Spread some Disney cheer by making a batch of Edible Cookie Dough with mini Oreos on top for dessert. Lots of colorful sprinkles and heat treated flour make this edible cookie dough recipe a fun and safe treat for everyone.
One of our favorite things to do whenever we are in Orlando is to stop at Disney Springs. It is so fun to walk around the shops and to buy all the Disney Springs desserts. These Marshmallow Firecracker Pops were inspired by marshmallow pops I saw there.
Of course, the Cookie Dough and Everything Sweet food truck is now one of my new favorite places to stop because I have a big sweet tooth. I love that they add chocolate cookies and bows on top of the cookie dough treats to make them look like Mickey and Minnie Mouse treats.
Of course, with all the craziness going on, we haven’t been there since the beginning of the year. Disney Springs opened back up a few weeks ago, but we still have not had a chance to get there yet.
I have been dreaming about this funfetti cookie dough ever since I had it. Since I have quite a few cookie dough recipes already here on the blog, I knew I had to make a copycat version of the Celebration Cookie Dough found at Disney Springs.
Copycat Disney recipes are becoming some of my favorite things to do since we cannot go to the Parks just yet.
What is Celebration Cookie Dough?
Celebration Cookie Dough is a vanilla sugar cookie dough filled with lots of rainbow sprinkles. It is one of the flavors that you can find from the cookie dough truck at Disney Springs.
This easy eggless cookie dough can be made in 5 minutes, so it’s the perfect treat when cookie dough cravings hits.
How to make Celebration Cookie Dough:
- Beat softened butter, sugar, and vanilla until light and creamy.
- Add flour, salt, and milk and beat again until a soft dough forms.
- Stir in lots of rainbow sprinkles gently.
- Serve for dessert and watch it disappear.
Pro Tip: Make this dairy free by using your favorite non-dairy milk and vegan butter substitute.
How long does edible cookie dough last?
It will last up to a week if you keep it refrigerated in a tightly sealed container. You can also scoop it into balls and freeze the dough balls for 2-3 months.
Is raw cookie dough safe to eat?
As long as your cookie dough is made without eggs and with heat treated flour, it is completely safe to eat. So go ahead and indulge in a few cookie dough bites.
How to heat treat flour:
- Buy – You can buy bags of heat treated flour to use in no bake desserts.
- Oven – Spread the flour on a baking sheet. Heat at 350 degrees for 5 minutes. Cool before using.
- Microwave – Place raw flour in a bowl in the microwave and heat for 1 minute 15 seconds, stirring after 15 second intervals.
How do you serve cookie dough?
There is no wrong way to eat cookie dough. In fact, my favorite is straight from the mixing bowl. Here are few fun ways to serve this easy DIY Disney treat.
- Spoons and cups
- Ice cream cones
- Waffle cones or bowls
- Dessert taco shells
- Frosting for cupcakes
- Filling for cookies
You can also change up the mix-ins to create fun new flavors. Try adding chocolate chips, M&M’s, marshmallows, cookies, candy bars, mint chips, coconut, nuts, or toffee bits.
More copycat Disney recipes:
Other cookie dough recipes you may like:
- Butterfinger Cookie Dough Truffles
- Funfetti Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- No Bake Cookie Dough S’mores
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Truffles
- Caramel Pretzel Cookie Dough Bites
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour (heat treated)
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 4 Tablespoons sprinkles (jimmies)
- 8 mini Oreos
- Beat the butter, sugar, and vanilla until creamy.
- Add the salt, flour, and milk and mix again until a soft dough forms.
- Stir the sprinkles in gently.
- Serve in little cups with mini Oreos.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 656Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 366mgCarbohydrates: 89gFiber: 2gSugar: 49gProtein: 6g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.