This Chocolate Pumpkin Lasagna has creamy layers of chocolate and pumpkin cheesecake and homemade whipped cream on a crunchy cookie crust. An easy, no-bake dessert is just what your fall party needs!
*I am partnering with Dixie Crystals to bring you this dessert lasagna recipe. Click HERE to see the full recipe.
If you have never had a dessert lasagna, you have definitely been missing out. They have a couple different layers of creamy goodness with a cookie crust, and they are so refreshing.
A few years ago I made this No Bake Banana Split Oreo Dessert Lasagna, and it has remained one of my all time favorite summer desserts. Something about all those gooey layers just gets me every time.
This fall I decided to give that dessert lasagna a fall twist by adding a layer of no bake pumpkin cheesecake to it instead of the traditional pudding layer.
Now I realize when you hear the word lasagna you think of savory pasta layers baked together in one giant pan. While a dessert lasagna doesn't have the noodles, it does have the same structure.
If you have ever had an icebox cake or dessert lush, it is basically the same thing. An easy dessert that is made in one pan with multiple layers of goodness.
A dessert lasagna usually starts with some type of cookie crust and is followed by a combination of pudding, no bake cheesecake, fruit, cookies, whipped cream, or nut layers.
The end result is a delicious, decadent dessert that is best shared with a group of friends or family.
How to make Chocolate Pumpkin Lasagna:
CRUST - Crush the cookies in a food processor until they are just crumbs. Mix with melted butter and press into a pan. PRO TIP: Leave the frosting inside the cookies while you crush them.
CHOCOLATE LAYER - Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until creamy. Add cocoa powder and vanilla and beat again. Fold homemade whipped cream in gently. Spread evenly on top of crust.
PUMPKIN LAYER - Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until creamy. Add pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla and beat again. Fold whipped cream in gently. Spread evenly on top of chocolate layer.
WHIPPED CREAM LAYER - Spread the remaining whipped cream on top of the dessert lasagna. Chill for a few hours or until set.
Tips for a pumpkin dessert lasagna:
- Use a different cookie for the crust. Golden Oreos would taste great in this. You could also use a layer of chocolate graham crackers on the bottom instead of a cookie crust. Just make sure to refrigerate it long enough for the cookies to get soft before cutting into it.
- Feel free to use Cool Whip instead of the Homemade Whipped Cream, if you prefer.
- Add toppings that match the current holiday. Ghosts and tombstones turn this lasagna into a fun Ghosts in the Graveyard Dessert.
I am sharing this recipe over at Dixie Crystals today.
Click on Chocolate Pumpkin Lasagna to see the full recipe.
This Chocolate Pumpkin Lasagna can be served for Halloween or Thanksgiving. Different topping ideas make it customizable for either holiday.
Fun Topping Ideas
- Marshmallow Ghosts with candy eyes or Ghost Cookies
- Milano Cookies with black gel frosting words
- Candy Pumpkins
- Sprinkle Bones
- Chocolate Curls
- Chocolate Cookie Chunks
- Caramel or Hot Fudge Drizzles
- Chocolate Fudge Turkeys
More easy no bake Halloween desserts:
- No Bake Halloween Cheesecake Parfaits
- Spooky Chocolate Vanilla Oreo Fudge
- No Bake Halloween Oreo Cream Pie
- Chocolate Dipped Halloween Apple Rings
- Halloween Oreo Stuffed Rice Krispie Treats
Other pumpkin dessert recipes:
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownie Pie
- Easy Pumpkin Crunch Cobbler
- Best Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Pumpkin S'mores Bars
*Dixie Crystals has sponsored this recipe and post. All opinions expressed are 100% my own. Thank you for letting me share products and brands we use and love. See my disclosure policy for more information.*