Coconut, pineapple, raisins, and carrots make this Loaded Carrot Cake the best Easter dessert! Add a pan of this easy cake to your holiday plans!
One of my all time favorite cakes is a carrot cake loaded with all the good stuff! Give me a soft, moist cake filled with lots of coconut, carrots, pineapple, raisins, and spices. And of course, it has to be topped with a creamy cream cheese frosting with more coconut. I understand that not everyone agrees with me on all of that. That’s ok. We can agree to disagree on this cake.
The coconut on it probably puts some of you off. This time of year just brings out all the coconut desserts! I mean almost every magazine at the stores has a cake or cookie with coconut all over it, right? And I’m totally cool with it because I puffy heart love coconut anything! If you are like me, you need to check out this awesome chocolate coconut cake. It’s to die for!
Now I know some of you are probably thinking, “Didn’t you just make and share this carrot bundt cake?” Yeah, right now I am totally on a carrot kick. But today’s cake is totally different.
A can of drained pineapple keeps this cake from being dried out, and it gives it a tropical flair along with all that coconut. I’m also a big fan of raisins. That’s another ingredient that can turn people off. I get it.
The great thing about this cake is that you can customize it because we all have different tastes. Don’t like coconut? Leave it out or replace it with diced nuts. Don’t like raisins? Leave those out too. Just make sure you keep the carrots and pineapple, otherwise the cake will be bland and dried out. Plus, then you can’t call it loaded carrot cake, can you?
The last thing that this cake needs to have on it is the fluffy cream cheese frosting. Make sure you save the pineapple juice when you make the cake batter because it is perfect for thinning out this frosting just a bit.
After the cake cools, smother it in the frosting and add more coconut because it makes the cake so pretty. Or nuts if that’s the way you roll. Then plate it up and dive in! It’s the perfect dessert to share for Easter dinners!
Looking for more ways to add more carrots to your diet? Check out this Carrot Cake Cheesecake Cake because it is a stunning dessert! I also love the look of this Easy Carrot Cake Pound Cake. And a big slice of this Carrot Loaf Cake to go along with a cup of coffee sounds perfect!!!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
For the Cake
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 - 8 ounce can crushed pineapple
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup shredded coconut
For the Frosting
- 1 - 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons pineapple juice
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut
- carrot candies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick spray.
- Beat the butter and sugars until creamy.
- Drain the pineapple very well, saving the juice for later. Add the pineapple, eggs, and vanilla to the butter and beat again.
- Stir together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Slowly add it to the wet mixture until mixed in.
- Add the carrots, coconut, and raisins and stir gently. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 28-32 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs on it. Remove and let cool.
- Beat the cream cheese and salt until creamy. Add the pineapple juice and beat again.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar until it is all mixed in. Beat on high speed for 1-2 minutes longer.
- Spread over the cooled cake and top with the shredded coconut. Add the toasted coconut for some color.
- Cut into 24 squares and add a carrot candy to each piece. Store in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- Wilton Recipe Right Non-Stick 9 x 13-Inch Oblong Cake Pan, Multipack of 2
- Bakers Joy Cake Pan Spray 2 Pack
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 297 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 35mg Sodium: 237mg Carbohydrates: 50g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 37g Protein: 3g