Marshmallow ears and candy eyes make this Chocolate Coconut Bunny Cupcakes recipe an adorable treat to serve at Easter dinner.
One of the running jokes in our house around Easter is all about the chocolate bunnies in the store. I swear the chocolate bunnies in my Easter basket as a child were at least 2 feet tall and were made of solid milk chocolate.
Trust me, we were still gnawing on that chocolate bunny in July!!
But my husband says that over the years my mind has forgotten what size those bunnies really were. He also says there is no way that a 2 foot bunny would be solid because it would have cost a small fortune.
Whatever! I know what I remember!! LOL!
I am also still majorly obsessed with using candy eyes. You had to know a fun googly-eyed bunny was bound to happen this year, right?
How to make Chocolate Bunny Cupcakes
- Use a bunny cookie cutter to cut ears out of the flat marshmallows.
- Cut a hole in the bottom of each ear and press a short lollipop stick in it.
- Spread a thin layer of corn syrup in the middle of each ear.
- Sprinkle with pink sanding sugar.
- Press the ears into coconut cupcakes.
- Press eyes and a candy nose in the front of the cupcake.
- Pipe whiskers on with black gel frosting.
- Die over how cute these are!!!
Of course, if you really want, you could serve the cupcakes with the coconut frosting.
Or you could add a few robin egg candies to the top.
But why would you serve plain naked cupcakes when you can make marshmallow ears and have a bunny on these chocolate coconut cupcakes?
You have to make these because they are SO stinking adorable!
I seriously can’t wait to make more cute Chocolate Coconut Bunny Cupcakes for Easter!!!
More fun and easy Easter desserts:
- Easter Dirt Cupcakes
- No Bake Easter Nest Cookies
- Robin Egg Fudge
- Party Peeps Eclair Cake Cups
- Homemade Peanut Butter Easter Bunnies
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also have a Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
For the Cupcakes
- 1 - 15.25 ounce chocolate cake mix
- 1 - 3.9 ounce box instant chocolate pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
For the Frosting
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 - 7 ounce jar marshmallow cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons whipping cream
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
For the Bunny tops
- 48 Stacker Mallows
- short lollipop sticks
- 48 candy eyes
- 24 pink pearl candies
- black gel frosting
- corn syrup
- pink sanding sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place 24 cupcake liners in muffin tins.
- Combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, and oil in a mixing bowl. Beat on low for 1 minute, then beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Divide the batter evenly into the liners. Bake for 20-22 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Beat the butter, marshmallow cream, vanilla, and salt until creamy. Slowly add the powdered sugar until it is all mixed in.
- Add the whipping cream and beat for 2-3 minutes until light and creamy.
- Spread the frosting on the cupcakes and dip each frosted cupcake in the shredded coconut.
- Use a bunny cookie cutter to cut 48 ears out of the flat marshmallows.
- Use a knife to cut a small hole in the bottom of the marshmallow and stick a lollipop stick into the hole. (Make sure your sticks will be short enough to stick into a cupcake.)
- Spread a thin layer of corn syrup on the inside of each ear and sprinkle with pink sanding sugar.
- Add 2 ears to each cupcake. Press 2 eyes and a pink candy into the front of the cupcake. Use the black gel to make whiskers, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 478Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 284mgCarbohydrates: 80gFiber: 1gSugar: 55gProtein: 3g