Bring a little magic into your home with these Mickey Mouse Rice Krispie Treats. You only need a few ingredients and a Mickey Mouse cookie cutter to make this easy Disney copycat recipe.
Do you know some adults who seem to love Disney more than their kids? I have to admit that I'm one of those people who absolutely loves going to the Parks.
Not everyone can head to the Parks at this time, so I am on a mission to recreate some of my favorite Disney snacks for all of us to enjoy at home.
Why Make Mickey Mouse Treats
Now I realize that nothing beats eating the real thing in front of the castle at Disney World, but this copycat version of the Mickey shaped rice krispie treats is perfect when you can't visit.
They look and taste just like the ones you can purchase at Main Street Confectionery in Disney World and at Goofy's Candy Company in Disney Springs. Plus, you can use the same method to make these Disney bunny butt rice krispies for Easter! You gotta love a hidden Mickey treat!
All you need to make this classic Disney park treat are a few simple ingredients, a Mickey-shaped cutter, and 30 minutes.
- Butter - salted or unsalted will work just fine
- Miniature Marshmallows
- Rice Krispies Cereal
- White Chocolate Melting Wafers
- Mini M&M's
How to Make Mickey Rice Krispie Treats
Making Disney's Mickey rice krispie treats are actually quite easy. I used our basic recipe to make one of the easiest Disney snacks at home.
- Melt the butter in a large sauce pan over low-medium heat.
- Add the bag of marshmallows and stir until melted and creamy.
- Pour in the rice krispie cereal and stir until completely coated.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased 9x13 pan. Use parchment paper to press it down gently but firmly. Let cool for 15-20 minutes.
- Spray a Mickey Mouse cookie cutter with nonstick spray and cut out six large treats. Set on parchment to cool completely.
BRUCREW TIP: Roll the scraps into 18 balls or press them into the cookie cutter to make more treats.
How to Decorate Mickey Treats
Adding chocolate and candy to a rice krispie treat will surely make any Disney fan smile.
- Melt the white chocolate melts according to the package directions.
- Dip the tops of the cooled treats in the melted chocolate.
- Place on parchment paper with the chocolate side facing up. Cover the chocolate with the mini M&M's, press them in, and let set.
- Reheat the remaining chocolate in the bowl for 10-15 seconds. Spoon some of it into a plastic baggie and cut one tip off.
- Drizzle over the tops of the M&M's rice Krispie treats and let set again.
- To make these Mickey treats look just like the ones at the Disney Parks, use a knife to cut a slit in the bottom center of each Mickey treat. Add melted white chocolate to the end of a popsicle stick and insert it into the slit. Let set before picking up.
Use fresh marshmallows because old stale marshmallows will result in hard treats.
Let the cereal treats cool for 15-20 minutes. The bottom of the pan will be cool, but the treats should not be set up completely. Spray the inside of the cookie cutter with nonstick baking spray, then press firmly into the treats and gently wiggle. Push out gently onto parchment paper.
If you keep the treats in a tightly covered container or bag, they can be kept for about five days. Although, we have never had them last more than a day or two in our house.
Other Disney Inspired Treats
- Easy Dole Whip Popsicles
- Marshmallow Firecracker Pops
- Edible Cookie Dough Recipe
- Mickey Mouse Cake Pops
- Num Num Cookies
- Buffalo Chips
Do you love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5-star ⭐️ rating and a review in the comments section below.
**We participate in the Amazon Services LLC Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com .