These Strawberry Kiss Cookies are soft and chewy and have the prettiest pink sparkle. Adding a Hershey kisses to the tops of the easy cake mix cookies is a fun way to make them look like blossom cookies.
It's no secret that we love cake mix cookies around here. These cookies and cream cookies and these Rolo cookies are two of our most popular ones.
For Christmas we made these Christmas kiss cookies. We even made up a chocolate kiss cookie for Valentines day. But know I wanted to change them up and make pink strawberry cookies and top them with Hershey kisses. The truffle kiss on top of the pink cookies make these look like blossom cookies.
These kiss cookies are seriously so easy to do. Using a cake mix with just a few ingredients makes a cookie dough that bakes up soft and puffy with a delicious chew.
Rolling the dough balls in pink sanding sugar gives the cookies a pretty shimmer. Plus, the sugar crunch is pretty awesome when you bite into each one.
Why This Recipe Works
- Easy to make with just a few ingredients.
- Soft and chewy cookies loaded with strawberry flavor.
- Bright pink color makes them festive for Valentine's day or baby showers.
Strawberry, chocolate, and pink sparkles...what are you waiting for? Get to work baking a batch of these easy strawberry cookies for dessert tonight.
What are Cake Mix Cookies?
To make cake mix cookies you mix together the dry cake mix along with some soft butter, egg, and cream cheese. Add your favorite candy or cookies to the dough, and the end result is a puffy, chewy cookie that is amazing!
There are so many variations and combinations you can create using a simple cake mix. It is so much fun to come up with different mix-ins for each one.
The dough for these pink kiss cookies comes together in minutes with just a few simple ingredients. Make sure you allow enough time for the cookie dough to chill before baking.
- Strawberry Cake Mix - All you need for these cookies is the dry mix. Do not follow the package directions or the cookies will not turn out.
- Butter - Set the butter out ahead of time so it is soft and easier to mix into the dry powder mix.
- Strawberry Extract - Gives the cookies an extra bit of strawberry flavor.
- Egg - Holds the ingredients together.
- Cream Cheese - Adds a delicious texture to the cookies.
- Pink Sugar - You can find colored sanding sugars in most grocery stores or craft stores. Look for it in the baking aisles. It just adds a pretty shimmer and crunch to the strawberry cookies.
- Hershey Kisses - You can use any flavor of chocolate kisses for the tops of the cookies. We love the season truffle kisses, so we added them to this recipe. Kisses are also great in these chocolate bon bon cookies.
How to make Strawberry Kiss Cookies
Using a strawberry cake mix and Hershey kisses is an easy way to make Valentine blossom cookies.
- Unwrap the Hershey kisses and place them in a bowl in the freezer.
- Mix together the cake mix, butter, egg, extract, and cream cheese in a large bowl until a soft dough forms.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least 60 minutes. The dough will be very sticky and hard to form into balls if you do not chill it.
- Use a small cookie scoop and make 48 balls. Roll each dough ball in pink sanding sugar.
- Bake 12 at a time for 8 minutes. Let cool on the pan for a few minutes, then remove the cookies gently and place them on parchment paper or a cooling rack.
- Press a frozen kiss into the top of each warm cookie. Do not move the kiss cookies until they are completely cool.
CLICK HERE TO PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER!
- Unwrap and freeze the Hershey kisses ahead of time. The heat from the hot cookies will make the kisses start to melt. Freezing them ahead of time helps them hold their shape better.
- Chill the cookie dough for at least 1 hour. The dough is sticky and will be hard to scoop and roll when it is first made.
- Use a small cookie scoop to divide the dough evenly into 48 small balls. I like to scoop everything first and then adjust the balls to get the right amount.
- Do not over bake the cookies. Cake mix cookies look soft and puffy when they come out of the cookies. Be patient. They will set up as they cool.
How to Store
Wait for the strawberry cake mix cookies to cool completely, and the chocolate is hard to the touch. Place them in an air tight container where they will keep on the counter for 4-5 days.
You can also freeze the cookies for 1-2 months. Thaw on the counter for at least 15 minutes before serving. FYI: The chocolate on the Hershey kiss may change colors as they thaw and defrost. The taste will still be the same, but they might not look as pretty.
More Cake Mix Cookies
- Funfetti M&M Cookies
- Carrot Cake Mix Cookies
- Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies
- Red Velvet Cookies
- Chocolate Mint Cookies
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Fluffernutter Cookies
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please consider leaving a 5 star ⭐️ rating in the recipe card below.
*The post for Strawberry Truffle Kiss Cookies was first published on February 2, 2015. The photos and post were updated and republished on February 4, 2020.
My family loved these! Great for Valentines day. I used vanilla extract to save $ and they still have a big strawberry flavor
These were really good! Five stars! My children and I made them today, saved some for ourselves and gifted the rest. They are just as pretty as your pictures and this will now be a regular for us every Valentine's Day. Thanks for sharing, Jocelyn! I appreciate you!