A coating of cinnamon sugar gives this Cinnamon Banana Bread the most delicious crunch all over the outside. This moist banana bread recipe is a great way to use up over-ripe bananas because it turns out perfect every time.
Cinnamon Banana Bread
Fruit seems to be a hit or miss item with our kids. One month they eat all the berries in the fridge before I can even blink. The next month all they will touch are bananas and grapes. Luckily I love to find ways to use up the different fruits when they sits too long.
Banana bread is one of my favorite things to bake when we have extra ripe bananas. I have made so many variations to our classic banana bread recipe over the past few years. Most of the time I make chocolate chip banana bread because our kids love it, but sometimes I like to have fun with this banana bread with sour cream and add different mix ins to change it up.
Oh, my!!! The loaf of cinnamon crunch banana bread came out so good. The inside was so soft, fluffy, and moist! And the outside had a delicious crunch all the way around.
A loaf of moist banana bread with cinnamon sugar topping is one of the easiest things to make. With just 10 minutes of prep work and a few pantry staples, you can have a loaf in your oven too.
- Butter - Using softened butter will give the bread a lighter, cake-like texture.
- Granulated Sugar - Sweetens the batter.
- Eggs - Adds the liquid to bind everything together.
- Sour Cream - The secret ingredient that makes this such a moist and delicious banana bread.
- Vanilla & Cinnamon - Adds flavor.
- Bananas - Use dark spotty bananas for best flavor.
- Flour - Gives structure to the bread.
- Baking Soda & Salt - Reacts with the sour cream to provide lift and balances the sweetness.
- Cinnamon Sugar - Use it to coat the bread pan and to sprinkle on top for a fun snickerdoodle banana bread flavor. Buy store bought or use our favorite cinnamon sugar ratio.
How to make Cinnamon Banana Bread
Adding the extra cinnamon sugar mix on top before baking makes this banana bread with a crunchy top amazing!!! Trust me and slather butter on a warm slice of this churro banana bread when it comes out of the oven.
- Beat softened butter and sugar in a large bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs, sour cream, vanilla, and mashed bananas and mix again.
- Stir in the dry ingredients gently until mixed.
- Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with nonstick spray and coat it with cinnamon sugar.
- Spread the banana bread batter in the prepared pan. Top with more cinnamon sugar.
- Bake, cool, enjoy!!!
Banana Bread Variations
- Use a mixture of granulated and brown sugar to give the cinnamon banana bread a richer, more caramel flavor.
- Love banana walnut bread? Stir ½ cup chopped walnuts into the batter before baking. Make sure to add some to to the top too.
- Add cinnamon chips to the batter before baking to increase the cinnamon flavor.
- Want cinnamon swirl banana bread? Spread half the batter in the pan, sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top, then cover with the rest of the batter and a light sprinkle of cinnamon sugar on top.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many mashed bananas are in a cup?
2 large bananas or 3 medium sized bananas will give you 1 cup of mashed banana.
How long does banana bread with cinnamon sugar topping keep?
A loaf of fresh banana bread will keep for 2-3 days on your counter if wrapped tightly.
Can banana bread be frozen?
Yes, it can. Make sure the loaf of banana bread is cooled completely. Wrap the bread tightly in plastic wrap, place in a freezer safe bag or container, and freeze for 2-3 months.
Can banana bread be made ahead of time?
You can make it one day ahead of time, but there is just something about a loaf of moist banana bread hot out of the oven.
More Banana Bread Recipes
Other Easy Sweet Bread Recipes
- Zucchini Bread with chocolate chips
- Carrot Bread
- Orange Poppy Seed Bread
- Mini Monkey Bread
- Apple Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please consider leaving a 5 star ⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further below.
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup mashed banana (3 medium)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with nonstick spray. Coat the pan with 1-2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar. Set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla, eggs, sour cream, and banana and mix again.
- Stir in the cinnamon, flour, baking soda, and salt until combined. Spread in prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the top of the batter with the remaining cinnamon sugar. Bake 60-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
- Let the banana bread cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes, then flip out onto a plate. Flip it back over onto another plate and let cool.
- Store bread in a tightly sealed container on the counter for a few days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 239Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 210mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 3g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.