These Brownie Swirled Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars are the perfect fall dessert. The chocolate crust pairs so well with the creamy pumpkin spice cheesecake.
I think all the desserts I like to eat are slowly catching up to me. Over the past few…or 10 months…I have had a tooth that has been giving me grief. A few weeks ago I finally sucked it up and headed to the dentist to see what the problem was.
Actually with everything that kept going on, I was pretty sure that a root canal was the answer.
Sure enough, after multiple x-rays and poking and prodding, they agreed that the tooth had a crack and needed a root canal. So off to another type of dentist for more x-rays and more sharp object poking around in my mouth.
And then after paying two different people for all kinds of mouth x-rays, they came to the conclusion the tooth really couldn’t be saved. Bye, bye tooth.
So this week I have been eating lots of soft foods and smoothies. At least on the bright side of things, I haven’t eaten as much this week, so my jeans are much happier with me.
Brownie Swirled Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
Every year around this time I usually make brownies with a pumpkin cheesecake swirl in them. I went back into some of the older recipes here on the blog looking for that recipe, and it isn’t there.
I remember it being in an old post with another recipe, so I must have removed it at one time. What was I thinking?!?!?!
These Brownie Swirled Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars are very similar to those old ones. They have the same ingredients, but in these bars the cheesecake is the main star! I really do love finding ways to do all things cheesecake.
I like using a box mix to keep this recipe easy, but you could totally use a homemade brownie recipe for the base. Just make sure it is one that is made for a 9×13 pan.
These Brownie Swirled Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars are slightly gooey depending on what brand of brownie mix you use. I have tried a few different ones over the years, and some bake gooier than others. If you want to bake the brownie layer for 15 minutes before adding the cheesecake batter, you can do that too.
I realize that I just shared these Pumpkin Spice Latte Cheesecake Bites this week, so you might be wondering why we need another pumpkin cheesecake so soon. Why? Because it’s fall and we pumpkin all the things in the fall.
And because I was craving cheesecake again.
This recipe is very different because of the chocolate brownie swirls that are in it, and I added more spices to give it a little more fall pizzaz.
Let’s just say I’m glad I have friends to send these easy cheesecake bars to because having a sore tooth isn’t going to keep me out of these bad boys! One square and I was ready to dive into the pan headfirst!
More pumpkin cheesecake recipes you might like:
- Pecan Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie – layers of gooey pecan pie and pumpkin cheesecake join forces in this awesome fall pie
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownie Pie – a fudgy brownie layer with a creamy pumpkin cheesecake
- Pumpkin Oreo Cheesecake – pumpkin cheesecake sandwiched between an Oreo cookie
- Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookie Bars – a pumpkin cheesecake in the middle of soft chocolate cookie layers and topped with frosting
- Churro Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Danish – a cinnamon sugar coating and a sweet glaze gives this danish a pretty finish
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Brownie Swirled Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars recipe and video:
For the Brownies
- 1 - 9x13 dry box brownie mix
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
For the Pumpkin Cheesecake
- 2 - 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13 pan with foil or foil lined parchment paper and spray it with non-stick baking spray.
- Mix together the dry brownie mix, egg, water, and oil. Reserve 2/3 cup of the brownie batter. Spread the remaining brownie batter in the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Beat the cream cheese until creamy. Add the sugar and beat again.
- Add the pumpkin, vanilla, spices, and flour and mix until creamy.
- Add the eggs and mix gently until completely mixed into the cheesecake batter.
- Spread the pumpkin cheesecake gently on top of the brownie batter in the pan.
- Drop the reserved brownie batter by small spoonfuls on top of the cheesecake. Use a butter knife to gently swirl the brownies and cheesecake. Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Remove and let cool on a wire rack for one hour, and then place in the refrigerator until chilled completely. Cut into 24 squares.
- Serve with Cool Whip, sprinkles, and pumpkin pie spice, if desired.
*These brownie cheesecake bars are slightly gooey depending on what brand of brownie mix you use. I have tried a few different ones over the years, and some bake gooier than others. If you want to bake the brownie layer for 15 minutes before adding the cheesecake batter, you can do that too.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 163Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 72mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g