Bring a little magic into your home with these M&M's Mickey Mouse Rice Krispie Treats. You only need a few ingredients and a Mickey Mouse cookie cutter to make this easy Disney copycat recipe.
Do you know some adults that seem to love Disney more than their kids? I have to admit that I'm one of those people who absolutely loves going to the Parks.
Not everyone can head to the Parks at this time, so I am on a mission to recreate some of my favorite Disney snacks for all of us to enjoy at home.
Making your own Disney treats like this copycat Dole Whip is a great way to enjoy a little bit of Mickey Mouse fun with your family. Although, I have to admit our kids have been looking at me a little funny as I made these easy Disney treats.
That sure didn't stop them from enjoying all of the Mickey shaped rice krispie treats topped with mini M&M's though.
I couldn't believe how fast all the rice krispie treats and scraps disappeared!!!
Now I realized that nothing beats eating the real thing in front of the castle at Disney World. But this copycat version of the Disney snack looked and tasted just like the ones I have purchased at Main Street Confectionery in Disney World and at Goofy's Candy Company in Disney Springs.
All you need to make this classic Disney parks treat are a few ingredients, a Mickey shaped cutter, and 30 minutes.
- Butter - salted or unsalted will work just fine
- Miniature Marshmallows
- Rice Krispies cereal
- White Chocolate Melts
- Mini M&M's
- Mickey Mouse cookie cutter
How to Make
Making Disney's Mickey shaped rice krispie treats are actually quite easy. I just used our basic recipe to make one of the easiest Disney snacks at home.
- Melt the butter in a large sauce pan over low-medium heat. (full recipe at bottom of post)
- Add the bag of marshmallows and stir until melted and creamy.
- Pour in the rice krispie cereal and stir until completely coated.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased 9x13 pan. Use parchment paper to press it down gently, but firmly. Let cool 15-20 minutes.
- Spray a Mickey Mouse cookie cutter with nonstick spray and cut out 6 large treats. Set on parchment to cool completely.
BRUCREW TIP: Roll the scraps into 18 balls or press it into the cookie cutter to make more treats.
How to Decorate
Adding chocolate drizzles and candy to a rice krispie treat are sure to make any Disney fan smile.
- Melt the white chocolate melts according to the package directions.
- Dip the tops of the cooled treats in the melted chocolate.
- Place on parchment paper with the chocolate side facing up. Cover the chocolate with the mini M&M's, press them in, and let set.
- Reheat the remaining chocolate in the bowl for 10-15 seconds. Spoon some of it into a plastic baggie and cut one tip off.
- Drizzle over the tops of the M&M's Rice Krispie treats and let set again.
- To make these Mickey treats look just like the ones at the Disney Parks, use a knife to cut a slit in the bottom center of each Mickey treat. Add melted white chocolate to the end of a popsicle stick and insert into the slit. Let set before picking up.
How do you keep Rice Krispie Treats soft?
- Use more marshmallows in your treats than what box calls for.
- Be sure to use fresh marshmallows. Old, stale marshmallows will result in harder treats.
- Make sure you are melting the butter and marshmallows over low heat.
- Do not over stir the melted marshmallows.
How do you cut Rice Krispie Treats with a cookie cutter?
- Let the cereal treats cool for about 15-20 minutes. You want the bottom of the pan to be cool, but the treats should not be set up completely.
- Spray the inside of the cookie cutter with nonstick baking spray.
- Press firmly into the Krispie treats and gently wiggle.
- Lift up slowly pulling the edges of the treats away from the cookie cutter.
- Push the cereal treats out of the cookie cutter and place on parchment paper.
How long do Mickey Mouse Rice Krispie Treats keep?
If you keep them covered in a container or bag, they will keep for about 5 days. Although, we have never had them last more than a day or two in our house.
Other Disney Inspired Treats
More Rice Krispie Treats
- White Chocolate Reese's Krispie Hearts
- 4th of July Rice Krispie Treats
- Football Rice Krispie Treats
- Strawberry Rice Krispie Treat Hearts
- Peppermint Rice Krispies Pinwheels
- M&M Rice Krispie Treats
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please consider leaving a 5 star ⭐️ rating and/or a review in the comments section further below.