These easy Lemon Mousse Fruit Parfaits are a fun no bake dessert that are perfect for summer cookouts and barbecues.
Summer officially starts this week. Our kids only have 2 more half days of school, and then it is game on summer.
Of course, living in Florida, summer comes to us usually by April. It has been hot and sunny here for a while now. Thankfully, it hasn’t been that humid. Yet, anyway…
When it gets hot and extra humid outside, I really do not want to turn my oven on. Easy no bake desserts are the perfect thing for those hot summer days.
Every summer I usually make a light fruit salad using a combination of Cool Whip and lemon yogurt mixed with fresh berries.
When I found the can of lemon pie filling in my pantry, I started thinking how easy it would be to substitute the lemon pie filling for the yogurt.
I couldn’t wait to go shopping at the grocery store to look for a fun twist to my fruit salad. I knew that I wanted to create a fruit parfait that was simple to put together, pretty to look at, and delicious to eat.
As soon as I saw the cream-filled cloud cakes, I knew that those would be the perfect compliment to the pie filling in these no bake parfaits.
If you can’t find those cakes, try a different snack cake. There are so many different kinds of snack cakes that would work in these easy fruit parfaits.
- Oatmeal creme pies were amazing in this Oatmeal Creme Pie Berry Trifle.
- For a chocolate version, see how I used Swiss cake rolls in this No Bake Cherry Swiss Rolls Cake.
Strawberries and blueberries were a given for these easy no bake desserts. I cannot keep those two fruits in our house. There are little fruit monsters that like to steal all the berries when I’m not looking.
Plus, those two fruits make the prettiest patriotic treats because of the red and blue colors. The extra swirl of Cool Whip gives it the perfect red, white, and blue color scheme for holiday parties or picnics.
This time I made sure everyone in our house knew that the berries were off limits until I made the fun parfaits. Our kids were so excited when I finally made the parfaits because that meant the extra fruit was fair game.
How to make Lemon Cream Fruit Parfaits:
- Cut the snack cakes into small bite sized pieces, and dice the strawberries.
- Gently mix together the lemon pie filling and Cool Whip in a bowl.
- Layer the snack cakes, lemon cream filling, and fresh fruit in mason jars. If you are taking these fruit parfaits to a party, make sure to leave enough room at the top, so you can put the lids on.
- Add the swirl of Cool Whip and extra berries, right before serving.
Other easy no bake desserts recipes you may like:
No Bake White Chocolate Cheesecake Parfaits – layers of cookies and fruit make these the perfect dessert to share at summer parties and picnics.
Apple Snickers Cheesecake Trifle – crunchy apples, creamy cheesecake, and candy bars make this an impressive no bake dessert.
Lemon Cream Fruit Dip – this easy two ingredient is perfect for dipping all the fruit and cookies in.
Black Forest No Bake Cheesecake – an Oreo crust holds chocolate cheesecake and cherry pie filling, and it tastes amazing!
No Bake Banana Split Oreo Dessert – your favorite ice cream toppings and a cookie crust makes this no bake dessert so good.
Peach Pie Cheesecake Parfaits – pie filling, no bake cheesecake, and cake in a jar is an easy dessert for any party.
Connect more with Inside BruCrew Life!
Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag your photos with #brucrewlifebaking, so I can see all the Inside BruCrew Life recipes you are making.
- 1 - 21 ounce can Lucky Leaf lemon pie filling
- 1 - 8 ounce container Cool Whip, thawed and divided
- 10 cream filled sponge cakes
- 1 1/4 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 1/4 cups blueberries
- Place the pie filling in a large bowl. Fold in 2 cups Cool Whip and stir gently until mixed in.
- For each parfait, cut 2 sponge cakes and layer them in jars with strawberries, blueberries and lemon mousse.
- Top with extra Cool Whip and fruit if desired. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 449Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 24gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 74mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 2gSugar: 25gProtein: 3g
*This recipe was sponsored by Lucky Leaf and created using product that were sent to Inside BruCrew Life. All opinions expressed are 100% my own.
**The recipe and post for Lemon Mousse Fruit Parfaits was originally published on June 23, 2013. It has been updated and republished on May 22, 2019.