This creamy Strawberry Smoothie Bowl is made with just three ingredients and a blender. It is such a fun way to change up your breakfast routine. Try adding your favorite toppings to customize each bowl.
Looking for more healthy breakfast choices? Try these strawberry yogurt parfaits or these banana oatmeal protein pancakes.
I have officially jumped on the smoothie bowl bandwagon! Over the past few years I have seen so many smoothies being served in bowls, and I couldn't understand the hype! It didn't make much sense to me.
The other day we had some extra frozen fruit, so I decided to give smoothie bowls a try. Holy cow! Why did I wait so long?!?
One bite of the creamy smoothie with the crunchy toppings, and I totally understand what makes smoothie bowls so awesome. It's all about the toppings and textures.
Smoothies are great because they are easy and healthy, but there are times when I just want to chew on something. I'm totally hooked on toppings and strawberry smoothie bowls right now.
Why This Works
- Easy to make with just a few ingredients.
- Great way to "drink" a smoothie and still chew something.
- Refreshing and sweet flavor from the frozen strawberries.
- Delicious way to change up a smoothie.
- Toppings make it fun and delicious!
You can make this strawberry coconut smoothie with just three main ingredients.
- Milk - To give this smoothie a little bit of tropical flair and also to make it dairy free, use coconut milk. You can also use regular milk or almond milk.
- Frozen Strawberries -I usually keep a few bags of different fruits in the freezer, so making smoothies is easy. Look for bags of frozen strawberry slices because they blend up a little easier. Most stores carry them right next to the whole berries.
- Protein Powder - A scoop of vanilla protein powder ensures I will stay fuller longer. Protein also gives you a little more endurance to finish physical activities.
How To Make
All you need to make this strawberry bowl is a blender and your ingredients. Pulse, pour, top, and devour! It's that easy.
I did cut my strawberries into hearts because February is heart-healthy month, but regular slices are just fine too. Make sure you take time to have regular check ups with your doctor, start eating healthier, and exercising each day. Small changes like this can make a big difference in your heart care.
- Add the milk, frozen berries, and protein powder to a blender. Pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a bowl.
- Add your choice of toppings.
Figuring out toppings for this strawberry coconut smoothie bowl is so fun. I just went into our pantry and found all the things that sounded good with strawberries.
- Granola - we love making this honey nut granola and this chocolate grain free granola.
- Nuts - pecans, almonds, walnuts
- Shredded Coconut Flakes - use unsweetened to limit the sugar
- Fresh Fruit - strawberries, raspberries, blueberries
- Chocolate - mini chocolate chips, cacao nibs
Tips and Variations
- Add a frozen banana for a creamier texture.
- Use a high speed blender with short bursts to chop the frozen fruit into bits.
- Scrape the sides of the blender with a spatula often.
- Want a sweeter smoothie? Add a little bit of honey or your favorite sweetener to the smoothie.
- Thicken the smoothie by adding chia seeds.
- Drizzle 1-2 tablespoons of melted peanut butter on top to give it a delicious peanut butter and jelly flavor.
What is a smoothie bowl?
Basically it is a smoothie served in a bowl with toppings arranged on top. Smoothie bowls generally have a thicker consistency. This is so you can eat it with a spoon, and so it can hold the toppings.
How do you thicken a smoothie bowl?
You can add a few different ingredients to the mixture to make thick smoothie bowls. Ice cubes, Greek yogurt, oats, frozen bananas, frozen avocados, or frozen cauliflower are all great choices.
Do you need to use frozen fruit for smoothies and bowls?
For the best texture, you really should use frozen fruit.
- Mint Fruit Smoothie
- Pineapple Protein Smoothie
- Cherry Banana Smoothie
- Triple Berry Smoothie
- Frozen Yogurt Fruit Bowl
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
We would love and appreciate if you would leave a 5 star ⭐️ rating in the recipe card below.
*The post for strawberry smoothie bowl was first published February 2016. The post was updated and republished January 2022.
Yum! Can't wait to try this for breakfast.
This looks amazing!! I live for a good smoothie bowl!!
Delicious and healthy. Wonderful!
Love this idea! The added granola and fruit and things on top really fill you up I'm sure too!
Yes, the toppings add a fun crunch and flavor...and fill you up more than the plain smoothie!!!
Allison - Celebrating Sweets
I still haven't tried smoothie bowls yet, and now you have me wondering what I'm waiting for. Looks delish!
Don't wait any longer! The smoothie bowl trend is a keeper!!!
I love smoothies and never thought to make one in a bowl. This is the perfect breakfast.
It is a welcome change to the normal smoothie. Definitely try it!!!