table in no time flat.
We guarantee everyone will love this delicious twist on classic buffalo wings!
What is a Slider?
A slider is a small sandwich that can be made with any type of bread or roll. It's typically served on small, 2 inch rolls that are easy to pick up and eat!
Sliders are great for serving at parties. They are small, and you can fit couple different varieties on a plate with other delicious appetizers. This makes them perfect for tailgating or eating while watching the big game.
But word of warning...make extra! Pulled chicken sliders tend to disappear quickly.
These spicy chicken sliders come together quickly with just a few simple ingredients.
- Chicken - We prefer using a shredded rotisserie chicken because it shreds well when warm. You can also use leftover cooked chicken or even canned chicken.
- Ranch Dressing - Some people prefer to use blue cheese dressing on their buffalo sliders. Feel free to use either ranch or blue cheese dressing based on what you like.
- Hot Sauce - Any brand will do, but we love Franks Red Hot Sauce. It is our tried and true sauce for these homemade chicken sliders.
- Cream Cheese - A little bit adds a nice creamy texture to the sandwich filling without overpowering it.
- Shredded Cheese - Cheddar Jack mix is a great blend for these buffalo ranch sliders. You can also use a mix of cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Hawaiian Rolls - If you haven't tried appetizers with Kings Hawaiian rolls then you are missing out. These sweet rolls create an incredible slider.
- Green Onions - Adds some great color and mild onion flavor to the chicken sandwich.
- Butter and Ranch Powder - This is the magical pixie dust that takes these buffalo chicken sliders to a whole new level!
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Sliders
You won't believe how quick and easy it is to make this Buffalo chicken slider recipe. Mix together the sauce and chicken, spread it on dinner rolls with cheese, and bake. It doesn't get much easier than that.
Step One: Buffalo Chicken
- Combine warm shredded chicken, green onions, and a little bit shredded cheese in a mixing bowl.
- Mix together the ranch dressing, hot sauce, and softened cream cheese in a small bowl.
- Stir it into the chicken mixture.
Step Two: Assemble Rolls
- Slice Hawaiian rolls horizontally and place the bottoms in a greased or buttered 9x13 baking dish.
- Spoon the spicy chicken mixture evenly on the rolls in the pan.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese evenly on the sandwiches.
- Place the other buns on top.
Step Three: Bake
- Stir together melted butter and ranch powder and generously brush it on top of the rolls.
- Cover with foil and bake until melted and gooey.
- Serve the hot buffalo chicken Hawaiian roll sliders with a side of dressing for dipping.
BRUCREW TIP: If you love blue cheese with your buffalo chicken, stir ⅓ cup of bleu cheese crumbles into the chicken mixture before adding the sauce.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many sliders per person?
Well that all depends on how fast you can grab them! LOL! This recipe makes 15 sliders. Most people will eat 2-3 chicken ranch sliders each.
What to serve with shredded buffalo chicken sliders?
Typical sides could include your favorite chips and veggie tray. Carrot and celery sticks with a side of blue cheese dressing is what you will find served with most buffalo chicken wings. This would pair well with these sliders too.
Can I make these ahead of time?
Yes. These buffalo chicken dip sliders can be prepared ahead of time. Simply prepare the sandwiches and refrigerate until ready to bake. Make sure you do not pour the butter mixture on the sandwiches until right before you bake them, or the bread will get too soggy.
These sandwiches bake best if the chicken is warm. Remove them from the fridge about 30 minutes before baking or increase the baking time by 5-10 minutes.
How do I store leftovers?
What leftovers? LOL! If you do happen to have some left over, simply cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Microwave them for 1 minute or until warm.
More Buffalo Chicken Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta
- Buffalo Shrimp Tacos
- Best Buffalo Chicken Wrap
- Buffalo Chicken Tots
- Buffalo Wing Chips
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza Rolls
- Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower Pizza
Do you love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5-star ⭐️ rating and a review in the comments section below.