Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies are a delicious dessert. With a rich, gooey crust and swirls of pumpkin cheesecake, they have the perfect balance of chocolate and fall flavors. They are great for any occasion - from Thanksgiving dinner to afternoon snacks with friends.
These pumpkin cheesecake brownies will make your autumn-loving heart skip a beat. Just look at the swirls! If you're a fan of pumpkin and brownies, then this dessert is a must-try!
We've been making this pumpkin brownie recipe for years. I look forward to baking a few pans to share with friends and family every fall.
Why You Will Love These Pumpkin Brownies
Fudgy brownies and creamy pumpkin cheesecake are layered together to create a fantastic dessert. This delicious recipe will satisfy any sweet tooth.
- Easy to make. You can easily make this dessert with a boxed brownie mix and homemade cheesecake.
- The perfect combination of two classic desserts. A layer of fudgy brownies topped with pumpkin spice cheesecake is perfect for fall.
- A fun treat for fall. These pumpkin cream cheese brownies are a hit for autumn parties, potlucks, or Thanksgiving. Please share them with your family during the holidays and watch them disappear.
Make easy brownie pumpkin cheesecake bars with simple ingredients from your grocery store and a hand mixer.
I often buy an extra mix and pumpkin in case I need to bring a dessert somewhere. It's an easy and convenient way to prepare a delicious treat quickly.
- Brownie Mix - A 9x13 box mix keeps this recipe simple.
- Cream Cheese - Use full fat cream cheese for the best flavor and texture.
- Granulated Sugar - Sweetens the cheesecake batter and lets the pumpkin flavor shine.
- Pumpkin Puree - Make sure you use a can of pure puree. Do NOT buy the pumpkin pie filling because it has added sugar and spices.
- Warm Spices - Cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves add a delightful autumn flavor!
How To Make Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies
This pumpkin cheesecake brownie recipe is just what you need to satisfy your sweet tooth! They are easy enough that even beginner bakers can make them without problems.
So, preheat that oven, put on your favorite cozy sweater, and let the fall scent fill your kitchen!
- Mix the box brownie according to the package directions—reserve ⅔ cup of the batter for later. Pour batter into a prepared pan.
- To make the cheesecake mixture, begin by beating softened cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl until the mixture is creamy.
- Then, add the vanilla, pumpkin puree, flour, and spices. Beat the mixture until all the ingredients are well combined. Finally, add the eggs and mix them gently, taking care not to overbeat the mixture.
- Spread on top of the brownie batter. Drop the reserved brownie batter by spoonfuls onto the pumpkin cheesecake layer, then use a butter knife to swirl it in gently.
- Bake the pumpkin cheesecake brownies until set. Remove from the oven and let cool for 1 hour on a wire rack. Cover loosely and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
BruCrew Tip: Add swirls of this easy whipped cream recipe and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice right before serving.
- In the Refrigerator - The pumpkin brownies will remain fresh for 4-5 days if stored in an airtight container. This dessert can be prepared in advance, making it a perfect option for those planning ahead.
- In the Freezer - Wrap the chilled pan in plastic and foil before freezing. Then, place in a freezer-safe container or bag for 2-3 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight before serving.
Tips & Tricks
- Set the cream cheese out ahead of time. It's much easier to mix the sugar into a block of room-temperature cheese.
- Line the pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper so you can remove the brownies easily after baking.
- Use the edge of a butter knife to swirl the brownie batter into the pumpkin cheesecake easily. DO NOT let the tip of the knife touch the bottom brownie layer.
- Do NOT over-swirl the top layer because it won't look as pretty. It will still taste just as good, though.
- Add ½ cup of miniature chocolate chips to the brownie batter for a more chocolate flavor. Sprinkle a few on top before baking too.
- Add a crunch to your dessert by sprinkling the top with ½ cup chopped nuts before baking.
Order Your Copy Today!
Inventive, Irresistible, and Super-Easy Cheesecake Desserts for Every Day!
BUY IT NOW: Amazon
I recommend using a 9x13-inch baking dish to perfectly balance the brownie and cheesecake layers. If you use a different size, adjust the baking time.
Nope! A simple knife or skewer will do the trick. Just have fun with it – there's no right or wrong way to create the swirls.
To keep it clean, do not let the knife tip go into the bottom layer of batter.
These pumpkin cheesecake swirl brownies are slightly gooey depending on what brand of brownie mix you use. I have tried several different ones over the years; some bake fudgier than others. My favorite box brownie is from Aldi.
If you want to avoid a gooey brownie base, bake the bottom brownie layer for 15 minutes. Then spread the pumpkin cheesecake batter on top and swirl in the remaining brownie batter. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
More Pumpkin Desserts
- Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Pie Brownies
- Oreo Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Chocolate Cream Cheese Bars
- Churro Cheesecake Danish
- Best Pumpkin Cheesecake
Do you love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5-star ⭐️ rating and then a review in the comments section below.
*This post was first published in October 2016. It was updated and republished in November 2023.
We participate in the Amazon Services LLC Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com .