I have something super duper yummy for you today. Do you like coconut? I sure hope so, because these Oreo Coconut Gooey Cake Bars are all about the white stuff!
And if you don’t, just send your piece on over…I have a serious coconut addiction going on over here.
The gooey butter cake has been around for quite a while, but can you believe that I have never tried one. As in, never eaten one or made one.
That all changed earlier this week.
I baked one before the kitchen was demolished and then…it happened. One just jumped right into my mouth while I was taking pictures.
And the unthinkable…a second just might have joined the first. I like to call it research instead of cheating on my diet. The extra mile I had to run was totally worth it that day!
Can you blame me? Look how scrumptious those bars look. After all they had Oreo cookies and coconut all baked into them. I just couldn’t resist two of my favorite flavors all in one yummy bar.
First I added Oreo cookie chunks to the cake dough. Yum!!!
Then it got even better with a topping of coconut and condensed milk.
Is it bad that I wanted to eat it by the spoonfuls???
And then my fav M&M’s in easter colors got sprinkled on top!
Don’t ask where the leftover ones are…I have no idea!
These bars had to leave my house right away! I’m pretty sure I would have cheated on the diet again…and again…and probably again!!!
And I don’t think my legs would appreciate all the running they would have to do to work it all off.
I double dog dare you to make these Oreo Coconut Gooey Cake Bars this weekend! For research that is…
- 1 white cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Oreo cookie chunks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 - 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup coconut M&M’s
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cake mix, butter, vanilla and egg until a soft dough forms.
- Stir in the cookie chunks by hand. Press the dough into the prepared pan.
- Combine coconut and condensed milk in a bowl. Spread evenly on top of the cake dough.
- Sprinkle the top with the M&M’s. Bake for 28-30 minutes.
- Loosen the edges of the cake from the pan with a knife, when it comes out of the oven. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cut into 24 bars. Store in a sealed container at room temperature for 4-5 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 230Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 145mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 23gProtein: 3g