Adding some creepy candies and green frosting makes these Witch’s Cauldron Brownie Cupcakes a fun addition to any spooky party this year!
Down the road from us is the coolest decorated house ever! They have large life-sized skeletons crawling on the roof and on the side of the house! At night they have a red lightbulb glowing, so you can just barely see the skeletons…so cool!
I know this might seem creepy and scary…but my husband and I both agree that it looks so fun. We love Halloween!!! It totally makes me want to go buy 5 skeletons to attach to my house too! Well, I did until I looked at how much the big ones actually cost…
For now I’m going to enjoy driving by the house down the road…it’s a little easier on my wallet that way.
One of my popular recipes this time of year are these pudding filled dirt cupcakes. Kids and adults just love the fun hidden center of pudding, and of course a cupcake with a gummy work is just a hit no matter what, right?
It got me thinking on how I could make the same thing, but different for Halloween this year.
Since I still have a jar full of googly eyes from making these ghost cookies, I knew eyes had to be part of the cupcakes. But how could I incorporate the pudding and worms?
Then it hit me! A cupcake cauldron of creepy things would be so fun!
Eyes, bones, worms, spiders, and green pudding seemed like the perfect way to finish off the cupcakes. I knew buying those fun sprinkles would come in handy soon!
I did take the easy way out for the cupcakes. Box brownies, instant pudding, and Cool Whip were all used in this recipe.
Hey, coming up with creative, fun recipes is hard work…corners needed to be cut! LOL! Ok, so I just wanted to be lazy! Either way, it works for me!
These cute/spooky cupcakes are an easy project to do with your kids. Put the bowls of spooky toppings out and let them go to town creating cauldrons of creepiness! They will love it!!!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
For the Cupcakes
- 1 - 9x13 box brownie mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 eggs
For the Frosting
- 1 - 3.3 ounce box instant white chocolate pudding
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 - 8 ounce container Cool Whip, thawed
- green gel color
- candy eyes
- green candy pearls
- spider and bone sprinkles
- green jimmies
- gummy worms, cut in half
- chocolate licorice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place 15 cupcake liners in pan.
- Mix together the brownie mix, water, oil, and eggs until combined. Spoon evenly into liners.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes. Remove and cool completely.
- Whisk together the pudding mix and milk. Fold in the Cool Whip until completely combined. Use the green gel color to make a green color you like.
- Use a cupcake corer or melon scoop to remove the center of the cupcakes. Fill each hole and the top of the cupcake with the pudding frosting.
- Place a licorice piece into either side of the cupcakes to create a handle. Top each cupcake with gummy worms, eyes, pearls, and sprinkles. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator until time to serve.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 155 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 38mg Sodium: 33mg Carbohydrates: 8g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 5g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g
More fun Halloween treats for the kids to make this year:
More fun Halloween treats from friends: