This easy Lemon Cream Strawberry Pie is a perfect dessert for summer parties and picnics. The layers of strawberry pie filling and lemon cream will have you going back for another slice in a hurry.
We are in the last week of school. Our kids are getting so antsy and are ready to be finished with all things school related.
But they can’t give up now because they have three days of finals and the last day of school to get through before summer vacation can start.
It’s funny how life changes once you become an adult. Summer time for adults just means the same routine as the rest of the year. I still look forward to the lazy days of summer, but I still have work to do each week.
I’m not complaining though. I love testing and photographing new recipes each week. Yes, there are long hours of baking and lots of editing, but I puffy heart love what I do. I still can’t believe I get to call sharing recipes “a job”.
One of the fun things I like to do in the kitchen is to take existing recipes and mash them together into a completely new and delicious dessert.
This strawberry pie happens to be one of those crazy creations. I used the filling from these Mini Strawberry Pies and the filling in this No Bake Strawberry Lemon Cream Pie to come up with this new pretty summer pie.
One bite and we were all in love with this easy strawberry pie. It’s a good thing we had company over for dinner to help us devour the pie because I really wanted to keep serving myself little slivers.
Now you will notice that I used a regular pie crust for this pie. This does keep this pie from being a completely no bake recipe.
If you really do not want to turn your oven on to bake the crust, go ahead and use a homemade or ready made graham cracker crust or a golden Oreo cookie crust. Both of those will work and will taste delicious too. I just prefer the taste of these layers with a flakey pie crust.
Can you use homemade whipped cream instead of Cool Whip?
You sure can. Use 2 cups heavy cream and 1/2 cup powdered sugar to make a stabilized whipped cream first. Then just use the same amount of that in place of the Cool Whip in the recipe.
Can you use a canned pie filling instead of making the homemade strawberry pie filling?
Yes, that will work too. Open a can of filling and pour it into the bottom of the crust. Just be aware that canned pie filling will not set up like the pie filling made with Jello, so it will be a looser set pie after it chills.
How to make a Lemon Cream Strawberry Pie:
- Preheat your oven and set the pie crust out 15 minutes before baking.
- Place your pie plate upside down on the counter. Mold a sheet of tin foil around the outside of the pie plate. Remove the foil and turn the pie plate right side up.
- Unroll the pie crust and place it in the bottom of the pie plate. Fold and crimp the edges of the crust.
- Place the foil mold into the pie crust. This will keep your pie crust from bubbling as it bakes. Bake the crust then remove the foil to let it cool.
- Make the strawberry pie filling and pour it into the bottom of the cooled crust. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
- Beat the cream cheese and lemon curd until creamy. Fold in Cool Whip gently.
- Spread the lemon cream filling on top of the chilled strawberry layer.
- Top the pie with more Cool Whip and refrigerate again because the cream layer needs to set up before you slice into it.
Add Cool Whip swirls, strawberry halves, and lemon slices to the top of the pie to make it look fancy right before serving it.
Other easy pie recipes you may enjoy:
This easy Coconut Fudge Pie has three delicious layers just waiting for you to dive right in to. There is plenty of chocolate and coconut goodness in every bite.
The creamy and crunchy layers in this Peanut Butter Butterfinger Pie will have you going back for more. It is a decadent and easy dessert to make for picnics.
The sweet and salty crust on this Strawberry Pretzel Pie makes this easy, no bake pie a delicious spring or summer dessert.
This No-Bake Jello Pie is easy and only uses 5 ingredients. No oven needed. So refreshing and bright – make it in any flavor that you like!
Make this easy no bake Cookies and Cream Chocolate Pie when you need a chocolate fix. Cookies and chocolate pudding will make this your new favorite dessert.
Layers of fudge, fresh bananas, and banana pudding make this Fudge Bottom Banana Cream Pie a delicious ending to any meal.
Connect more with Inside BruCrew Life!
Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag your photos with #brucrewlifebaking, so I can see all the Inside BruCrew Life recipes you are making.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 2 cups diced strawberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 of a 3 ounce box strawberry Jello
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup lemon curd (10 ounce jar)
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed and divided
- 2 fresh lemons
- 5 whole strawberries
- Bake the pie crust in a 9 1/2 inch deep dish pie plate according to the package directions. Cool completely.
- Whisk together the water, sugar, and cornstarch in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Let boil for 1 minute. Stir in the Jello powder. Let the mixture cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir the strawberries into the Jello mixture and spoon into the cooled crust. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or until set.
- Beat the cream cheese and lemon curd until creamy. Fold in 1 1/2 cups Cool Whip gently. Spread on top of the strawberry filling.
- Spread 2 cups Cool Whip on top of the lemon filling. Use a piping bag and icing tip 1M to make 8 Cool Whip swirls around the edge of the pie. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours to allow the filling to set up.
- Cut 4 of the whole strawberries in half and place on the Cool Whip swirls. Add lemon slices in between the swirls. Add one whole slice in the center and place the last whole strawberry on top.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 199Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 120mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 2gSugar: 18gProtein: 2g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.