These Cherry Cheesecake Brownies have layers of brownie, cheesecake, and cherry pie filling. The perfect cheesecake trifecta for celebrating anything with. Or make it for a random Wednesday as an unexpected after dinner dessert.
Today is National Cheesecake Day! That means all things cheesecake should be eaten all day long, right? Please say yes, please say yes!!!
Cheesecake happens to be one of my absolute favorite desserts to make. I love making this Banana Split Cheesecake for when I want a big full size cheesecake for special dinners or for fundraisers at church. It is a jaw dropper for sure!
Baking layers in desserts is probably my all time favorite way to do cheesecake. These Take 5 Cheesecake Brownies are definitely one of the best ways to put as many layers as you can into one dessert.
I knew Cheesecake Day was coming up, and I had every intention of making a full sized cheesecake to share with you. It’s been way too long since I have done a big one. But then we were gone all day shopping at Ikea for bedroom furniture for our kids bedroom redo’s, and my husband wanted a dessert to take into the guys at his old job.
When there is no time to wait for a big cheesecake to cool, I almost always make cheesecake brownies. They really are so easy to make, and they cool in just a few short hours. I like to use a box brownie mix to for convenience, but a homemade brownie recipe that would work just as well. For this cheesecake, you will start with your brownie mix. Make it according to the package directions and pour it into a baking dish. Then move onto the next layer.
Make sure your cream cheese is softened before you get started. I like to get mine out of the refrigerator at least an hour before I start making anything with cream cheese in it. If you forget to get it out, you can always unwrap it and remove the foil package and microwave it for about 30 seconds. Whip the cream cheese before you add any ingredients. This will help remove any lumps. Slowly pour in the rest of the ingredients and beat again.
Spoon the cheesecake batter very carefully onto the brownie batter. You want them to bake in distinct layers. Same with the pie filling. Spoon it very carefully and use a knife to swirl just the top layer.
After this bakes, give it time to cool. I usually leave my finished cheesecake on the counter for an hour, then place it in the refrigerator. Within 2-3 hours it is completely chilled and ready for you to dive into.
I do like to add chocolate drizzles, Cool Whip, and extra pie filling to make these Cherry Cheesecake Brownies pretty…my husband didn’t want to wait that long for the ones he took to his friends. Which way would you prefer to eat these…plain or pretty???
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Make sure you check out all the CHEESECAKE LOVE from the bloggers below!
- Blackberry Goat Cheese Cheesecake from Baking a Moment
- Blueberry Ricotta Cream Cheesecake from Hungry Couple
- Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake from Wishes and Dishes
- Chocolate Cheesecake w/ Whisky Toffee Shards from girlichef
- Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Cheesecake from Savvy Eats
- Coconut Cheesecake with Macadamia Crust from All Day I Dream About Food
- Hawaiian Chantilly Layer Cheesecake from Wallflour Girl
- Hawaiian Mini Cheesecakes from Pint Sized Baker
- Key Lime Pie Cheesecake from Love and Confections
- Lemon Cheesecake from Shugary Sweets
- Lemon Ginger Panna Cotta Cheesecake with Blueberry Sauce from Girl Versus Dough
- Lightened Up Apricot-Swirl Cheesecake from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Lilikoi Cheesecake with Macadamia Nut Shortbread Crust from Dieter’s Downfall
- Mango Cheesecake (vegan) from Jessiker Bakes
- Mini cheesecakes with a toasted coconut crust (gluten free) from Quarter Life (Crisis) Cuisine
- Mini Mascarpone Cheesecakes with Strawberry Balsamic Topping from Boulder Locavore
- Mom’s Cheesecake from Magnolia Days
- New York Style Cheesecake from URBAN BAKES
- Oreo Cheesecake (vegan) from Namely Marly
- Oreo Ripple Cheesecake from Overtime Cook
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Nutella Ganache Topping from The Redhead Baker
- Pear cheesecake with gingersnap crust from Roxana’s Home Baking
- Pumpkin Cheesecake from Lady Behind The Curtain
- Rainbow Cheesecake from In Katrina’s Kitchen
- Raspberry Cheesecake with Oreo Crust from Hip Foodie Mom
- Ricotta Cheesecake from French Press
- Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- S’mores Cheesecake from The Gunny Sack
- Snickers Cheesecake from Life, Love and Sugar
- Sugar Cookie Cheesecake from Munchkin Munchies
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake from Wine & Glue
- Very Berry Cheesecake with Chocolate Oreo Crust from JavaCupcake
- White Chocolate Cheesecake with Macadamia Nuts and Caramel from Taste and Tell
- White Chocolate Frangelico Cheesecake from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake from Will Cook For Smiles
No Bake Cheesecakes:
- Butter Pecan Caramel No-Bake Mini Cheesecakes from Simply Southern Baking
- Cherry and Pistachio No Bake Cheesecake with Animal Cracker Crust from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Mini No Bake Lime Cheesecakes from Miss in the Kitchen
- Neapolitan No Bake Cheesecake from Grandbaby Cakes
- No-Bake Berry Cheesecake from Food Lust People Love
- No Bake Blackberry Cheesecake from You Made That?
- No Bake Dulce de Leche Cheesecake with Caramelized Peaches from The Food Charlatan
- No-Bake Limoncello Cheesecake from Cake Duchess
- No Bake Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake from White Lights on Wednesday
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Black Raspberry Cheesecake Milkshake from Blahnik Baker
- Caramel Cheesecake Martini from Happy Food, Healthy Life
Cheesecake Cookies and Bars:
- Caramel Overload Cheesecake Bars from Crumbs and Chaos
- Cherry Cheesecake Brownies from Inside BruCrew Life
- Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake Cookies from Lemons for Lulu
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars from Chez CateyLou
- Healthier Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownie Bars from Texanerin Baking
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars from Cooking In Stilettos
- No Bake Coconut Lime Cheesecake Bars from Beyond Frosting
- No Bake Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars from Garnish with Lemon
- Strawberry Chocolate Ganache Cheesecake Bars from A Kitchen Addiction
Cheesecake Desserts and Treats:
- Banana Foster No Bake Cheesecake Shooters from Mind Over Batter
- Chocolate Nutella Cheesecake Cake from gotta get baked
- Key Lime Trifles from Hoosier Homemade
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pots from Barbara Bakes
- Triple Brigadeiro Cheesecake Tart from From Brazil To You
Frozen Cheesecakes and Treats:
- Blackberry Cheesecake Popsicles from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake Ice Cream from Chocolate Moosey
- Frozen PB&C Cheesecake from Noshing With The Nolands
- Frozen Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Nutter Butter Crust from Crazy for Crust