The best Banana Split Fluff Salad is an easy dessert salad that is loaded with all your favorite banana split toppings. Stir everything into one bowl, and it is ready to go.
Bring a bowl of this easy fruit salad and a Banana Split Cake to your next picnic and watch everyone devour the sweet goodness.
Now this is how I like to eat my salad. Anything loaded with fruit, nuts, marshmallows, and chocolate has to be a good thing. Yes, you read that right. This ambrosia salad recipe has chocolate in it. You can totally leave them out if you can’t do a “salad” with chocolate in it.
Now I know what you are thinking. There is no way this creamy fluff salad recipe should be called a salad because it does not contain green leafy vegetables.
Well, technically this is more like a dessert because it has pudding and marshmallows in it. But hey, I like to call it fruit salad dessert because then I can eat a second helping without feeling too much guilt.
My mother-in-law makes a pistachio fluff salad that I absolutely love. You probably have had this same watergate salad at church potlucks or barbecues because a Jello salad and ambrosia salad have been staples at church functions for years.
Any time anyone shows up with a Cool Whip fruit salad of any kind, it is always one of the first things to disappear.
The other day I was totally craving an easy fluff salad! Ever since I made this Banana Split Brownie Pie, I am always looking for ways to turn things into banana split desserts because that’s a flavor I will never tire of!
What You’ll Need
This fluff salad has all the classic banana split flavors in one bowl. Mix it all in one bowl and serve.
- Crushed Pineapple – do not drain the liquid
- Banana Pudding – very important that you get the instant pudding mix
- Cool Whip – gives it the fluffy texture. You can also use 3 cups of this Homemade Whipped Cream recipe.
- Toppings – walnuts, mini chocolate chips, cherries, marshmallows, sliced bananas
How to make Banana Split Fluff
- Stir the pudding into the pineapple in a large mixing bowl. Do not drain the can of pineapple because the juice will help the pudding thicken up.
- Fold in an entire container of thawed Cool Whip into the pudding with a spatula.
- Gently stir in marshmallows, chopped walnuts, banana slices, mini chocolate chips, and maraschino cherries. Feel free to change up the banana split toppings to include the ones you like or don’t like.
- Refrigerate the dessert salad for at least an hour because the flavors need time to thicken and meld together. This also gives the marshmallows time to soften and become soft fluffy bites.
BruCrew Tip: If you are serving this banana split fluff later in the day or even the next day, I recommend stirring the bananas into it right before serving. This just keeps the bananas from getting brown and mushy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you use a different flavor of pudding?
Yes, you sure can. Vanilla or french vanilla pudding would taste great.
Can you make this dessert salad ahead of time?
This fluff salad dessert is best served the day you make it. It can be made up to 24 hours ahead of time, but do not stir the banana slices into it until right before you serve it.
Other Fluff Salads
- Strawberry Fluff Salad
- Cookies and Cream Fluff
- Rocky Road Chocolate Fluff
- S’mores Cheesecake Fluff
- Pumpkin Fluff
More Easy No Bake Desserts
- White Chocolate Parfait
- S’mores Eclair Cake
- Easy Tiramisu recipe
- Swiss Rolls Cake
- No Bake Strawberry Pie
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Be sure to follow us on our social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a Facebook group and would love for you to join. Share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. Request to join HERE.
- 1 - 3.4 ounce box instant banana pudding
- 1 - 20 ounce can crushed pineapple (do not drain)
- 1 - 8 ounce container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts + 2 Tablespoons for garnish
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips + 1 Tablespoon for garnish
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- 2 - 10 ounce each jars maraschino cherries, halved and patted dry
- Stir together the dry pudding mix and pineapple until dissolved and thickened.
- Fold in the Cool Whip with a spatula.
- Gently stir in the marshmallows, 1/2 cup nuts, 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips, bananas, and cherries.
- Refrigerate 1 hour to chill. Top with reserved nuts and chips and serve immediately.
- If you are making this fluff salad to serve later, stir the bananas in right before serving to keep them from getting brown and mushy.
- You can also dip the banana slices in lemon juice to keep them from browning too quickly, but it may add a slight lemon flavor to the dessert.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 137Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 21mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 1g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
*The post for Banana Split Fluff Salad was first published April 2015. The post was updated and republished April 2019.