This easy Peanut Butter Pudding Pie is a must-make recipe for peanut butter lovers. A Nutter Butter crust combined with creamy peanut butter cheesecake and white chocolate pudding creates a delicious dessert. Enjoy this sweet treat any time of year.
I love eating pie all year round, but there's something extra special about it this time of year. During the busy holidays, I rely on simple, no-bake recipes for my family to enjoy.
One of our favorites is this chocolate peanut butter pie. To change it up, I used Nutter Butter cookies, white chocolate pudding, and white chocolate peanut butter cups.
When it comes to desserts, I usually go for dark chocolate. But there's something about the white chocolate mousse in this peanut butter pie that I can't resist.
Why You Will Love This Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
If you love peanut butter, this dessert is perfect with its rich and creamy peanut butter flavor.
- Easy, no bake dessert. Baking this pie is unnecessary, so it is one of the easiest pies to make. The crust sets in the fridge, and the fillings are no-bake.
- Light and creamy. The combination of creamy cheesecake filling and fluffy pudding keeps it from being heavy.
- Delicious all year long. This is a great treat to make during the hot summer months or for Thanksgiving dinner.
What You'll Need
This peanut butter pie with pudding is made quickly using simple ingredients.
- Nutter Butter Crust - Use crushed nutter butter cookies and butter to make a 9-inch pie crust. Other delicious options are an Oreo cookie crust or pretzel pie crust.
- Cream Cheese - Full-fat cream cheese will give you the best taste and texture. Set it out 30 minutes before making the pie filling.
- Powdered Sugar - Sweetens the no-bake filling.
- Peanut Butter - Feel free to use creamy or crunchy.
- Cool Whip - One container of thawed whipped topping is enough for all the layers. Feel free to use heavy cream and powdered sugar to make homemade whipped cream.
- Instant Pudding - Use a single small box to make the pudding layer. Do not buy the cook & serve! We usually look for white chocolate, but cheesecake or vanilla pudding mix are suitable substitutes.
- Milk - Choose a cow's milk that has a higher fat content. I recommend whole milk, but 2% will work, too.
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups - The minis are the perfect size to decorate the top of a pie.
How To Make a Peanut Butter Pudding Pie
Whether you're a beginner or a pro baker, this peanut butter cream pie can be made in just a few easy steps.
- Make the crust. Crush Nutter Butter cookies (cream included) in a food processor, then stir in melted butter. Press this mixture into a 9-inch pie pan.
- Make the creamy peanut butter filling. Beat the softened cream cheese, powdered icing sugar, and peanut butter in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Add a little bit of Cool Whip and gently fold in. Spread the cream cheese mixture in the bottom of the prepared pie crust.
- Whisk the pudding. Beat or stir the instant pudding mix with milk until thick. Fold in Cool Whip and spread it on the peanut butter layer. Cover and refrigerate for a few hours before serving.
- Add the topping. Fill a piping bag with an icing tip 1M with the extra Cool Whip. Swirl it around the top of the pie plate, then add white chocolate Reese's peanut butter cups to each one.
BruCrew Tip: Sprinkle it with chocolate shavings, mini Reese's Pieces, or chopped peanuts before serving.
It's best to store the pie in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. The cookie crust will soften the longer it is in the fridge.
This pie can also be sliced and frozen in a freezer-safe container for 1-2 months. Let it sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving.
Tips and Tricks
- Use a food processor to crush the cookies into fine crumbs. Don't have one? Use a ziplock bag and a rolling pin.
- Let it chill for at least 4 hours before slicing it. This gives the layers time to firm up so the slices will hold their shape.
- Make clean slices with a hot, dry knife. Dip it in hot water, then make one cut at a time. Repeat until the entire pie has been sliced.
- Use a different type of pie crust. Any homemade or store-bought crust will work. We love changing it with a chocolate chip cookie crust or a sweet graham cracker crust.
- Drizzle hot fudge, chocolate syrup, or melted peanut butter on top for a garnish.
- Make a chocolate peanut butter pudding pie recipe. Use a chocolate cookie crust and chocolate pudding, and then top it with milk chocolate Reese's cups.
- Use cookie butter to make this for someone with nut allergies.
Any pie crust you prefer can be used. We like making a homemade pie crust from cookies or graham crackers. You can even buy a store-bought crust.
No. Instant pudding requires the protein from cow's milk to set correctly. If you need to use a different milk, you must make a cook and serve pudding with it first.
This particular pie recipe can be made with any peanut butter. Feel free to use creamy, crunchy, or even natural.
More Easy No Bake Pies
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie
- Lemon Jello Pie
- No Bake Eggnog Pie
- Mini Strawberry Pies
- Coconut Chocolate Pie
Do you love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5-star ⭐️ rating and then a review in the comments section below.
*This post was first published in November 2015. The photos were updated in November 2020; then it was republished in November 2023.