Looking for a fun and different Easter dessert recipe? This easy Carrot Cake Fudge has a layer of carrot cake and cream cheese fudge, plus colorful M&M candies on top.
When I start on a flavor, I tend to run it into the ground. Carrot cake is my choice of flavor right now. On Sunday I shared these Carrot Cake Magic Bars, today it is fudge, and I really want to make another batch of these Carrot Cheesecake Muffins tomorrow.
There were a few other ideas I thought about making, but I will add those to my list for next year.
For some reason I had this strange desire to make carrot cake fudge this year. Of course a quick search on Google brought up quite a few different recipes, but I didn’t see any for the idea that I had swirling in my head. Gotta love that.
All the ones I saw had real carrots and pineapple in them, but that’s not what I had in mind. I had one carrot cake mix left in my cupboard, so I decided to experiment and see if a cake mix can be added to fudge.
Turns out, it works pretty well.
The cream cheese frosting on these Easy Carrot Cake Bars is one of my favorite parts to that cake. So I knew this Carrot Cake Fudge needed a layer of cream cheese fudge on top as well. I kind of have a thing for layered fudge.
Carrot Cake M&M’s were the perfect decoration for each fudge square. I don’t know if they are back in stock again or not though. The little carrot icing decorations would be so fun too.
One thing about this fudge is that it sets up a little faster than some of the other ones I have made before. I’m not always the most patient when I am waiting to munch on a new creation.
Now I need to find someone who needs fudge because I also have snacking issues and can’t be trusted around any fudge.
Other fun Easter recipes:
More easy fudge recipes:
- Strawberry Shortcake Fudge
- Caramel Hot Chocolate Fudge
- Turtle Cheesecake Fudge
- Mint Brownie Swirl Fudge
Carrot Cake Fudge
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 3 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 - 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup dry carrot cake mix
- 1/2 cup marshmallow cream
Cream Cheese Fudge
- 3/4 cup canned cream cheese frosting
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons marshmallow cream
- 1/2 cup Carrot Cake M&M's*
- Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large sauce pan combine the butter, 3 cups white chips, and can of sweetened condensed milk. Stir over low heat until melted and smooth.
- Stir in the dry cake mix 1/4 cup at a time until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in the marshmallow cream. Keep stirring to keep the fudge from sticking on the bottom.
- Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- In another saucepan, melt the 1 cup of white chips over low heat until they are soft and kind of melted.
- Stir in the cream cheese frosting and marshmallow cream when the chips are melted.
- Pour the cream cheese fudge mixture over the carrot cake layer and smooth out. Let cool 10 minutes.
- Press the M&M's into the top in a grid pattern. Chill in the fridge 1 hour before cutting.
*If you can't find the carrot cake M&M's, you could top the fudge with Easter sprinkles.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 54 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 140Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 47mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 17gProtein: 2g