Chicken Alfredo meets loaded baked potato in this delicious Loaded Chicken Alfredo Gnocchi Bake. Full of flavor and easy to have on your table for dinner tonight.
One of my favorite dishes at Olive Garden is the chicken and gnocchi soup. There is just something about that soup that says comfort food to me.
Now I realize that the pasta dinner staring back at you is nothing like that soup. They just both have gnocchi. End of similarities.
Because I love gnocchi so much, I picked up a few packages at the grocery store. Then they just sat in the cupboard forever. Ok, maybe I’m exaggerating a little there, but I know they were in there quite a while before I decided to use them.
If this is your first time cooking gnocchi, join the club. This dish was actually my first time working with it too. Let me tell you something…it is so easy.
What is gnocchi?
They are small, soft dumplings made from flour and potato. The cooked potatoes are mixed with enough flour to create a dough, then it is shaped into small pieces for boiling.
How do you know when gnocchi is cooked?
Place the gnocchi in a pot of boiling water. The cooked gnocchi will float to the top when they are done. Strain and serve them immediately with sauce.
If you are pan frying the gnocchi, you do not need to boil them first. Fry them in butter until they are golden brown and lightly crisp on the outside. Make sure to flip them as they cook.
The other day we had some extra grilled chicken after making this Strawberry Orange Spinach Salad. We had a bag of frozen broccoli and a jar of Alfredo sauce, so I decided to combine all of those with the package of gnocchi in the pantry.
Seriously! Look at the ooey, gooey cheese! It makes me want to run to my kitchen and make another pan of baked gnocchi with chicken and broccoli.
Now if you are a dinner pro, go for it and make homemade Alfredo sauce. There really is nothing like it. My hubby spoils me every year on my birthday and makes the real stuff. We love it on this Bacon Shrimp Alfredo Pasta! It really is amazing!
But, I am totally a semi-homemade cook/baker, and I love the convenience of packaged foods on busy nights. Someone has to help keep these companies in business, right?
Plus, most times when I use a packaged item I give it enough homemade flair to kick the package right out of it.
Since gnocchi is a potato based pasta, we are going to load it up like a baked potato. Melty cheese goodness and bacon makes this a winner, winner, chicken dinner.
How to make Loaded Chicken Alfredo Gnocchi:
- Cook the gnocchi according to the package directions.
- Stir together the drained gnocchi, broccoli, chicken, bacon, garlic, and Alfredo sauce.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and bake until melted.
- Broil for a few minutes to brown the cheese, then serve immediately.
What to serve with this chicken Alfredo gnocchi:
- Side Salad
- Dinner Rolls
- Garlic Bread
- Roasted Veggies
Can this casserole be made ahead of time?
Yes, you can put the entire dish together ahead of time. Mix it all together, top with cheese, then cover and place in the refrigerator.
You can cook it whenever you are ready to make dinner, although you may need to add a little bit of time since it will be cold.
More easy chicken dinners you may like:
- Chicken Supreme Pasta Bake
- Chipotle Chicken Pasta – great Cheesecake Factory Copycat
- Chicken Alfredo Ravioli Lasagna
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake
- Cheesy Chicken Pasta
- Monterey Chicken Enchiladas
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 1 package gnocchi
- 2 cups frozen broccoli
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) jar Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- green onions, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Cook the gnocchi according to the package directions. Drain.
- Stir together the gnocchi, broccoli, chicken, bacon, garlic, and Alfredo sauce.
- Spoon into the prepared casserole dish and sprinkle with cheeses. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese starts to brown. Make sure you keep an eye on it because it will brown quickly. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 237Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 307mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 17g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
*This Loaded Chicken Alfredo Gnocchi Bake was first published on April 2, 2014. The photos and post were updated and republished on February 10, 2020.