I really hate to do this to you...but these Oreo Peppermint Cookies are going to rock your world.
I realize you probably already have your cookies baked or at least have your list of ones you are going to bake.
And I realize you need another cookie recipe like you need a hole in your head.
But let me persuade you to add these mint chocolate cookies to that Christmas list.
Santa would want them on his plate of cookies.
Seriously they have Oreo and Peppermint Patty candy pieces all baked inside a dark chocolate dough. What's not to like???
Shoot, forget about Santa...you need these in YOUR life. Like today!!!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup dark cocoa powder
- 2 cups Oreo cookie chunks
- 1 cup Peppermint candy pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until creamy. Add the egg and beat again.
- Stir in the baking powder, cocoa powder, and flour.
- Add the Oreo chunks and peppermint pieces and stir by hand to distribute. Do this gently so you don't break up the chunks of cookies more.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 8 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 207Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 122mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 2g