Bring a little magic into your home with these M&M’s Mickey Mouse Rice Krispie Treats. You only need a few ingredients and a Mickey Mouse cookie cutter to make this easy Disney copycat recipe.
Do you know some adults that seem to love Disney more than their kids? I have to admit that I’m one of those people who absolutely loves going to the Parks.
With the parks shut down right now, I’m definitely missing all the Disney treats. So, I am on a mission to recreate some of my favorite Disney snacks for all of us to enjoy at home.
Making your own Disney treats like this copycat Dole Whip is a great way to enjoy a little bit of Mickey Mouse fun with your family. Although, I have to admit our kids have been looking at me a little funny as I made these easy Disney treats.
That sure didn’t stop them from enjoying all of the Mickey shaped rice krispie treats topped with mini M&M’s though.
I couldn’t believe how fast all the rice krispie treats and scraps disappeared!!!
Now I realized that nothing beats eating the real thing in front of the castle at Disney World. But this copycat version of the Disney snack looked and tasted just like the ones I have purchased at Main Street Confectionery in Disney World and at Goofy’s Candy Company in Disney Springs.
All you need to make this classic Disney parks treat are a few ingredients, a Mickey shaped cutter, and 30 minutes.
Disney Rice Krispie Treats ingredients:
- Butter – salted or unsalted will work just fine
- Miniature Marshmallows
- Rice Krispies cereal
- White Chocolate Melts
- Mini M&M’s
- Mickey Mouse cookie cutter
Over the years I have made so many different flavors of Rice Krispie treats. Using a basic recipe though makes these one of the easiest Disney snacks to make at home.
How to make Disney’s Mickey shaped Rice Krispie Treats:
- Melt the butter in a large sauce pan over low-medium heat. (full recipe at bottom of post)
- Add the bag of marshmallows and stir until melted and creamy.
- Pour in the cereal and stir until completely coated.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased 9×13 pan. Use parchment paper to press it down gently, but firmly. Let cool 15-20 minutes.
- Spray a Mickey Mouse cookie cutter with nonstick spray and cut out 6 large treats. Set on parchment to cool completely.
PRO TIP: Roll the scraps into 18 balls or press it into the cookie cutter to make more treats.
Adding chocolate drizzles and candy are sure to make any Disney fan smile.
How to decorate M&M’s Mickey Mouse Rice Krispie Treats:
- Melt the white chocolate melts according to the package directions.
- Dip the tops of the cooled treats in the melted chocolate.
- Place on parchment paper with the chocolate side facing up. Cover the chocolate with the mini M&M’s, press them in, and let set.
- Reheat the remaining chocolate in the bowl for 10-15 seconds. Spoon some of it into a plastic baggie and cut one tip off.
- Drizzle over the tops of the M&M’s Rice Krispie treats and let set again.
To make these Mickey treats look just like the ones at the Disney Parks, use a knife to cut a slit in the bottom center of each Mickey treat. Add melted white chocolate to the end of a popsicle stick and insert into the slit. Let set before picking up.
How do you keep Rice Krispie Treats soft?
- Use more marshmallows in your treats than what box calls for.
- Be sure to use fresh marshmallows. Old, stale marshmallows will result in harder treats.
- Make sure you are melting the butter and marshmallows over low heat.
- Do not over stir the melted marshmallows.
How do you cut Rice Krispie Treats with a cookie cutter?
- Let the cereal treats cool for about 15-20 minutes. You want the bottom of the pan to be cool, but the treats should not be set up completely.
- Spray the inside of the cookie cutter with nonstick baking spray.
- Press firmly into the Krispie treats and gently wiggle.
- Lift up slowly pulling the edges of the treats away from the cookie cutter.
- Push the cereal treats out of the cookie cutter and place on parchment paper.
How long do Mickey Mouse Rice Krispie Treats keep?
If you keep them covered in a container or bag, they will keep for about 5 days. Although, we have never had them last more than a day or two in our house.
Other Disney inspired treats:
More Rice Krispie treat shapes you may like:
- White Chocolate Reese’s Krispie Hearts
- 4th of July Rice Krispie Treats
- Football Rice Krispie Treats
- Strawberry Rice Krispie Treat Hearts
- Peppermint Rice Krispies Pinwheels
Connect more with Inside BruCrew Life!
Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag your photos with #brucrewlifebaking, so I can see all the Inside BruCrew Life recipes you are making.
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 16 ounce bag miniature marshmallows
- 8 1/4 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 10 ounce bag white chocolate melts (1 1/2 cups)
- 10 ounce bag mini M&M's
- Spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick baking spray. Set aside.
- Melt butter in large sauce pan over low-medium heat. Add marshmallows and stir until melted and creamy.
- Pour in cereal. Stir until completely coated. Dump the cereal mixture into prepared pan.
- Press gently, but firmly using a sheet of parchment paper. You can use your hands too but you will need to spray them with nonstick spray to keep the cereal from sticking to you.
- Let the treats sit for 15-20 minutes, or until just barely warm.
- Spray a mickey mouse cookie cutter with nonstick spray and cut out 6 large mickey mouse treats. Set on parchment paper and let cool completely.
- Melt white chocolate melts according to package directions. Dip the tops of the treats in the melted chocolate.
- Place on parchment paper with chocolate side facing up. Add mini M&M's to the top and let set. Repeat with remaining treats.
- Reheat leftover white chocolate in bowl for 10-15 seconds. Spoon into plastic baggie and cut one corner off. Drizzle chocolate over the tops of the treats and let set.
- Use a knife to cut a slit in the bottoms of the treats. Dip a popsicle stick in white chocolate and insert into the treat, if desired.
- Roll remaining cereal scraps into 18 small rice krispie treat balls and serve that way. Or press the mixture into the cookie cutter to make 4-6 more Mickey treats.
- If you make more Mickey treats, you will need another bag of white chocolate melts and mini M&M's.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 391Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 155mgCarbohydrates: 64gFiber: 0gSugar: 40gProtein: 4g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.