This Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Bake is an easy and delicious dinner for those busy week nights. You can have a hot dinner that everyone will enjoy in under 40 minutes.
Pasta has always been my all time favorite meal choice. For years it has been my go to choice when we go out to eat.
Lately though I have become braver and have started to order different things when we eat out.
I’m finding new healthy things that I enjoy eating, so I have been incorporating them into things like these Parmesan Garlic Shrimp Zucchini Noodles and these Chicken Caprese Cauliflower Nachos. But pasta will always hold that number one spot in my life.
Years ago our kids had a pinewood car race to attend that was a few hours away from our house. We got up early and headed to the race knowing that we would have to leave as soon as the race was over to get back in time for an afternoon soccer game.
It made for a very busy Saturday. That meant that a pit stop for lunch on the go was inevitable.
We stopped in one of the towns on the way home where we could get Subway for us and McDonald’s for the kiddos. One of the benefits to having an older teenager is that he can escort the younger ones to McDonald’s, while we go to Subway for a healthy (ok, somewhat healthy) sandwich.
Killing two birds with one stone so we could get back on the road again. Gotta love that!
My husband and I split the chicken bacon ranch sandwich. As we were driving and eating, I could stop thinking about how those flavors would make an awesome pasta dinner.
Since starting to add dinner recipes like this Chicken Supreme Pasta Bake and this Cheddar Bacon Macaroni and Cheese to the blog, I have started to think about those meals a little more than dessert. It’s kind of scary!
Don’t worry too much though because I still have way more dessert ideas than dinner ones!
On my next shopping trip, I loaded our cart with all the ingredients to make this crazy, good chicken bacon ranch casserole. My cart looked so different from my usual shopping trips.
I am used to seeing it loaded with cookies, chocolate chips, and cake mix. Who am I now? LOL!
This easy and cheesy pasta dinner can be on your dinner table in under 40 minutes.
How to make Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Bake:
Cook the pasta while you chop the veggies and meat. You can also prep all of this the night before and keep them in separate ziplock bags or containers in your refrigerator.
If you cook the pasta ahead of time, be sure to toss it with a little bit of olive oil, so it doesn’t stick together.
Sauté the peppers, onions, and oil in a large skillet. Once the veggies are slightly softened, add the meats and other veggies. Cover it and set aside.
In another pot heat your milk and cheese until melted and creamy, then stir in the ranch, cooked pasta, and sautéed veggies. If you are in a hurry for dinner, you can top it with the cheese in the skillet and just cover it with the lid until it melts.
But if you have an extra 20 minutes, pour the cheesy mixture into a pan, top it with more cheese, and bake. Give it few extra minutes under the broiler to brown the cheese on top, if you like.
Serve this Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Bake to your family and watch them devour it. Best feeling ever!!!
More easy pasta recipes you may like:
These Cheddar Broccoli Chicken Lasagna Rolls are filled with a cheesy meat and veggie filling and then covered in more cheese. Easy comfort food!
Adding your favorite dip to this Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake creates a delicious meal everyone will love. Great pasta dish that can be on the dinner table in 30 minutes.
A creamy cheese filling makes these Sausage Alfredo Stuffed Shells a delicious and easy pasta dinner that can be on the table in 30 minutes.
This easy Meat Lover’s Pizza Skillet Ravioli is loaded with meat and cheese. Awesome meal for busy school nights!
Cheese tortellini, salty bacon, and crispy pan-fried Brussels sprouts are smothered in mozzarella cheese to create this Cheese Tortellini Skillet Meal.
Connect more with Inside BruCrew Life!
Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag your photos with #brucrewlifebaking, so I can see all the Inside BruCrew Life recipes you are making.
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green peppers
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 - 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups cubed, cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped, cooked bacon
- 1 cup chopped spinach leaves
- 1 - 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella or pepper jack cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8x8 or 10x10 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions for al dente pasta. Drain and pour back into saucepan. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil and toss. Cover and set aside.
- Saute the onions and peppers in 1 Tablespoon oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, tomatoes, chicken, bacon, and spinach to the pan. Saute until the spinach leaves start to wilt. Cover and set aside.
- Heat the milk and 2 cups mozzarella or pepper jack cheese in a saucepan until the cheese melts and becomes creamy.
- Stir in the ranch, noodles, and chicken mixture until everything is coated.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Top with the remaining mozzarella or pepper jack cheese and cheddar cheese. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Broil an additional 2-3 minutes to brown the cheese, if desired. Keep a close eye on it while broiling. Serve hot.
*This dish has a slightly spicy taste to it if you use pepper jack cheese.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 614Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 121mgSodium: 1029mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 3gSugar: 11gProtein: 37g