This Funfetti Bundt Cake is the perfect treat for any occasion. It's easy to make and will bring a smile to everyone's face. Extra rainbow sprinkles make this funfetti cake recipe bright and colorful.
Bundt cakes are one of my absolute favorite cakes to make. Mostly because they are super easy and because they have a fun shape. I've made quite a few over the years, but this chocolate caramel bundt cake and this pina colada bundt cake are two of my all time favorites.
My love for bright colors inspired another bundt cake that has quickly become one of my new favorite recipes to make for any party. I mean who can resist the rainbow sprinkles in this fun cake?
Don't want to make an entire cake? Try out this single serve vanilla mug cake. You can add any kind of sprinkles to it and make it look like this funfetti cake!
Why This Recipe Works
- Easy to make! This funfetti bundt cake starts with a box cake mix that gets doctored up with a few extra ingredients.
- Lots of sprinkles! There are plenty of rainbow sprinkles inside and on top of this colorful cake.
- It travels well. The cake is solid and doesn't move around much, so it is the perfect choice for parties and potlucks.
- Perfect for birthdays or any occasion. You can change up the sprinkle colors to match any theme or event.
What You Need
This funfetti bundt cake is perfect for beginners. With just a few ingredients and minimal effort, you will have a delicious cake that everyone will love.
- Vanilla Cake Mix - Using a white cake mix is just easy and saves a little time. You can also use a funfetti cake mix if you don't want to buy more sprinkles.
- Instant Pudding Mix - I love using a white chocolate pudding mix, but a vanilla pudding mix would also be great.
- Liquids - Eggs, oil, and milk add moisture to the cake batter.
- Sour Cream - It adds more moisture to the cake without thinning the batter. The end result is more like a funfetti pound cake. You can also use plain Greek yogurt.
- Sprinkles - The best sprinkles to use in baked goods are jimmies because they won't melt and bleed as much as other ones.
- Glaze - Powdered sugar and milk makes an easy glaze that can be drizzled on the finished cake.
How to make a Funfetti Bundt Cake
Not only is this funfetti bundt cake recipe easy to follow, but it's also a lot of fun to make. The bundt cake is sure to please everyone with its colorful sprinkles and sweet flavor.
- Prep the pan. Spray the 12 cup bundt pan with nonstick baking spray. This is important because you do not want the cake to stick later.
- Make the cake batter. Add the dry ingredients, eggs, oil, sour cream, and milk to a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until combined.
- Add the sprinkles. Gently stir the jimmies into the cake batter.
- Bake and cool. Pour the funfetti cake batter into the prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean. Let the funfetti cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then flip and cool completely.
- Decorate and serve. Whisk together the confectioners sugar and milk. Drizzle over the top of the cooled cake and top with more sprinkles before it sets. Cut into slices and enjoy!
Keep the glazed sprinkle cake in a loosely sealed container at room temperature for 3-4 days. It can also be refrigerated in an airtight container for 5-6 days.
You can also freeze the whole cake or slices of cake. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap then place in a freezer-safe bag or container and freeze for 1 month. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator, then set out on the counter 30 minutes before serving.
- If you want to give it more of a cake batter flavor, add ½ teaspoon vanilla extract and ½ teaspoon almond extract to the batter.
- Love chocolate? Reduce the amount of sprinkles and add ½ cup mini chocolate chips to the batter before baking.
- There are quite a few different kinds of sprinkles. For best results in baking, you want to use jimmies. These rod-shaped sprinkles hold up well when mixed into dough and when baked into cakes and cookies.
- You can change the sprinkle colors for other events and parties. Use blue & pink for baby showers. Red, white, & blue for 4th of July. Red & green for Christmas.
- Want to add more white chocolate to the cake? Skip the glaze and drizzle the top with melted white chocolate.
- To make this a birthday bundt cake, spread a creamy vanilla frosting on the sides and add candles and sprinkles.
- Serve slices of bundt cake with vanilla ice cream or homemade strawberry ice cream.
Can I use a different pudding mix?
You sure can. If you can't find the white chocolate, go ahead and use an instant vanilla pudding mix. It may give the cake a little more of a yellow color, but it will still be delicious.
What are the best sprinkles for baking?
You want to look for rainbow or chocolate sprinkles. They are also known as jimmies. The longer shaped chocolate or confetti sprinkles hold up well to heat.
How do you get the perfect cake slice?
Use a sharp knife and clean it well after each slice. I like to run the knife under hot running water, then dry it off really good before making any cuts.
More Bundt Cake Recipes
- Coconut Bundt Cake
- Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake
- Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake
- Chocolate Zucchini Bundt Cake
- Carrot Bundt Cake
- Caramel Apple Bundt Cake
Do you love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5-star ⭐️ rating and a review in the comments section below.
*The post for White Chocolate Funfetti Bundt Cake was first published September 2013. The post and pictures were updated and republished March 2022.