These easy Chicken Alfredo Calzones are loaded with meat, vegetables, and cheese. Little stuffed pizza pockets made from biscuit dough are the perfect recipe for game day or for dinner time with kids.
Our family loves Friday pizza night. We usually have some sort of pizza and watch movies or play games every weekend. There are a few weeks that we change it up and order out, but for the most part we make our easy homemade pizza dough, and everyone creates their own personal pizza.
Since pizza for dinner is always a winner, I knew our kiddos would love these little hand-held cheesy calzones in the middle of the week.
This week I had some canned chicken that needed to be used up, so I mixed up some vegetables, sauce, and cheese and folded it into biscuits.
Refrigerated biscuits are a life saver sometimes. I usually have a few different ones floating around in the fridge for quick and easy meals.
How to make Chicken Alfredo Calzones:
- Stir together chicken, bacon, veggies, cheese, and Alfredo sauce.
- Flatten each biscuit out to 5 inches.
- Put ½ cup of the chicken mixture on one half of each dough circles.
- Stretch the dough over the chicken and use a fork to press the dough together.
- Bake for about 14 minutes.
- Brush the cooked calzones with a light coat of melted butter and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
BRUCREW TIP: If you are serving these as your main meal or as game day snacks, you may want to double the recipe. 8 biscuits don't go very far when hungry hoards attack them.
What to serve with chicken calzones:
More chicken Alfredo recipes:
- Chicken Alfredo Pizza
- Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
- Chicken Gnocchi
- Chicken Alfredo Lasagna
- Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Rolls
- Chicken Alfredo Soup