With a warm cinnamon brown sugar streusel and a sweet glaze, this Pumpkin Coffee Cake will satisfy all your fall cravings. A dense and moist texture make it a delicious choice for breakfast or dessert.
Fall is almost here, and that means it is time to pumpkin spice all the things. And I know others are ready because my copycat pumpkin cream cold brew and pumpkin spice bundt cake are going crazy right now.
We've got the perfect coffee cake for your autumn breakfast or brunch needs. It is moist, delicious, and topped with the best cinnamon brown sugar streusel.
You won't be able to resist snacking on this decadent coffee cake all day long. It's the perfect way to welcome fall and all things pumpkin.
Why You Will Love this Coffee Cake
This pumpkin coffee cake has the perfect ratio of cinnamon and spices. And the crisp streusel on top gives this breakfast treat an even better flavor and texture.
Not only is this coffee cake absolutely delicious, it is easy to make. The batter and topping come together in minutes. Plus, your kitchen will smell amazing as it bakes.
- It is dense and moist, just like a coffee cake should be.
- A thick layer of cinnamon sugar streusel gives it a great crunch.
- Bursting with pumpkin spice flavor, it tastes like fall.
If you are looking for a coffee cake loaded with fall goodness, you are going to love this easy pumpkin streusel coffee cake.
There are three different layers in this pumpkin coffee cake. Moist cake, crisp streusel, and sweet glaze.
Do not get intimidated by the list of ingredients in this recipe. Most of the ingredients are basics that are probably already in your pantry.
- Cream Cheese - A block of full fat cream cheese will give it the best flavor and texture. Set it out ahead of time, so it can soften before you mix everything together.
- Butter - We like to use unsalted butter, so we can adjust the salt in the recipe to our liking.
- Sugar - A mix of brown sugar and granulated sugar sweetens the coffee cake batter.
- Pumpkin Puree - Make sure the canned pumpkin says puree. Do not buy the pumpkin pie mix because it has added spices and sugar in it!
- Flour - All purpose flour adds structure to the batter. Learn how to measure flour correctly, so your baked goods turn out correctly every time.
- Fall Spices - A mix of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves make this cake taste warm and inviting.
How to Make Pumpkin Coffee Cake
Our pumpkin coffee cake recipe is a great way to enjoy all the delicious flavors of fall without spending hours in the kitchen. The layers in this coffee cake come together easily.
Make sure to preheat the oven and spray your baking dish with nonstick spray before making the breakfast treat.
- Mix the cream cheese, butter, and sugars together in a large bowl until it is light and creamy.
- Add the eggs, pumpkin puree, and vanilla and mix again.
- Slowly mix in the dry ingredients until a soft batter forms. Do not over mix!
- Spread the pumpkin cake batter in a greased 9x13 pan.
- Stir together the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon in a medium bowl. Add the softened butter and mix until it looks crumbly.
- Use your hands to clump it together into large crumbs.
- Use your hands to crumble the large streusel crumbs into smaller pieces. Sprinkle the crumb topping evenly over the top of the cake batter.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, depending upon what type of pan you use. A toothpick inserted into the center should still have a few moist crumbs on it. Remove and let the breakfast cake cool on a wire rack.
BruCrew Tip: Once the cake is cool stir together powdered sugar and milk to make a glaze to drizzle over the top or individual slices.
Your coffee cake will stay fresh and moist for a few days if properly stored. Place it in an air tight container and keep on the counter for 3-4 days.
Tips and Tricks
- Add toasted nuts to the batter or topping to add more flavor and crunch.
- Use 2 ½ teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice instead of the other spices.
- Do not over mix the batter or the cake will be too dense and heavy.
- Pack the crumbs tightly. Use your hands to squeeze handfuls together tightly.
- The baking time will depend on what type of pan you are baking the cake in. A cake made in a metal pan will be done sooner than one baked in a glass pan.
- Make sure the cake is completely cool before adding the glaze. A warm cake will make the glaze melt into the topping.
- Add more pumpkin spice flavor to the glaze by using a pumpkin spice creamer instead of milk.
- Serve slices of the coffee cake with a delicious pumpkin caramel latte.
No, typically coffee cake does not have any coffee in it. The reason it is called a "coffee" cake was because you serve the treat with a cup of coffee for breakfast or brunch.
If you want a caffeinated cake, you can add instant coffee to the batter and/or topping.
You sure can. Add up the amount of spices used in the recipe and use that amount of pumpkin spice instead.
Yes, the whole cake or slices can be frozen for 1-2 months. Wrap the cooled cake tightly in plastic wrap, then place in a tightly sealed freezer safe container. I recommend freezing it without the glaze.
Thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature and add the glaze before serving.
More Pumpkin Breakfast Recipes
- Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin
- Pumpkin Butter recipe
- Cinnamon Roll Pumpkin Cake
- Pumpkin Nutella Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Donuts
- Pumpkin Pop Tarts
- Pumpkin Spice Scones
Do you love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5-star ⭐️ rating and a review in the comments section below.