Looking for a peanut butter cookie recipe that everyone will love? We added Reese’s Pieces and chocolate chips to make these Peanut Butter Reese’s Cookies the best ever! They are soft, chewy, and have the best chocolate and peanut butter flavor.
Soft peanut butter cookies loaded with candy definitely need to be on your baking plans this week. These peanut butter Reese’s cookies go to a whole new level when you add Reese’s Pieces and chocolate chips to the dough.
This is my go to recipe for peanut butter cookies because they always turn out so soft, puffy, and delicious. They have a secret ingredient in them that makes sure they stay soft for days…if they even last that long.
Kids of all ages will go crazy and devour the whole batch of Reese’s cookies in no time at all. Don’t take our word for it though, just look at the empty cookie jar.
Why You Will Love These Cookies
- The cookie dough comes together in minutes.
- No chilling time before baking the cookies.
- Soft and chewy peanut butter cookies that have plenty of chocolate and Reese’s candies in every bite.
- Great for any occasion that calls for cookies.
Main Ingredients Needed
This peanut butter cookie recipe comes together quickly with basic ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen or pantry. Just add a bag of Reese’s Pieces to your shopping list and you will be ready to bake in no time at all.
- Butter – Softened unsalted butter creates a smooth and creamy dough texture that helps the cookies bake up puffy. Another plus to using softened butter instead of melted butter is that you do not have to chill the dough.
- Sugar – A mixture of granulated sugar and brown sugar sweetens the dough and makes the cookies soft.
- Peanut Butter – Our favorite peanut butter to use in recipe is creamy JIF. Other brands are fine, but I do not recommend a natural or oily peanut butter.
- Flour – All purpose flour is used to thicken the dough and add structure. See our tips on how to measure flour.
- Cornstarch – A little bit added to cookie dough helps them to bake up thicker and to stay soft longer.
- Mix-Ins – A mixture of Reese’s Pieces and chocolate chips truly make these the best. Feel free to use peanut butter chips for more peanut butter goodness.
How to make Peanut Butter Reese’s Cookies
Another reason these cookies are my favorite is because there is no chilling time needed to make this Reese’s Pieces cookie recipe. You can bake the dough as soon as you mix it up. Gotta love that you can have cookies right away when the craving hits!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make the cookie dough. Beat the room temperature butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and creamy. Add the vanilla, eggs, and peanut butter and mix again. Slowly add the dry ingredients until a soft dough forms.
- Add the mix-ins. Gently stir the chocolate chips and Reese’s candies into the dough. Save some of the candy for the tops.
- Scoop dough balls. Use a cookie dough scoop to evenly divide the dough into 36 balls. Press a few extra candies into the top of the balls.
- Bake and chill. Place 12 balls at a time on a baking sheet and bake for 10-11 minutes. Let the cookies rest on the hot cookie sheet for 1-2 minutes, then gently remove and place on a wire rack or parchment paper to cool completely.
Store the cooled cookies in a tightly sealed container on the counter for 4-5 days.
You can also freeze the cookies in a freezer safe bag or container for 1-2 months. Thaw on the counter for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Measure all of the ingredients properly. One of the biggest reasons recipes do not turn out is because of improper measuring.
- Save some of your mix-ins to press into the tops of the dough balls before baking. This makes the peanut butter Reese’s Pieces cookies look like they came from a bakery.
- Use a mixture of Reese’s Pieces and mini peanut butter cups for more Reese’s love.
- Use M&M’s instead of the peanut butter candies.
More Recipes with Reese’s Pieces
- Reeses Ice Cream Cake
- Reese’s Popcorn
- Peanut Butter Banana Cookies
- Reese’s Marshmallow Blondies
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Pudding Cookies
- Oreo Reese’s Brownie
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please consider leaving a 5 star ⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further below.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cup Reese's Pieces, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the butter and sugars until light and creamy.
- Add the vanilla, eggs, and peanut butter and beat again.
- Stir the salt, baking soda, flour, and cornstarch slowly add to the butter mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and 1 1/4 cup Reese's Pieces by hand.
- Scoop 36 even dough balls and press the remaining candies into the tops.
- Place 12 balls on a baking sheet and bake for 10-11 minutes.
- Let cool on the cookie sheet for 1-2 minutes then gently remove and place on a wire rack or parchment paper to cool completely.
- Store in a tightly sealed container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 199Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 103mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 4g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
*The post for Peanut Butter Reese’s Cookies was first published January 2014. The photos and post were updated and republished January 2022.