A mug of this Frozen Hot Chocolate Recipe is the ultimate treat to enjoy on a hot summer day! This sweet Dunkin copycat is easier and better than any coffee shop version. Use a salted caramel hot chocolate and coffee to give it a fun flavor.
Hello, chocolate goodness! Frozen hot chocolate has become one of our new favorite summer drinks when it is blazing hot outside.
A few weeks ago my daughter and I went to Dunkin' Donuts for an iced coffee. She saw the frozen hot chocolate poster on the window and decided to try that instead.
One sip and she was instantly a fan of that sweet frozen drink. Instead of driving to the store and spending money all the time, I decided to show our girl how easy it is to make a copycat frozen hot chocolate at home.
Why This Works
You can also customize the flavors when you make it in your own kitchen. I made a plain frozen hot chocolate for my daughter and a fun jazzed up version for me. This salted caramel mocha was the inspiration for my drink.
Leftover coffee, some salted caramel coffee creamer, and a salted caramel hot chocolate packet made this the most amazing drink. It was so good.
Imagine a milkshake, slushie, and frosty all in one glass with a sweet and salty flavor!
What is frozen hot chocolate?
A frozen hot chocolate is an icy drink that is made with powdered hot chocolate and ice to give it the flavor and texture.
A frozen mocha hot chocolate has coffee added to it.
- Coffee - cooled before using
- Coffee Creamer - adds flavor and a creaminess
- Hot Chocolate - one packet per drink or one scoop from a canister
- Ice - makes the hot chocolate drink icy and delicious
- Toppings - Cool Whip, salted caramel topping, chocolate syrup, mini marshmallows, sea salt
How to Make
This frozen hot chocolate is seriously so easy to mix up. Open the salted caramel hot chocolate packet and dump everything into a blender. Pulse, pour, and enjoy!!!
- Pour cooled coffee, salted caramel creamer, and hot chocolate packet into a blender.
- Add ice cubes and pulse until thick and creamy.
- Pour into a glass and add toppings!
Tips and Tricks
- Make sure your coffee is cooled completely before you add it to everything.
- Mix the coffee, creamer, and hot chocolate mix together before adding the ice.
- Don't want the coffee in your drink? Use milk instead.
- Start with 1 cup of ice and pulse the mixture. Add more ice if you need to thicken it.
- Add Cool Whip, syrups, and mini marshmallows to make the drink look extra fancy. Or use this homemade whipped cream recipe instead.
- Sit and relax in the shade with a big mug of chocolate goodness!
- Repeat each day!
More Drink Recipes
- Coffee Float
- Raspberry Slush
- Nutella Hot Chocolate recipe
- Strawberry Limeade
- S'mores Latte
- Strawberry Cheesecake Milkshake
- Iced Matcha Green Tea Latte Starbucks
- Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew
- Pineapple Punch
Do you love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5-star ⭐️ rating and a review in the comments section below.
*The post for Frozen Salted Caramel Mocha Hot Chocolate was first published on June 17, 2016. The post was updated and republished May 22, 2020.