Make a Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownie Pie and watch everyone smile as they cut into the layers. A gooey brownie bottom with creamy pumpkin cheesecake makes the perfect fall dessert.
Do you ever bake a dessert that gives you that happy, dance for joy kind of feelings? You know the dessert that gives you butterflies every time you open the fridge to stare at it while it is chilling because you know it is going to taste so good.
Quite honestly, this layered pumpkin pie is going to give you those feelings in your stomach because you will not be able to stop looking at it.
You will keep opening the refrigerator door just to stare at it again and again. And bite after bite will disappear into your mouth when you cut that first piece!!!
I'm on a roll making all kinds of pumpkin goodness right now.
Recently I made a Salted Caramel Pumpkin Latte, this Pumpkin Potato Corn Chowder, and a batch of Homemade Pumpkin Butter. Then I got the idea for this pumpkin cheesecake pie. What??? There was pumpkin left in the fridge, so I didn't want to be wasteful.
I literally begged my husband to take this brownie pie to work with him after I made it. I could NOT be trusted around a decadent, gooey pie like this!!
It was everything a fall pie should be.
You are going to want to make this fall brownie pie soon. Like this weekend soon!! Or just put it on your Thanksgiving Day pie list, but I highly recommend making it sooner!
Have you looked at those layers? Even your thighs are begging you to make this one.
How to make a Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownie Pie:
Crust - Unroll a refrigerated pie crust and place it in a deep dish pie plate. You can also use a homemade pie crust if you prefer.
Brownies - Mix a box brownie mix with oil, water, instant coffee, and an egg. Spread in bottom of pie crust and bake.
Pumpkin Cheesecake - Beat cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add vanilla, spices, egg, flour, and pumpkin puree and beat again. Spread gently on top of baked brownie layer and bake again.
Cool Whip - Once the pie has cooled, spread whipped topping on top of the pie and sprinkle with cinnamon. You can also use Homemade Whipped Cream or Chai Whipped Cream in place of the store bought topping.
More pumpkin cheesecake recipes:
- Best Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Mini Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecakes
- Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake Cupcakes
- Pecan Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie
- Brownie Swirled Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookie Bars
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also have a fun Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It's a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what's new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 (for a 9x13 pan) brownie mix
- ¼ cup oil
- ¼ cup water
- 1 Tablespoon instant coffee granules, optional
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll out the refrigerated pie crust. Place the crust in a 9.5 inch deep dish pie plate. Refrigerate until ready to fill.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the brownie mix, oil, water, instant coffee, and 1 egg. Beat until combined. Carefully spread in the bottom of the pie crust. Bake for 30 minutes.
- While the brownie layer is baking, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Add the egg and pumpkin and beat again. Slowly add in the cinnamon, nutmeg, and flour.
- When the brownie layer is finished baking, remove it from the oven and carefully spread the cheesecake batter on top of the brownie layer. Place pie back in the oven and bake another 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set on a cooling rack. Let cool on counter for an hour. Place in refrigerator and cool completely.
- Spread Cool Whip on top and sprinkle with extra cinnamon, if desired.
- If you do not like mocha flavored brownies, feel free to leave out the instant coffee.
- Don't like Cool Whip? Use this Homemade Whipped Cream instead.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 158Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 81mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 2g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
*The post for Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownie Pie was first published October 12, 2012. The post and pictures were updated and republished October 15, 2020.