These soft Triple Chip Chocolate Pumpkin Cookies will become one of your new favorite treats this fall. Make sure you enjoy a warm pumpkin cookie because the melty chocolate is amazing.
Every fall I look forward to pumpkin season. I’m a big fan of the orange veggie, so I like to add it to all the things. Yup, even dinner.
This Pumpkin Potato Corn Chowder is seriously so good. It’s delicious and comforting on a cold fall night.
But I think my absolute favorite thing to make are these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies. Seriously, they are the best homemade pumpkin cookie you will ever eat.
Well, they were the best. Until I made these chocolate pumpkin cookies with three kinds of chocolate chips!!!
They jumped right into my number one spot for pumpkin cookies! Especially after I ate one that was warm and gooey. Oh, my word! They are divine!!!
How to make Triple Chip Chocolate Pumpkin Cookies:
- Mix together the sugar and oil until it looks like wet sand.
- Add the pumpkin puree, egg, and vanilla and mix again.
- Stir together the dry ingredients and slowly beat it into the wet ingredients.
- Pour in the chocolate chips and stir gently.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet and bake.
Recipe Tips for Chocolate Pumpkin Cookies:
- Make sure you use pumpkin puree instead of pumpkin pie mix. The pie mix has added sugar and spices. So make sure your can says puree for
- For extra rich and dark cookies like these, use dark cocoa powder. Regular cocoa powder is fine too, but your cookies will be lighter.
- Use a mixture of white and chocolate chips for a delicious and pretty cookie.
- The pumpkin cookies will be soft when they come out of the oven. Let them rest on the hot cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes before gently removing them and placing them on wax or parchment paper.
- Press extra chocolate chips into the tops of the hot cookies once you have them on the parchment paper. Extra chocolate is always a good idea, plus it makes the tops of the cookies so pretty.
- Store the cooled cookies in a tightly sealed container.
- Heat a cookie in the microwave for 8-10 seconds to enjoy a warm fresh from the oven taste.
How long will chocolate pumpkin cookies last?
One day once you taste how amazing they are. If you can resist eating all of them in one day, they will keep for a few days in a tightly sealed container. If you need to keep them long, freeze them.
Can you freeze pumpkin cookies?
Yes you can. Almost all baked cookies freeze well. Make sure the cookies are completely cooled, then place them in a single layer on a cookie sheet not touching and freeze until solid. Place the frozen cookies inside a freezer safe container or freezer bag between layers of parchment paper.
When thawing the frozen cookies, remove them from the packaging and place them on a paper towel lined plate. Let them sit at room temperature until thawed. This keeps condensation from forming and making the cookies soggy.
More recipes to make with pumpkin puree:
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Cheesecake Bites
- Homemade Pumpkin Butter
- Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake
- Easy Pumpkin Crunch Cobbler
- Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Nutella Muffins
- More PUMPKIN recipes
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also have a fun Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup white chips
- 2/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a sheet pan with a Silpat or parchment paper.
- Beat the sugar and oil until it looks like sand. Add the pumpkin, egg, and vanilla and mix again.
- Stir together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, spice, and salt. Slowly mix into the wet ingredients until combined.
- Mix together the three kinds of chips. Reserve 3-4 Tablespoons. Stir the rest of the chips into the batter.
- Drop the cookie batter by spoonfuls onto the cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies rest on the hot pan for 2-3 minutes. Gently remove and place on wax or parchment paper on the counter.
- Press a few of the reserved chocolate chips into the tops of the hot cookies. Let cool completly before storing in a tightly sealed container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 116Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 133mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 2g