These Healthy Banana Oatmeal Pancakes are easy to make in the blender with just a few ingredients and are full of protein. Fresh fruit and easy flourless pancakes are a delicious and healthy way to start any day.
Did you know that you could make healthy pancakes from just two eggs and a ripe banana?
My mind was blown on this one. My husband saw these two ingredient pancakes on Facebook, and of course, we had to try it out right away with the ripe bananas on our counter. I have to admit I was extremely skeptical about this easy breakfast recipe.
Seriously, pancakes from just that? But you know what? I was proved wrong because they really do look and taste like pancakes. Well, pancakes might be stretching the name slightly. Banana crepes is a little more like it.
What I do know is that these flourless pancakes are delicious and healthy for you. The banana give a little bit of sweetness and texture to the eggs.
The first time we made them with just the banana and eggs. They were the perfect breakfast with a little drizzle of honey on top.
The next time I made these easy blender pancakes I added some vanilla protein powder and rolled oats in with the eggs. The rolled oats give it a slightly thicker texture. Plus, it makes it easier to flip the pancakes when the first side is done cooking.
Eggs and protein powder give these healthy pancakes a double shot of protein for your muscles. Protein is important to better muscle recovery after working out. It also helps your hair and nails grow better.
How to make Healthy Banana Oatmeal Pancakes:
- Add the eggs, banana, cinnamon, oats, and protein powder to the blender.
- Pulse until combined.
- Drop by 1/4 cup onto a hot, greased skillet. Cook each side until lightly browned.
- Serve with your favorite topping.
Love chocolate? You have to try these Healthy Chocolate Banana Oatmeal Pancakes with some fresh strawberries on top! They are seriously so good!!!
Healthy flourless pancakes are completely delicious on their own, but I’m all for adding some toppings for a fun breakfast. Here are other toppings that are great on banana pancakes.
- Fresh Fruit – bananas, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries
- Honey Blueberry Sauce
- Pure Maple Syrup
- Peanut Butter or Nut Butters
- Mini Chocolate Chips
More healthy banana recipes you may like:
- Skinny Mini Banana Bread
- Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies
- Cherry Banana Smoothies
- Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream
- Blueberry Banana Bread
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 4 large eggs
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup protein powder (plain or vanilla)
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse. (you can also just use a bowl and a fork to whisk it, but it will chunkier)
- Drop 1/4 cup batter onto a hot, greased skillet and gently spread out to about 4 inches. Cook on each side until lightly brown on each side. Makes 8-10 pancakes.
- Top the pancakes with fresh fruit and a drizzle of honey, if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 77Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 33mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
(original photo from February 2014)
*The post for Healthy (Skinny) Banana Oatmeal Pancakes was first published on February 25, 2014. The photos and post were updated and republished on May 15, 2020.