Creepy Crawly Brownie Pizzas

I have one last minute Halloween treat to share with you guys.  Actually I thought about holding off and saving it for next year since I am getting this up so close to the actual holiday.  But you and I both know that I will totally forget about this come next year.  And since these were so very good, I figured you wouldn’t mind another creepy treat before we dive into holiday goodies.

These brownie pizzas are a the love child of these Pudding Filled Dirt Cupcakes and these Brownie Fruit Pizzas.  Delicious fudge brownies baked up in a whoopie pie pan and then topped with a cookie cream cheese layer are definitely the way to go this Halloween.  You can also top them with any kind of spooky gummies or candies.

Don’t have a whoopie pie pan?  You can either buy one HERE or just bake your brownies in a regular baking pan and top with the filling.  Then add your candies to each piece that you slice.  Either way works.  I just like pulling out my different baking pans, so my hubby sees that I do actually need all these pans that I keep buying:-)

Now that I have our treats figured out I need to get cracking on the kids costumes.  Anyone have any ideas for a homemade werewolf costume?  Yeah, me either.  I guess I better go ask my best friend Google.

Creepy Crawly Brownie Pizzas

Yield: 20 miniature pizzas

Creepy Crawly Brownie Pizzas

Mini brownie pizzas with a cream cheese cookie filling on top.

1 box brownie mix (9x13 pan size)
4 oz. cream cheese softened
1/4 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. cool whip
3/4 c. chocolate cookie crumbs divided
gummy worms and bone candies

1. Mix brownie mix according to package. Spoon 1 Tbsp. into the whoopie pie pan cavities. Bake 10 minutes at 350*. Let them sit 3-4 minutes in the pan before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
  2. Beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Stir in the cool whip and 1/2 c. cookie crumbs. Top each mini pizza with a spoonful of filling and sprinkle with the rest of the cookie crumbs. Decorate with gummy worms and candy bones if desired.

Shared at: Mealtime, Craftomaniac, Bulletin Board, Mix it Up, Making the World Cuter, Cutesy Monday, Crazy Sweets, Get Your Craft On, Open Call, Jamboree,

Comments

those are so stinkin adorable! i would have loved to have made them for Kelcee’s Halloween party at school! I think i might make them for her! Thanks for sharing girl! Have a great rest of the weekend!

Summer
    Summer recently posted..Halloween PartyMy Profile

2. Veronica says

This looks like SUCH a fun recipe to bring the kiddos in the kitchen…. What a coincidence I just bought brownie mix too! (Ok not a coincidence since I buy it all the time, ooops!!) and for the werewolf costume just get fangs and a butt load of body hair lol :)
    Veronica recently posted..Copycat Cheesecake Factory Squaw BreadMy Profile

• Jocelyn says

I always grab extra boxes of brownies to have on hand. It sounds to me like creepy brownies need to visit your house:-)

• Jocelyn says

That candy mold was way too cute…in a creepy kind of way…to pass up! We do seem to think alike in the food department:-)

• Jocelyn says

I would have totally forgotten about them if I had waited:-) I am so glad you liked them. Thank you for the pin love!!!

• Jocelyn says

Yay it worked just fine:-) And no I can’t believe that Halloween is 2 days away. I have cookies and costumes to finish up yet. Yikes!!!

• Jocelyn says

I have had so much fun making spooky treats this year…you inspired me so much:-) And I am loving brownies in the whoopie pan!!!

• Jocelyn says

Dirt cakes have always been a favorite of mine! It was fun spookifying them:-) I think I have my son convinced to be a vampire since we have all that stuff already:-)

• Jocelyn says

Your kids will have so much fun putting these together, and you, well, you will definitely enjoy eating them:-) Thanks for the pin love!!!

These look fantastically creepy and delicious! I’ll have to remember these for next year. I’m featuring these tonight at the link party! Thanks for linking up!

Kathryn