A mug of this Frozen Salted Caramel Mocha Hot Chocolate is the ultimate treat to enjoy on a hot summer day! This sweet copycat recipe is easier and better than any coffee shop version.
Hello, chocolate goodness! Frozen hot chocolate has become one of our new favorite drinks when it is blazing hot outside. 90 plus degrees keeps us reaching for more cold drinks!
A few weeks ago my daughter and I went through the drive-thru at Dunkin’ Donuts for an iced coffee. She saw the frozen hot chocolate poster on the window and decided to try that instead of the coffee.
One sip and she was instantly a fan of that sweet frozen drink. I think she has asked every single time we have gone out if we can stop and buy another one.
Instead of driving to the store and spending money all the time, I decided to show our girlie how easy it is to make a copycat frozen hot chocolate in our own kitchen.
So you may be wondering why is it called frozen hot chocolate. It is because this sweet frozen treat is made with a packet of hot chocolate and ice.
And when you make it at home, you can customize the flavors in your mug. I made two different versions. A plain chocolate one for my daughter and a fun jazzed up version for me. This Salted Caramel Mocha Latte was the inspiration for my drink.
Leftover coffee, some Salted Caramel Mocha Creamer, and an extra salted caramel hot chocolate packet made the most amazing drink. Regular hot chocolate mix works just as well.
Holy cow!! Was it ever good!!! It was like a milkshake, slushie, and frosty all in one with a sweet and salty flavor! The only thing that would make it better would be having a batch of Salted Caramel Brownie Cookies to accompany this amazing drink.
How to make a Frozen Salted Caramel Mocha Hot Chocolate:
- Pour cooled coffee, creamer, and hot chocolate packet to a blender. (full recipe at bottom of post)
- Add ice and pulse until thick and creamy.
- Pour into glasses and add toppings!
Tips about this frozen hot chocolate recipe:
- Make sure your coffee is cooled completely before you add it to everything.
- Mix the coffee, creamer, and hot chocolate mix together before adding the ice.
- Don’t want the coffee in your drink? Use milk instead.
- Start with 1 cup of ice and pulse the mixture. Add more ice if you need to thicken it.
- Add Cool Whip, syrups, and mini marshmallows to make the drink look extra fancy.
- Sit and relax in the shade with a big mug of chocolate goodness!
- Repeat each day!
I see many more frozen hot chocolates in our future this summer!
More delicious drinks you may like:
- Salted Caramel Coffee Floats
- Raspberry Orange Slushies
- Nutella Hot Chocolate
- Strawberry Limeade Slushies
- S’mores Latte
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee, cooled
- 1/4 cup salted caramel mocha coffee creamer
- 1 packet salted caramel hot chocolate mix
- 1-2 cups ice (depends on the size of your cubes)
- Cool Whip
- 1 teaspoon chocolate syrup
- 1 teaspoon caramel syrup
- 1 teaspoon mini marshmallow bits
- pinch of coarse ground sea salt
- Place the coffee, creamer, and hot chocolate mix in a blender. Pulse until mixed together.
- Add 1 cup of ice and pulse until creamy and thick. Add more ice if needed to get the right consistency.
- Pour into a glass and top with Cool Whip, syrups, mini marshmallows, and sea salt. Serve immediately.
- Use your favorite creamer and hot chocolate flavor to add your own flair to this drink.
- You can also use half and half, almond milk, oat milk, or regular milk in place of the creamer. It will be a little less creamy though.
- Don't like coffee? Use milk in place of it.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 328Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 492mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 1gSugar: 54gProtein: 4g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
*The post for Frozen Salted Caramel Mocha Hot Chocolate was first published on June 17, 2016. The post was updated and republished May 22, 2020.