Layers of fudge and candy make this easy Reese’s Ice Cream Cake a stunning summer dessert for any party! So easy to customize with your favorite candies!
This old recipe is such an easy dessert to put together for summer parties. Over the years I have learned so much about photography, so this delicious frozen dessert needed a photo update.
You can see the old picture from 2010 at the bottom of the post. I like to keep one old picture, so I can see how much I have improved over the years.
We have had so much fun making and devouring these DIY ice cream cakes together.
Layering ice cream sandwiches, hot fudge, Cool Whip, and candy bars makes this an easy cake for summer parties! Plus, they can be customized to your flavor satisfaction.
What you need for this Reese’s Ice Cream Cake:
- Mini Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Hot Fudge
- Cool Whip
- Peanut Butter Cups
- Reese’s Pieces
- Chocolate Syrup
We like to use hot fudge and peanut butter cups because that’s how we roll around here. But just think of all the combos you could do! Caramel and Snickers. Marshmallow and Three Musketeers….the possibilities are endless.
How to make this Reese’s Ice Cream Cake:
- The hardest part about this ice cream cake recipe is unwrapping all the ice cream sandwiches and layering them in the pan before they start to melt.
- I suggest just getting 8 ice cream sandwiches out of the freezer at a time. Unwrap those and place in the bottom of the pan.
- Spread a layer of fudge, Cool Whip, and candy and then place it back in the freezer for a few minutes before you start working on the next layer.
- Once you have it all layered together, cover it and put it back in the freezer. Yeah, more waiting time is involved in this easy ice cream sandwich cake recipe.
- I mean, you could just grab a fork and dive in, but the layers wouldn’t be as pretty.
- After a few hours everything freezes together, so that you can cut out pretty squares of frozen goodness!
We like to drizzle our ice cream cakes with more chocolate and sprinkle it with some mini Reese’s pieces. More peanut butter and chocolate is never a bad idea in my world!
A big slice of this Reese’s Ice Cream Cake is a great way to cool off on a hot summer day!
More easy Reese’s recipes that we love:
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Pudding Cookies – these soft and chewy homemade cookies are loaded with Reese’s candies and chocolate chips
- Reese’s Fluffernutter Ice Cream – this easy peanut butter ice cream only requires 5 ingredients and a mixer
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies – the candy center in these chewy peanut butter cookies makes these a family favorite
- Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes – a hidden candy bar is a fun thing to find in the bottom of these cupcakes
More easy frozen treats to enjoy this summer:
- Neapolitan Brownie Ice Cream Cake
- Funfetti Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- Coffee Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Cake
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Bites
- Caramel Frappuccino Pudding Pops
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 16 mini ice cream sandwiches
- 1 jar hot fudge topping
- 1 - 8 ounce container Cool Whip, thawed & divided
- 2 cups chopped Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- 1/4 cup mini Reese's Pieces candies
- chocolate syrup
- Line an 8x8 pan with foil.
- Unwrap the ice cream sandwiches and place 8 in the bottom of the lined pan.
- Spread the top of the ice cream sandwiches with 1/2 the hot fudge.
- Top with half the Cool Whip and 1 cup chopped peanut butter cups. Press the candies in.
- Repeat the layers with the remaining ingredients. Cover and freeze for 4-6 hours.
- Cut into 16 slices. Serve with chocolate syrup and mini Reese's Pieces.
- Pyrex 8 Inch Square Baking Dish with Red Lid
- Silicone Spatulas, 8.5" Small Heat Resistant Non-Stick Flexible Rubber Scrapers Bakeware Tool Essential Cooking Gadget (5 Pack)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 388 Total Fat: 19g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 16mg Sodium: 211mg Carbohydrates: 50g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 33g Protein: 7g
(original photo from August 2010)
*The post for Reese’s Ice Cream Cake was first published August 2010. The photos were updated July 2018, and it was republished June 2019.