Add a delicious twist to your favorite Banana Bundt Cake with Butterfinger candy bits and cream cheese frosting. This easy cake recipe is such a great way to use up ripe bananas.
Other days I get inspired to get creative with ingredients that I have in our pantry. Since we had a bag of bite-sized Butterfinger candy bars and Butterfinger baking bits, I decided to add them to a banana bundt cake. It just seemed like the logical thing to do.
After one slice of this magical butterfinger cake, I knew it was the best thing I had made with bananas in a while! Trust me! You need this cake ASAP!
Why You Should Make This Cake
Do you have ripe bananas sitting on the counter waiting to be used? This delicious banana bundt cake recipe is the perfect solution. It's easy to make and a great way to use up those brown bananas.
If you love banana bread, you are going to love this banana cake even more. It has the light fluffy texture of sweet bread but combined with the dense texture of a pound cake.
This banana cake is packed with banana flavor AND peanut butter candy. The Butterfinger candy bits add a fun twist on the traditional banana bundt cake.
Cream cheese frosting takes this moist cake over the top. The combination of sweet bananas and creamy frosting is irresistible. You won't be able to resist taking bite after bite of this delicious cake.
This easy banana bundt cake recipe uses simple ingredients that you may already have in your kitchen. The combination of banana and peanut butter gives this cake a unique and amazing taste.
- Cake Mix - Using a yellow box cake mix saves a little bit of time in the kitchen
- Instant Banana Pudding Mix - Gives more banana flavor and also adds a moist dense texture to the bundt cake.
- Ripe Bananas - Over ripe bananas are the key to a sweet moist cake. If your bananas are not quite ready, see how to make bananas ripen faster with our easy tips.
- Milk - Using milk instead of water gives a box cake mix a richer flavor.
- Butterfinger Bits - You can buy bags of already crushed candy in some grocery stores. If you can't find those bags, crush a few full sized candy bars into little bits.
- Cream Cheese Frosting
How To Make Banana Bundt Cake
Not only is this banana cake recipe a delicious way to use up the ripe bananas on your counter, it is also very easy to make in minutes. This sweet Butterfinger cake is sure to please everyone you share it with.
- Prep the pan. Spray the bundt pan with nonstick baking spray and preheat the oven.
- Make the cake batter. Add the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, milk, oil, and mashed bananas in a mixing bowl. Beat on low speed for one minute, then increase to medium speed for two minutes. Stir in the candy pieces gently.
- Bake and cool. Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan and bake until done. Insert a toothpick in the center and check for a few moist crumbs. Let the cake cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes, then flip it out and cool completely.
- Frost and enjoy. Make cream cheese frosting and spread it on the sides of the cooled cake. Add extra frosting swirls and top with candy bars.
Because this banana bundt cake is frosted with a cream cheese frosting, you need to keep it in the refrigerator. Make sure to cover it tightly, so the cake does not dry out.
You can also freeze the cooled cake before frosting. Wrap it in plastic wrap and foil, then place in a freezer safe bag or container and freeze for 2-3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator, then frosting before serving.
Tips and Tricks
- Use the ripest bananas for the best flavor and sweetness.
- Grease the bundt cake pan very well, so the cake does not stick. You can use a pastry brush to add shortening to all the sides, then sprinkle flour over everything.
- Our favorite way to keep bundt cakes from sticking is to use a baking spray that has the flour in it. Baker's Joy is the brand we usually use.
- Let the baked cake cool 15 minutes in the pan before flipping it out onto a plate to cool completely. If you let it cool much longer, it may stick when you try to flip it out.
- Change up the cake by adding mini chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or berries instead of the Butterfinger candies.
- Don't like cream cheese frosting? Use this vanilla buttercream frosting instead.
Do you flip a bundt cake out right away?
No! You want to let the cake cool in the pan for about 15 minutes before removing it. Place a plate on the top of the cake and invert the pan. Let the cake fall out, then remove the pan gently.
How do you frost a bundt cake?
You can use an angled spatula to gently smooth the frosting on the sides of the bundt cake. Another option is to fill a piping bag and a large tip to frost the cake.
Another easy way to frost a bundt cake is to melt canned frosting into a glaze and drizzle it slowly over the top.
More Ways to Use Bananas
- Best Banana Cake
- Crispy Banana Cookies
- Banana Zucchini Cookies
- Banana Oat Protein Pancakes
- Cinnamon Banana Bread
- Banana Cinnamon Rolls
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5 star ⭐️ rating and/or a review in the comments section further below.
*This Butterfinger banana bundt cake was first published February 2016. The post was updated and republished July 2022.