These cereal bars are a delicious twist on the classic rice krispie treats. Cinnamon Toast Crunch Bars are easy to make in minutes with just 3 ingredients. Kids of all ages will love these sweet and gooey no bake treats.
Lately, I have been seeing bottles of cinnamon toast crunch cinnadust popping up in stores. So far, I have resisted the urge to buy it. Although, I really think it would be amazing on some buttered popcorn or white chocolate covered popcorn...
Every time I see that cinnamon sugar, it makes me crave cinnamon toast crunch. So, I finally broke down and bought a box.
Since everyone in our family loves this cereal too, I decided to make a pan of no bake cereal treats. These treats are sweet, crunchy, gooey, and down right delicious! Trust me, they didn't last long in our house!
Why You Will Love These Treats
These gooey crunchy cereal bars are a fun way to make rice krispie treats with a different cereal. You are going to love how easy it is to make this three ingredient dessert.
Loaded with cinnamon sugar goodness and pockets of gooey marshmallows, your whole family is go crazy for these homemade treats. Why buy stale store bought bars when you can make your own. Am I right?
In less than 15 minutes you can have a pan of gooey cinnamon toast crunch bars sitting on your counter. And the best part is that these bars are no bake, so there is no need to turn on the oven and heat up the kitchen.
Ingredients You Need
All you need are three simple ingredients to make this easy no bake dessert. Use your favorite cereal to make different variations of this recipe.
- Butter - Unsalted or salted is perfectly fine to use in this recipe, so use whatever you have on hand at the moment.
- Marshmallows - These are the glue that hold the bars together. I prefer to use mini marshmallows because they melt a little faster, and I like to add extra marshmallows to the mixture for more gooey pockets.
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal - You will need one 12 ounce box of cereal.
How to Make Cinnamon Toast Crunch Bars
These easy cinnamon toast crunch marshmallow treats come together in minutes. It's as simple as melt, stir, and press. Waiting for everything to cool before digging in is the hardest part of this entire recipe.
- Prep your pan. Spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick cooking spray or wipe softened butter on it.
- Melt the butter and marshmallows together. Place the butter and mini marshmallows in a large pan over low heat. Stir until melted and smooth, then remove from the heat.
- Gently stir in the cereal. Do this very gently, so you do not break the cereal.
- Add more marshmallows. Once the cereal is coated, add 1 more cup of mini marshmallows and stir gently.
- Press it into the pan. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and gently press down. Use buttered hands or a piece of wax paper to do this.
- Cool and serve. Let the cinnamon toast crunch cereal bars cool completely before cutting into squares.
Keep the cinnamon toast crunch treats in an air tight container on the counter for 4-5 days. They really do stay soft for days. Place a piece of parchment paper in between layers, so they do not stick together.
You can also wrap the marshmallow treats tightly in plastic wrap and place them in a freezer safe bag. The treats can be frozen for 1-2 months. Thaw at room temperature before serving.
Tips and Tricks
- Butter your pan to keep your treats from sticking to the bottom. You can also line the pan with parchment paper or foil, so you can lift them out easily.
- Make sure you are using fresh ingredients. The old stale marshmallows in your pantry will not result in yummy bars.
- Add a splash of vanilla extract to the melted marshmallows to give the bars an extra delicious flavor.
- Press the cereal mixture firmly, yet gently into the pan. Pressing too hard can make your treats hard and crunchy.
- Want thicker marshmallow cereal treats? Press the mixture into an 8x8 pan and cut into 12 squares.
Why are my treats hard?
Using old ingredients and pressing the mixture extra hard in the pan can affect how the treats turn out. Also, if you melt the marshmallows and butter over high heat, it can result in harder bars.
Can you make cereal treats in the microwave?
You sure can. Heat the butter and marshmallows in a large microwave safe bowl for 60 seconds. Stir, then heat for 15-30 seconds if needed. Add the cereal and stir until coated, then press in a pan.
Can you use other cereals in this recipe?
Go ahead and use any cereal that you love in this no bake recipe. Some of our favorites are Golden Grahams, Lucky Charms, Cap'n Crunch, and Froot Loops.
More Treats with Cereal
- Reese's Rice Krispie Treats
- OMG Clusters
- Mickey Mouse Rice Krispie Treats
- S'mores Popcorn
- Strawberry Muddy Buddies
- Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5 star ⭐️ rating and/or a review in the comments section further below.