This easy Berry Pizza is pretty and delicious. A chewy sugar cookie crust, cream cheese frosting, and your favorite berries add a delicious flavor to this fruit pizza recipe. It's the perfect summer treat!
* I am partnering with Dixie Crystals to bring you this berry pizza recipe.
One of our favorite traditions is making or buying pizza for Friday movie nights. I decided to get creative this week and make a berry pizza for dessert too.
This is such a fun dessert to make because it looks just like a regular pizza. And it's a great way to eat more fresh fruit.
Why You Should Make This Recipe
This bright and colorful fruit pizza is the perfect recipe for summer because you can customize it with whatever berries are in season.
The sugar cookie crust is soft and chewy, and the cream cheese frosting with berries adds such a delicious and fresh flavor. You won't be able to resist another slice of this easy berry pizza.
- Easy to make and bake in minutes.
- Fun to decorate with fresh fruit and berries.
- Easy to customize with different toppings.
- So much flavor in every single slice.
- Red and blue berries make it the perfect 4th of July dessert.
Serve this berry pizza at your next party or picnic and watch it disappear in no time. Everyone will love the sweet and fruity flavors in this cookie dessert.
With just a few simple ingredients, you can make this easy fruit pizza in your own kitchen. Top it with your favorite fruit for a fresh and colorful treat.
- Crust - A homemade sugar cookie dough is baked on a pizza pan to give you a base for your toppings.
- Sauce - A sweet cream cheese frosting is the "sauce" for the cookie pizza. This marshmallow buttercream is another option, if you do not like cream cheese.
- Toppings - A mix of fresh berries adds color and flavor. Use whatever you like to design the top of the dessert pizza. We love the color combination of blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries.
How to Make Berry Pizza
You will love how easy it is to make this berry pizza recipe. The dough comes together in minutes. While the cookie is baking and cooling, you can prepare the frosting.
Prep the pan and oven. Preheat the oven to 350°. Spray a 12 ½ inch rimmed pizza pan with cooking spray and line it with a parchment paper circle. (You can also use a 14" pan if that's what you have.)
Make cookie dough. Beat the softened butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and creamy. Add the egg and extracts and mix again. Slowly beat in the dry ingredients until a soft dough forms.
Bake and cool. Press the dough into an 11-inch circle on the prepared pizza pan. Bake until golden brown. Remove and let the cookie cool completely.
Frost the cookie pizza. Mix together the cream cheese frosting ingredients until it is smooth and creamy. Spread evenly with an angled spatula all over the top of the cookie crust.
Decorate and serve. Use your favorite berries or sliced fruit to create a fun pattern. Cut into slices and dig in.
See the Full Recipe
I am sharing the ingredients and full instructions for this berry pizza recipe on Dixie Crystals site.
This berry pizza is the freshest if you can serve it the day you make it. Cover any leftover pizza with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
If you want to make this recipe ahead of time, make the cookie and wrap it unfrosted for 2-3 days. You can also make the frosting and place it in a covered container in the refrigerator until right before serving the pizza cookie.
Tips and Tricks
- Place a parchment paper circle on the bottom of the pizza pan to keep the cookie from sticking.
- Make sure the sugar cookie crust is completely cool before spreading frosting on top. A warm cookie will cause the frosting to melt and turn gooey.
- Use a pizza cutter to make nice clean slices.
- Make small personal pizzas by rolling the dough into 24 balls. Bake on a cookie sheet, making sure to allow room for spreading between each cookie.
- Don't have a round pizza pan? Press the cookie pizza dough into a circle on a large sheet pan.
What fruit is best to decorate a sugar cookie pizza?
A mix of different sizes and colors of fruit gives the pizza a good flavor and color. You can use any of your favorite berries on a dessert pizza. Some of our favorites are strawberries, mandarin oranges, kiwi, and berries.
Avoid using fruits that turn brown like bananas and apples.
How do you keep fruit pizza from getting soggy?
The best way to keep the fruit topped pizza from getting soggy is to serve it as soon as you decorate it. The longer the frosting and fruit sit on the crust, the soggier it will get.
Can you make a berry pizza ahead of time?
Berry fruit pizzas really are best if served the day you make them. If you are going to make them ahead of time, wrap the undecorated crust in plastic wrap and set it on the counter.
Make the frosting and place it in a sealed container in the refrigerator. Frost and decorate right before serving.
More Fruit Desserts
- Chocolate Cherry Dessert
- Strawberry Butter
- Peaches and Cream Cake
- Disney Dole Whip Recipe
- Peanut Butter Apple Pizza
- Apple Bread Pudding
- Peach Crisp
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please consider leaving a 5 star ⭐️ rating and/or a review in the comments section further below.
*Dixie Crystals has sponsored this recipe and post. All opinions expressed are 100% my own. Thank you for letting me share products and brands we use and love. See my disclosure policy for more information.*