This No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie is one of the easiest fall desserts you can make. A fluffy pumpkin mousse inside a chocolate chip cookie crust will surprise everyone with its delicious taste. Why settle for ordinary when you can have extraordinary.
Around Thanksgiving, pumpkin pie is all the rage. Don't get me wrong. I love a good pumpkin pie and this 3 minute pumpkin mug cake. But sometimes you just need to break free of the traditional norm and do something different.
This year I decided to change things up again and make a no bake pumpkin pie with a cheesecake mousse filling.
Why You will Love this Recipe
A pumpkin cheesecake is a great dessert to make for fall. It is easy to make, creamy and fluffy, and has a light pumpkin flavor.
If that wasn't enough, we skipped the traditional graham cracker crust and layered this pie on a chocolate chip cookie crust. Trust me, it adds the perfect sweet crunch to that sweet pumpkin spice filling.
Plus, the best part is that this pie is completely no bake! This means it is the perfect dessert for Thanksgiving because you do not need any extra oven space for it.
Gather up a few ingredients and whip up this no bake cream cheese pumpkin pie in no time at all. Just give yourself enough time for the creamy mousse to chill in the fridge for a few hours.
- Chocolate Chip Cookies - Add a little butter to crushed up store bought cookies for an amazing cookie crust. You could also use a graham cracker crust or an Oreo crust. Make sure to save the extra cookies for the topping!
- Cream Cheese - You just need one block of full fat Philadelphia cream cheese to make this pumpkin cheesecake. You can use other brands, but we stand by the Kraft label.
- Libby's Pumpkin Puree - Make sure you buy a can of pure pumpkin puree, not the pumpkin pie mix which has sugar and spices already added to it.
- Sugar and Spice - Brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, and nutmug bring this pie to life! Go ahead and use pumpkin pie spice in place of the other spices if you have that instead.
- Cool Whip - This gives the cheesecake pumpkin pie the fluff that it needs to hold it together. You can also make 6 cups of homemade whipped cream and use that in place of the store bought whipped topping.
How to Make a No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
When you see how quick and easy this recipe for no bake pumpkin cheesecake is to make, you will want to make it for every occasion this fall.
- Crush the cookies. Place them in a food processor and pulse until they are crumbs. Combine the finely ground cookies with melted butter.
- Press the crumbs into a 9 inch pie plate. Starting with the sides, press the crumbs firmly around the edge of the pan, then press the center down tightly. You need a firm crust to hold the soft filling.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugars in a large bowl until smooth and creamy. Add the pumpkin and spices and mix again.
- Using a rubber spatula gently fold some Cool Whip into the pumpkin mixture until it is light and fluffy.
- Spoon the creamy pumpkin pie filling evenly into the chilled cookie crust.
- Spread more Cool Whip evenly over the top with an offset spatula. Refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours.
BruCrew Tip: Decorate the top of the pie with more whipped topping swirls, extra cookies, and fall sprinkles before serving.
In the Refrigerator
Store the whole pie or slices of the pie in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
This no bake pumpkin pie is really best if served within 12-24 hours of making it because the moisture from the pumpkin can start to release and make the crust soggy.
In the Freezer
You can freeze this pie if you want to keep it for a longer period of time or if you need to make it in advance. Cover it tightly with two layers of plastic wrap and foil to avoid any freezer burn. It will keep for 1-2 months.
Once you freeze it, you will need to serve it as a frozen dessert. This pie doesn't hold up well after thawing.
Tips and Tricks
- If you do not have a food processor, place the cookies in a Ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
- Remove the excess moisture from the pumpkin puree before adding it to the pie filling. Spoon it onto paper towels and let it sit for about 30 minutes.
- Make sure the cream cheese is room temperature before you start mixing it. If it is still cold, you will end up with little bits of cream cheese in the filling.
- Allow enough time for this pie to chill in the refrigerator for a few hours, so it is firm enough to cut.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the pie. Run it under hot water and dry it off between cuts for the cleanest slices.
- This no bake pie can also be made in an 8x8 or 9x9 square pan or springform pan. Double the ingredients if you want to make it in a 9x13 dish.
- Want to make smaller individual desserts? Spoon the filling into mini store bought Keebler graham cracker crusts or swirl it into little parfait cups.
Either set the cream cheese out on the counter until it comes to room temperature or you can use a microwave. Remove all the packaging and wrapper and place in the microwave for 10-15 seconds or until softened.
A no bake cheesecake is typically softer than a traditional cheesecake because it is made with whipped topping and not baked. Be sure to gently fold in the Cool Whip and do not beat it. This will help it to retain the air and not make the cheesecake go flat or soupy.
Also, be sure to let this chill at least 4 hours. Overnight is even better for a firm texture when slicing.
Yes, this pie can be made up to 24 hours ahead of time. This no bake pumpkin cheesecake pie on a cookie crust is best if eaten the day it is made though.
I recommend making this no bake pie with full fat cream cheese and regular Cool Whip, so it sets up properly.
Other Easy No Bake Pies
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5 star ⭐️ rating and/or a review in the comments section further below.
*The post for this pumpkin cheesecake pie was first shared September 2014. We updated the post and pictures and it was republished November 2022.
**We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com .