Need a simple dessert for when company shows up last minute? Just three ingredients makes this gooey Blackberry Dump Cake the perfect dessert. Serve it warm with ice cream for a dreamy summer treat that tastes like blackberry cobbler.
Over the years one of our favorite quick and easy summer desserts has been an easy dump cake recipe or this strawberry cobbler. They are seriously so delicious when the vanilla ice cream starts to melt into the warm fruit filling. Holy yum.
No stirring, no mixing, no work. Gotta love easy desserts that taste out of this world, right?
Why This Works
- No mixing bowls.
- Just three simple ingredients.
- Easy to make in minutes.
- Tastes amazing hot or cold.
The best about a dump cake is that you can change out the pie filling and cake flavor to make a new dump cake recipe every single time you bake one.
What is a Dump Cake?
A dump cake is exactly what it sounds like. You open and dump all the ingredients into a pan and bake. This easy dessert is a cross between cake and cobbler.
Dump cakes and cobblers are very similar. They both have a fruit filling topped with some type of crust.
What You'll Need
Making dump cake from a cake mix is so easy to do. You are only three ingredients away from making a delicious blackberry dump cake that tastes like blackberry cobbler.
- Blackberry Pie Filling - You will need two store bought cans or two batches of this homemade blackberry pie filling.
- Cake Mix - Vanilla, lemon, yellow...whatever you like or have on hand.
- Butter - Salted or unsalted is fine
How to Make a Blackberry Dump Cake
It is so easy to throw together this blackberry dump cake with pie filling in minutes. The hardest part is waiting for it to finish baking, so you can dig into the warm cake.
- Spray or grease a casserole dish.
- Spread two cans of blackberry pie filling in the dish.
- Sprinkle the dry lemon cake mix evenly over the top of the pie filling.
- Drop small chunks of butter all over the top of the dry cake mix.
- Bake until golden brown and bubbly.
What I love about a dump cake recipe is how easy it is to change up the flavor based on what you have or like. Here are a few of our favorite combos.
- cherry pie filling, yellow or chocolate cake mix
- strawberry pie filling, white cake mix
- apple pie filling, spice cake mix
- blueberry pie filling, lemon cake mix
Looking for a homemade version? This chocolate cherry dessert is amazing!
Does a dump cake need refrigerated?
Leftover dump cake needs to be stored in the refrigerator. Cover the dish tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4-5 days.
How do you serve a dump cake?
Serve warm three ingredient cake with vanilla ice cream and cold dump cake with this homemade whipped cream.
More Recipes with Pie Filling
Other Easy Dessert Recipes
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5 star ⭐️ rating and/or a review in the comments section further below.
*The post for Blackberry Lemon Dump Cake was first published July 5, 2017. The post was updated and republished June 5, 2021.