A mug of this Frozen Hot Chocolate is the ultimate treat to enjoy on a hot summer day! This sweet copycat recipe is easier and better than any coffee shop version. Use a salted caramel hot chocolate and coffee to give it a fun flavor.
Why we love this Homemade Frozen Hot Chocolate
Hello, chocolate goodness! Frozen hot chocolate has become one of our new favorite summer drinks when it is blazing hot outside. A few weeks ago my daughter and I went to Dunkin’ Donuts for an iced coffee. She saw the frozen hot chocolate poster on the window and decided to try that instead.
One sip and she was instantly a fan of that sweet frozen drink. Instead of driving to the store and spending money all the time, I decided to show our girl how easy it is to make a copycat frozen hot chocolate at home.
You can also customize the flavors when you make it in your own kitchen. I made a plain frozen hot chocolate for my daughter and a fun jazzed up version for me. This Salted Caramel Mocha was the inspiration for my drink.
Leftover coffee, some Salted Caramel Coffee Creamer, and a salted caramel hot chocolate packet made this the most amazing drink. It was so good. Kind of like a milkshake, slushie, and frosty all in one with a sweet and salty flavor!
What is Frozen Hot Chocolate?
A frozen hot chocolate is an icy drink that is made with powdered hot chocolate and ice to give it the flavor and texture.
A frozen mocha hot chocolate has coffee added to it.
What You’ll Need
- Coffee – cooled before using
- Coffee Creamer – adds flavor and a creaminess
- Hot Chocolate – one packet per drink or one scoop from a canister
- Ice – makes the hot chocolate drink icy and delicious
- Toppings – Cool Whip, salted caramel topping, chocolate syrup, mini marshmallows, sea salt
How to make Salted Caramel Mocha Frozen Hot Chocolate
This frozen hot chocolate is seriously so easy to mix up. Open the salted caramel hot chocolate packet and dump everything into a blender. Pulse, pour, and enjoy!!!
- Pour cooled coffee, salted caramel creamer, and hot chocolate packet into a blender.
- Add ice cubes and pulse until thick and creamy.
- Pour into a glass and add toppings!
- Make sure your coffee is cooled completely before you add it to everything.
- Mix the coffee, creamer, and hot chocolate mix together before adding the ice.
- Don’t want the coffee in your drink? Use milk instead.
- Start with 1 cup of ice and pulse the mixture. Add more ice if you need to thicken it.
- Add Cool Whip, syrups, and mini marshmallows to make the drink look extra fancy. Or use this Homemade Whipped Cream recipe instead.
- Sit and relax in the shade with a big mug of chocolate goodness!
- Repeat each day!
More Drink Recipes
- Coffee Float
- Raspberry Slush
- Nutella Hot Chocolate recipe
- Strawberry Limeade
- S’mores Latte
- Strawberry Cheesecake Milkshake
- Iced Matcha Green Tea Latte Starbucks
- Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew
- Pineapple Punch
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
- 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee, cooled
- 1/4 cup salted caramel mocha coffee creamer
- 1 packet salted caramel hot chocolate mix
- 1-2 cups ice (depends on the size of your cubes)
- Cool Whip
- 1 teaspoon chocolate syrup
- 1 teaspoon caramel syrup
- 1 teaspoon mini marshmallow bits
- pinch of coarse ground sea salt
- Place the coffee, creamer, and hot chocolate mix in a blender. Pulse until mixed together.
- Add 1 cup of ice and pulse until creamy and thick. Add more ice if needed to get the right consistency.
- Pour into a glass and top with Cool Whip, syrups, mini marshmallows, and sea salt. Serve immediately.
- Use your favorite creamer and hot chocolate flavor to add your own flair to this drink.
- You can also use half and half, almond milk, oat milk, or regular milk in place of the creamer. It will be a little less creamy though.
- Don't like coffee? Use milk in place of it.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 328Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 492mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 1gSugar: 54gProtein: 4g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
*The post for Frozen Salted Caramel Mocha Hot Chocolate was first published on June 17, 2016. The post was updated and republished May 22, 2020.