Enjoy a taste of Fall with this sweet homemade bread. This Apple Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread is a delicious treat to make for breakfast or brunch.
The apple pie filling and cinnamon sugar coated bread dough bake together into the most ooey, gooey bread.
*I am partnering with Dixie Crystals to bring you this sweet bread recipe. Click HERE to print the full recipe.
Your kitchen will be filled with the most amazing fall smell as this apple pull apart bread bakes. It is so delicious, and there is gooey goodness in every layer.
This sweet bread has apple pie filling in between each of the layers and is drizzled with a sweet glaze which makes it irresistible.
If you are looking for something easy and delicious to make for breakfast or brunch this fall, try this homemade recipe. A slice or two of this apple bread is delicious with a hot cup of coffee. Just saying...
Our kids love when we make Monkey Bread Muffins or cinnamon sugar pull apart bread for a fun breakfast treat on the weekends. It's also a family favorite for the holidays too.
What is pull apart bread?
Pull apart bread has indentations that allow the bread to be "pulled" apart into individual servings. This bread can be baked in different pans, but loaf pans and bundt pans are the most common.
It can also be called monkey bread, sticky bread, or bubble bread.
Most pull apart breads use canned biscuit dough. If you are short on time, that works. But trust me, and make this gooey bread with homemade bread dough. This apple pull apart bread will bake up so light and fluffy.
For this pull apart bread recipe we are starting with a homemade dough made with quick rise yeast. This step will skip a rise time making it faster to get to the gooey apple cinnamon bread!
For the base of this pull apart bread, I used the dough recipe from this Raspberry Chocolate Chip Pull Apart Coffee Cake. It’s easy to make and tastes so good.
How to make Apple Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread:
- Pull Apart Bread Dough - Mix 2 cups flour, sugar, yeast, and warmed milk and butter in a mixing bowl until it comes together. Add the rest of the flour and mix until a soft dough pulls away from the bowl. Cover and let rise one hour. Cut into 32 pieces and flatten to about 3 inches each. Dip each slice in Cinnamon Sugar before adding the apples.
- Cinnamon Apples - Sauté diced apples in butter until slightly softened. Stir in sugars, cornstarch, and cinnamon and cook until soft and thickened. Let cool slightly. Place a spoonful of apple filling on 30 of the dough circles. Fill TWO bread pans with 15 slices each. Add one dough slice without apples to the top and then bake.
- Glaze - Mix together powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Drizzle over the warm apple bread and devour.
This Apple Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread is best eaten the day it is made, but it can also be kept in a loosely sealed container and be enjoyed the next day. Warm it in the oven for 5-10 minutes, or microwave slices for 10-15 seconds to get that fresh from the oven taste.
Want more pull apart bread in your life? Try this Gooey S'mores Pull Apart Bread. Chocolate and marshmallow will have you licking the pan clean!
I am sharing this recipe over at Dixie Crystals today.
Click on Apple Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread to see the full recipe.
More apple recipes:
- Homemade Apple Pie Filling
- Caramel Apple Bundt Cake
- Cinnamon Sugar Apple Donut Holes
- Apple Crisp Cheesecake
- Toffee Apple Pie Cookies
- Apple Nachos
*Dixie Crystals has sponsored this recipe and post. All opinions expressed are 100% my own. Thank you for letting me share products and brands we use and love. See my disclosure policy for more information.*