These pretty Strawberry Truffle Kiss Cookies are pink, sparkly, and taste amazing. These easy cake mix cookies are the perfect treat to fill your cookie jar with this month.
*Love these recipes? Be sure to sign up for the BruCrew email to have these recipes delivered to your inbox each day.
I have a confession to make. When I was younger I used to be a tomboy that hated anything pink. This girl grew up climbing trees and riding horses.
I’m pretty sure my husband doesn’t believe that at all because now I am the biggest girly girl. But somewhere there are pictures to prove it.
When we were expecting our daughter, I didn’t want anyone to buy pink baby clothes. Ruffles and bows were allowed either. Don’t even get me started on bows that are bigger than babies heads. I’m still not a fan at all! But that’s just my preference. If you love them, you do you
Fast forward a few years, and now I’m all about pink. Pink shoes, pink sweatshirts, pink phone case…you name it, I probably want it pink.
I’m not sure what ever happened to the tomboy in me or why I ever hated pink. The funny thing is that pink is really one of the best colors for my daughter and I to wear. Maybe that’s why I am embracing it now.
Cake Mix Cookies
Another thing that I am totally 100% embracing are cake mix cookies.
Years ago I made these Vanilla Fudge Whoopie Pies, and over the years I have made so many variations using a simple cake mix. Triple Chip Red Velvet, Chocolate Mint, Cinnamon Caramel... have you made cookies from cake mix yet? It is so much fun to come up with different mix-ins for each one.
To make cake mix cookies you beat together the dry mix along with some butter, egg, and cream cheese. Then add your favorite candy or cookies to the dough. The end result is a puffy, chewy cookie that is amazing!
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, I couldn’t wait to make another easy cookie in my favorite color. Use a strawberry cake mix and strawberry extract to make an easy strawberry cookie dough.
The truffle kiss on top of the pink cookies make these look just like the classic peanut butter blossom cookies.
How to make Strawberry Truffle Kiss Cookies:
- Unwrap the Hershey kisses and place them in a bowl in the freezer.
- Mix together the cake mix, butter, egg, extract, and cream cheese until a soft dough forms.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least 60 minutes.
- Roll into 48 balls and roll in pink sanding sugar.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Let cool on the pan for a few minutes, then remove and place on wax paper.
- Press a frozen kiss into the top of each warm cookie. Let set until completely cool.
Strawberry, chocolate, and pink sparkles…what are you waiting for? Get to work baking a batch of these easy strawberry cookies for dessert tonight.
More easy cake mix cookies you may like:
- Funfetti Birthday Cake M&M Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookies & Cream Cookies
- Carrot Cake Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookies and Cream Cookies
- Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 1 strawberry cake mix
- 8 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon strawberry extract
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- pink sanding sugar
- 48 chocolate truffle kisses
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Take the wrappers off the Hershey kisses and place them in a bowl and into the freezer.
- Combine the dry cake mix, butter, egg, and extract and mix until a soft dough forms.
- Add the cream cheese and mix in completely. Refrigerate the dough for at least 60 minutes.
- Roll into 48 dough balls and roll in sanding sugar.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Let set on the hot cookie tray for 2 minutes before removing and placing on parchment paper.
- Top each cookie with a frozen kiss. Let cool completely before placing in a sealed container on the counter.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 48 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 104Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 40mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g
*The post for Strawberry Truffle Kiss Cookies was first published on February 2, 2015. The photos and post have been updated and republished on February 4, 2020.